PDA

View Full Version : Tranquillity

Amras
10th Feb 2008, 07:44 AM
Hello!

I'm Marcel.
(German)
I decided to post my pics here, because some of my idols are in this forum and i want to hear what they will say about my works. :)

My interests are Cinema4d, reading, gardening, and B5.

My first pic shows the Neroon. I made it for our B5/X3mod, so it has not so much polys as it should have.^^

By the way... is it ok, if i start a thread where i show all of my pics, or should i open a new one for every pic?

BillS
10th Feb 2008, 08:02 AM
For a game model it renders really well. Your in good company, there are a lot of B5 fans around.

Welcome to the forums and about your other pictures. I'd just put them all in one thread so they are easier to find.

Amras
10th Feb 2008, 08:24 AM
Thank you!

Ok, then i will put all of my old renders in one Thread. :)
I will post them this evening and do the same with my wips.

JackN
10th Feb 2008, 08:37 AM
I like that shot a lot. It also reminds me of one that Craig Clark did a few years ago. ;)

Nice work!

By the way Amras, you can also use your member gallery to put all your work in and then put a link to it in your posts.

Nays
10th Feb 2008, 08:41 AM
Thats actually very nice! Those models look like they have some cool engines on the back them. and ships are even more fish looking than regular Sharlins and thats great!

nice to see new B5 stuff and welcome to F3D

Amras
10th Feb 2008, 09:07 AM
I like that shot a lot. It also reminds me of one that Craig Clark did a few years ago. ;)

I thought the same, as i saw the pic you are thinking about on DA yesterday. :D
But it is just a coincidence. :)

Meurig
10th Feb 2008, 09:09 AM
Very cool! It's not very often I see custom B5 designs that I actually like, but I do like this one :)

Would you mind posting some renders to show off the model? Just so we can get a better idea of its overall shape.

JackN
10th Feb 2008, 09:18 AM
I thought the same, as i saw the pic you are thinking about on DA yesterday. :D
But it is just a coincidence. :)

Well I wasn't implying anything, because Craigs is a different angle and all. Was just commenting on the same "Feel" of it... ;)

Amras
10th Feb 2008, 09:21 AM
No Problem!! :)
As i said, i thought the same.^^

Amras
11th Feb 2008, 04:48 AM
Very cool! It's not very often I see custom B5 designs that I actually like, but I do like this one :)

Would you mind posting some renders to show off the model? Just so we can get a better idea of its overall shape.

Sorry, i oversight you post yesterday.
I appreciate it that you like the design!! I added another pic of the Neroon in my Gallery, but it isn't activate yet.

Amras
11th Feb 2008, 03:53 PM
Maybe i'm blind, but i can't find the edit button...:confused:

I just want to add a link to my gallery, so you can see another pic of the neroon.
http://www.foundation3d.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=540

today
11th Feb 2008, 05:08 PM
Maybe i'm blind, but i can't find the edit button...:confused:

I just want to add a link to my gallery, so you can see another pic of the neroon.
http://www.foundation3d.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=540
You can only edit your posts for a certain number of hours after you post, I'm sure one of our mods would be happy to edit in the link to your gallery into your first post:)

You've got some great stuff in your gallery:tu:

tommywright
11th Feb 2008, 06:28 PM
Very cool. You're a good lighter.

Nays
11th Feb 2008, 06:55 PM
Took a look at your gallery. You do some great work!

reg
11th Feb 2008, 09:29 PM
I always thought that the mimbari ships were the worst thing about the show. But these look pretty good.

reg

Amras
12th Feb 2008, 03:02 AM
You can only edit your posts for a certain number of hours after you post, I'm sure one of our mods would be happy to edit in the link to your gallery into your first post:)

You've got some great stuff in your gallery:tu:

Would be nice if some of them would do that. :)

Thank you all very much for your comments!
I'm glad you like my renders and models!

CAClark
12th Feb 2008, 04:10 AM
Agreed, I like the render a lot, reminds me how much I used to enjoy rendering the old B5 stuff. Now that I am watching B5 from the beginning again, I may get inspired again (or not!).

Cheers!

Amras
12th Feb 2008, 04:31 AM
I'm curious on new designs. :)

Crook
12th Feb 2008, 07:38 AM
I like the design, but it looks a little too much like a Sharlin stretched in the Z axis. I know it's not and can recognise parts that aren't Sharlin, but that's the impression I get. Maybe a few more shots of the ship will show it off better.

Not that it's a poor ship. I like the look of it and the image posted above is great. Minbari designs were always one of the highlights of B5 for me. Graceful and powerful. For Xmas I got the complete B5 on DVD, series 1-5, movies, Crusade and Lost Tales. You can't argue for 80. I've yet to break into it and start watching though.

Meurig
12th Feb 2008, 08:23 AM
Wow, where'd you get that deal Andy? I'd expect it to cost 5 times that!

CAClark
12th Feb 2008, 08:43 AM
I've seen it on ebay regularly for a shade over a ton, and not much more on Amazon I think.

Cheers!

deg3D
12th Feb 2008, 09:11 AM
Beautiful! Just a great shot all-around IMO. Well done. :)

deg

Amras
12th Feb 2008, 09:19 AM
I like the design, but it looks a little too much like a Sharlin stretched in the Z axis. I know it's not and can recognise parts that aren't Sharlin, but that's the impression I get. Maybe a few more shots of the ship will show it off better.

Well, if you look back on the Tinashi we can see, that the minbari didn't alter the ground shape of their warcruisers very much since 1000years.
So i don't want to make something absolutely different for a ship that is circa 10years older than the Sharlin. ;)
And if we take a look on the new Valenclasscruiser from TLT, the new design seems to go back to this old stretched form.
Therefore the Neroon has this shape. :)

But you were not the first one who said that. ^^
You can find another render of the ship in my gallery.

Crook
12th Feb 2008, 09:56 AM
Wow, where'd you get that deal Andy? I'd expect it to cost 5 times that!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-Complete-Collection-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B000WDSRG4

76.99, and with free delivery.

Enjoy!

SteveMoody
12th Feb 2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Babylon-Complete-Collection-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B000WDSRG4

76.99, and with free delivery.

Enjoy!

Nice, i can see me getting that one

JackN
12th Feb 2008, 07:37 PM
Agreed, I like the render a lot, reminds me how much I used to enjoy rendering the old B5 stuff. Now that I am watching B5 from the beginning again, I may get inspired again (or not!).

Cheers!

But...

I thought you hated SciFi?

:p