PDA

View Full Version : Not an exact Negative

FlangEG
20th Feb 2008, 07:09 AM
I created an interesting effect in photoshop of inverting the color but not the intensity, is there a way to recreate this effect in LW?

Meurig
20th Feb 2008, 07:33 AM
Typically this kind of colour correction/alteration would be done in post. PS if you're doing a still or a compositing app if you're doing it for a sequence.

There is a negative filter in LW but I don't know if it's capable of what you're after.... because it's much easier to do it in post.

FlangEG
20th Feb 2008, 08:26 AM
i want to do it for a sequence.

Mr. Wilde
20th Feb 2008, 02:31 PM
You can get almost the same effect by changing the color hue, and you can do that in LightWave, too. Render your image sequence, and then import it again in LightWave. Open the Image Editor ('F6' I think), go to the Editing tab and change Hue to 0.5. This kinda reverts the colors, yet keeps the brightness.

You could then apply the image sequence to the background and render it again.

FlangEG
20th Feb 2008, 03:12 PM
I just find another way to to do it, from directly withing the node editor, i didn't need to change the image itself at all-

I saw my way a closer match.

Zippy
26th Feb 2008, 06:12 PM
So essentially you're using an envelope to control the fade between the colors and re-render the scene. Am I right in my assumtion?

FlangEG
26th Feb 2008, 10:53 PM
No, they're nodes that i'm using.

The BG color of the first node is black with opocity at 100% positive.
The BG color of the second node it the luma output of the first node, and the opocity is 100% negative.