PDA

View Full Version : deg3D_Never was found a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

deg3D
18th Mar 2008, 09:31 PM
Background plate: Star Wars. T-16 Skyhopper: deg3D.

Forward shot of the T-16...

It's only a model. - Patsy, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Oscaron
19th Mar 2008, 04:51 AM
*wonders if someone in town found anything missing and is now gearing up to chase after the hopper* :)

The Animaniac
19th Mar 2008, 09:41 AM
Nice Work! I like the Untextured Shot of it at your Website, very nice datails!

gpdesigner
19th Mar 2008, 10:18 AM
very nice image deg . . .
I like Ryan Church's concept stuff too, i thought about doing a few pieces myself but never have the time . . . cool render dude . . .
gp

Bells of Freedom
19th Mar 2008, 05:54 PM
Love the motion blur. A great shot!

Gordon Robb
20th Mar 2008, 03:07 PM
Nice one mate.

DELTA
20th Mar 2008, 04:09 PM
Nice one Deg. 1 crit I would have would be the lask of distirtion behind it.... Sothing hulling azz enough for that motionblur would have some atmospheric wake, even in a thin hot atmosphere like that... IMHO... That's the only one I have... everything else is rock on!

deg3D
21st Mar 2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys. :)

Nice one Deg. 1 crit I would have would be the lask of distirtion behind it.... Sothing hulling azz enough for that motionblur would have some atmospheric wake, even in a thin hot atmosphere like that... IMHO... That's the only one I have... everything else is rock on!

D'oh! I knew I was forgettin' something at the time. This was finished late at night after a long day, and I had that fuzzy feeling that I was forgetting somethin'. I will add it when I get the time and re-post.

Thanks DELTA! ;)

deg

bmckain
21st Mar 2008, 10:46 AM
Uhm, how did I miss this? :o

Nicely done.

deg3D
26th Mar 2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks much Bob. :)

deg

Bishop
27th Mar 2008, 06:33 PM
heh ... that looks almost like the view down into Palm Springs from up CA-74 ...

deg3D
2nd Apr 2008, 05:27 PM
heh ... that looks almost like the view down into Palm Springs from up CA-74 ...

Star Wars Mos Esley plate my friend.

For those interested; detail, AO, and six-view ortho renders are now up on my website (http://deg3D.biz).

They can be viewed using the "on the bench..." link on my splash page, as well as in the regular 3D artwork gallery section on my website (http://deg3D.biz).

deg

Kataar
2nd Apr 2008, 07:06 PM
I love both this and the beggar's canyon, but the T-16 looks like it's based on a design very different from the T-16 model Luke plays with in Star Wars, when C-3P0 is getting an oil bath.

~Jon

deg3D
9th Apr 2008, 07:15 PM
Thanks Jon. :)

This is the prequel version, as designed by Ryan Church for AOTC. If you go to my website and click on the "on the bench... (http://deg3d.biz)" link on the splash page you can see the original concept art, and a coupla screen-caps of it in the background in AOTC.

I like this version better than the ANH version. I am currently finishing up the original garage shot, rendering as I type.

deg

Bishop
9th Apr 2008, 07:51 PM
You know, it's really funny ... my sophomore year of high school, the senior class picture has that caption in the yearbook: "You will not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. - Obi-Wan Kenobi." And the caption was not something that the class picked, either - it was voted on by the faculty.

It took me about three days to stop laughing. Of course, my senior year, the teachers picked from Zeppelin: "Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the road you're on."

snackynak
29th Jul 2008, 09:58 PM
sweet pic

mlynch
31st Jul 2008, 07:16 AM
Nice work, deg! My only crit would be to see it larger. ;)

It's dynamic and I really like the sense of scale and depth to the scene. :tu:

Stiffmeist79
8th Aug 2008, 07:49 AM
nice work !!!

Jenneh
3rd Dec 2008, 06:17 PM
Off to bullseye womprats? :)
Nicely done.

deg3D
4th Dec 2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks very much guys. :)

Off to bullseye womprats? :)

Jenneh, you mean like this (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1880)...? ;)

deg

apocalypse here
5th Dec 2008, 12:59 PM
i really must agree, also there would be some sort of heat, or exhaust trail coming off the back, and while the motion blur is nice, it seems to only exemplify that it is a model on a photo background. it would be nice to see the model in sharp focus and high detail and motion blur on the ground. indicating you and the ship are moving at the same speed and then really showing off your model

deg3D
5th Dec 2008, 01:08 PM
Hmmmm, that's a good idea dude. I was never really *crazy* about the way this shot turned out (from what I had envisioned in my head), and I always like those shots with the ground being blurred, but I never put the two together in regard to this. I will trying some new stuff out when I get the time, thanks very much. :)

deg