PDA

View Full Version : 64bit DarkTree Simbiont

FlangEG
5th Jun 2008, 11:04 PM
Is there any version of the Darktree SimbiontLW that will work with Lightwave 64?

FlangEG
6th Jun 2008, 02:54 PM
Is there any version of the Darktree SimbiontLW that will work with Lightwave 64?

I forgot to ask, is there anyway to reproduce these kinds of shades using the LW nodes?

BillS
6th Jun 2008, 06:34 PM
There "likely" is for some of them. But DT comes with loads of custom made procedurals that would be hard if not impossible to reproduce. IFW nodal is another one to take a close look at. They just put it on sale to.

FlangEG
6th Jun 2008, 08:19 PM
I may have considered it if i didn't already have the full version of DarkTree

BillS
7th Jun 2008, 07:35 AM
Why not just install LW 32bit on your 64 bit system. You get access to all the ram through the OS and you can still use all your 32 bit plugins. If my understanding of what I read is right.

3D_CG
26th Jun 2008, 06:05 PM
Soon everybody will be porting things to 64 bit,
very near future 32 bit will be, soon, a thing of the past....
Both my main machines are 64 bit..
most all puters sold are now 64bit, tower machines
Laptops are moving to 64 bit, 1 to 2 years all laptops will all be 64 bit....

so they will have to port to 64 bit if they want to sell anything ... YA THINK ...

Ya I have SimbiontLW also and would love to be able to use it in 64bit

I have been slowly moving to the nodes, I take the Simbiont texture settings and using IFW2
nodes try to duplicate it..so far get real close, just trial and error getting the textures to look the same..

Time consuming but i am learning the nodes better ...

Michael

FlangEG
15th Apr 2009, 05:25 PM
I have just gotten IFW2 Nodals. I just read about recreating the textures from Darktree. I want to create a rusted texture like Rusted Steel from Darktree. 3D_CG, please, is there any way you could help me on this?

3D_CG
13th Jun 2009, 08:39 AM
I have just gotten IFW2 Nodals. I just read about recreating the textures from Darktree. I want to create a rusted texture like Rusted Steel from Darktree. 3D_CG, please, is there any way you could help me on this?

Opps forgot about this thread, to many threads at the same time.. hehe :)

did you figure it out yet.??

still need help ??

You can ask ShaderRJJ for help also
he wrote the plugin and always has a solution for a problem
he has allways helped me when i needed help..