PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Disturbance

gpdesigner
3rd Feb 2008, 04:58 PM
The second and last render using tanj's Battlestar . . . .
I think this one came out a little better than the last image I did . . anyway I hope you all like it . . .
i guess the break is over for me and it's back to DS9 now . . .
gp

Mikala
3rd Feb 2008, 05:21 PM
I really like the painterly look to this piece.
It's also nice to see tan.j's BS getting some use. Hey as far as that goes it's nice to see your vipers out for a walk.

gpdesigner
3rd Feb 2008, 05:31 PM
vipers I thought would never get used since I decided not to do the battlestar, But I gave tanj's ship my battlestars name and completed a family . . . .
gp

Mikala
3rd Feb 2008, 06:04 PM
Well there is another way they could get some use you know ;)

gpdesigner
3rd Feb 2008, 06:37 PM
uploading them? . . .
I tried that, but they keep getting refused, besides there are like 5 MRKII vipers in the resources section . . . . . . :wtf:
I can't even give mine away . . . . .:D lol
gp

Mikala
3rd Feb 2008, 06:55 PM
Something seems kind of weird there.
If you really want to share it out I'll take one!

gpdesigner
3rd Feb 2008, 08:40 PM
sure . . I'll zip it and get you a link Tuesday . . . have to do business tomorrow.
gp

Mikala
3rd Feb 2008, 08:45 PM
Excellent!
I want to putter around and get a "show" set of lights out of the thrusters on it. Then throw it into a render using Kelly Myers tutorial using EXR rendering.

gpdesigner
3rd Feb 2008, 08:52 PM
cool NP . .
right now I am working on ds9 and watchin Atlantis . . . good stuff :tu:
gp

bmckain
3rd Feb 2008, 09:36 PM
I need more data on this. Why would it be refusing you especially when many are being added? Something is not right.

Be sure you are adding all the details.

File Name
File
Who is it being released to.
The App(s)
The description
The Thumbnail
The Large image.

Nothing can be left out regardless if it says optional or not.

Try a small test file and clearly mark it test. I can see that and let you know it uploaded ok.

If that doesn't work I need to know exactly what you are seeing, a screen cap and I need you to post it to the "Site Support" section as a "Bug Report".

No one should be locked out of uploading. If you feel you are then there is a problem.

Bob

uploading them? . . .
I tried that, but they keep getting refused, besides there are like 5 MRKII vipers in the resources section . . . . . . :wtf:
I can't even give mine away . . . . .:D lol
gp

gpdesigner
3rd Feb 2008, 10:36 PM
Bob it's fine . . . i tried to upload it when we were first going live so there was issues everywhere, it's prolly fixed now, I just haven't tried it again . . .
I will try to upload it again np, but like I said it's not a big issue sorry if I made it seem that way . . it's all good . . .

so how do you like the render?
gp

Meurig
4th Feb 2008, 04:16 AM
That's a pretty stunning backdrop, to the point that it might be overpowering the image a bit.

Overall I like the image. Mainly because of the colour and the composition, but a few things let it down in my mind. I don't know if you made the planet or not, or whether it came with the background but if it's 3D it looks like it has it's bump settings up too high making the surface look craggy. In reality mountains would have to be ridiculously high to be seen from orbit and anyway more than that it just breaks the surface up and detracts from what would otherwise be a nice intricate planet map.

The ships look pretty good overall, though the scale of the vipers against the battlestar could be made more clear by having some more vipers further away or something like that, they do look a bit big comparatively at the moment.

But yeah overall a nice image, really set off by the backdrop which is gorgeous.

The only remaining downer for me is that unfortunately I just really, really don't like that battlestar design, it's plain ugly. :wtf:

XRaiderV1
4th Feb 2008, 05:42 AM
man, I would love to see more renders of that awesome ship.

your scene renders came out soo very nicely.

gpdesigner
4th Feb 2008, 07:31 AM
That's a pretty stunning backdrop, to the point that it might be overpowering the image a bit.

Overall I like the image. Mainly because of the colour and the composition, but a few things let it down in my mind. I don't know if you made the planet or not, or whether it came with the background but if it's 3D it looks like it has it's bump settings up too high making the surface look craggy. In reality mountains would have to be ridiculously high to be seen from orbit and anyway more than that it just breaks the surface up and detracts from what would otherwise be a nice intricate planet map.

The ships look pretty good overall, though the scale of the vipers against the battlestar could be made more clear by having some more vipers further away or something like that, they do look a bit big comparatively at the moment.

But yeah overall a nice image, really set off by the backdrop which is gorgeous.

The only remaining downer for me is that unfortunately I just really, really don't like that battlestar design, it's plain ugly. :wtf:

thanks XRaiderV1 and Meurig,
I was wondering what I could do to fix the scaling and perspective, you think just adding a few ships in between would do it? I will keep that in mind.
Sorry I can't do anything about the planet . . it's part of the background image, it was all done in PhotoShop by my friend vissroid, but considering it was P.S. he did a good job.
I will drop a few more ships in in a later render to see if this fixes my future issues with depth perception.
gp

bmckain
4th Feb 2008, 12:40 PM
Bob it's fine . . . i tried to upload it when we were first going live so there was issues everywhere, it's prolly fixed now, I just haven't tried it again . . .
I will try to upload it again np, but like I said it's not a big issue sorry if I made it seem that way . . it's all good . . .

so how do you like the render?
gp

Ah, good. I was really freaking out trying to find what was wrong. :eek:

I like the image over all. A couple of things that are just personal preference for me.

I would prefer to see the Battlestar at more of a front to back angle or not so drastic a pitch on the roll. I think that would helpt he angles for the fighters coming in as well.

I think I agree with Muerig on the planet bump but since this was a backdrop you aquired there's really nothing you can do about that. And frankly, I couldn't even do that well on the backdrop.

Other than that I think it's a pretty sweet image. :)

XRaiderV1
4th Feb 2008, 01:29 PM
put it this way, I made that image my desktop wall paper, and I may even get this one framed, lol.

gpdesigner
4th Feb 2008, 03:33 PM
you guys make me blush . . shucks . . . :cool:
I know what you mean about the angles . . . but since that first one was kinda bow to stern ish, I figured this one should be a bit in distress . . .

I have another scene in mind for later but I am going to work on the Ds9 for a bit . .
gp

lonewriter
4th Feb 2008, 08:56 PM
I really like this (of course you saw me say this on SFM but I'll say it again) Where did you get that background image? I'm still working on my BSG scene with Tan.Js mesh.

TheGreatRaja
4th Feb 2008, 09:20 PM
it seems washed out to me, like it need more color variation
but that could be me

gpdesigner
4th Feb 2008, 09:21 PM
the image came from an artist called vissroid, we hang out on an art forum,
Actually I grabbed about 10 images from a few of the members . . . I told them I wanted to do some 3d compositions with them. It's not new just a bit different. we all do collabs every now and again.

gp

gpdesigner
4th Feb 2008, 09:23 PM
it seems washed out to me, like it need more color variation
but that could be me

washed out . . . ? now that's different . . . :p
gp

XRaiderV1
5th Feb 2008, 02:03 AM
I love it.
excellent work.

tan.j
6th Feb 2008, 05:20 AM
Wow, this one is just for my PC wallpaper! ;)
...and thanks for giving such brilliant stage to her.(In my background story, as you know, my original sister ship was tested but never deployed...)

gpdesigner
6th Feb 2008, 10:16 AM
Wow, this one is just for my PC wallpaper! ;)
...and thanks for giving such brilliant stage to her.(In my background story, as you know, my original sister ship was tested but never deployed...)

Thanks tanJ,
glad you like it . . your ship was the inspiration . . . hey did you see the other render of your ship I did . . ?
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20969&postcount=20
gp

greg . . . .

lonewriter
6th Feb 2008, 11:22 AM
I'm always on the lookout for background images, care to share the site you got it from?

Zippy
6th Feb 2008, 12:46 PM
That background has a certain, "Kids come inside now!" crossed with, "Umm we need to leave NOW!!" feel to it lol.
Or maybe it's a, "I told you not to eat the bean burrito!!"

gpdesigner
6th Feb 2008, 04:04 PM
That background has a certain, "Kids come inside now!" crossed with, "Umm we need to leave NOW!!" feel to it lol.
Or maybe it's a, "I told you not to eat the bean burrito!!"

lol . . definately the latter

I'm always on the lookout for background images, care to share the site you got it from?

Actually I am setting something up for Bob so you may be able to get images like this here . . . not to blow you off or anything lets see what the outcome of this is going to be. vissroid the artist who did this background and a few other artists are in contact with Bob so wee see what happens . .
gp

tan.j
7th Feb 2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks tanJ,
glad you like it . . your ship was the inspiration . . . hey did you see the other render of your ship I did . . ?
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20969&postcount=20
gp
greg . . . .
Of course I checked the thread on SciFi-Meshes.com, but site was down before I replied at that time :(....then down, database errors, down........and I found this thread yesterday.
When I checked the other one "Standard Orbit", it was the first render yet and it seemed to become better and better by reflecting members suggestions...and now, I plan to replace wallpaper of my PCWS in my business office with the latest one that is filled with brilliant orange light.;)
Thanks again, gp.

XRaiderV1
7th Feb 2008, 04:13 AM
I already set it as my wallpaper, lol.

hipcheck
7th Feb 2008, 11:39 AM
wallpaper'd

gpdesigner
7th Feb 2008, 12:07 PM
thank you all for the wallpapers, I never had that happen before, can't take the credit though . . . . all i did was gather other artists work together and render it . . . all I can say is glad you like the images
gp

lonewriter
7th Feb 2008, 02:14 PM
It takes work and talent to take others work and combine them into something this beautiful. If I wasn't using my niece and nephews picture as a wallpaper, I would use this. I did download it though. I hope mine comes out half as good.

largo
14th Feb 2008, 07:00 PM
This is Very cool, any chance of seeing jsut the background without the ships? Really cool effects going on there

GMD3D
15th Feb 2008, 03:00 AM
Sweet .. great effect

Holos
15th Feb 2008, 04:31 AM
Great work without dubt