PDA

View Full Version : Eye to eye

today
30th Nov 2007, 01:55 PM
A quick, hopefully comical render....

bmckain
30th Nov 2007, 02:12 PM
How come I never saw this? ;)

Would like to remind you to post a little about the package(s) you used and how you did it. ;) That way we can actually say besides, hey, I like it or that sort of thing. :)

today
30th Nov 2007, 02:20 PM
Ok, a little history..... the cylon was converted/reconverted into LW by a half a dozen people, all of whose names are crunched into the bottom of the credits, finally when I got my hands on it I retextured it to look roughly gray and metallic, then I upped the reflection... the original had skin that looked kind of like clay

The terminator was originally a 3ds model, I imported it into lightwave, completely retextured it, and moved a few pivot points around so I could tilt the head up and down.. I left the teeth and the gun textured exactly the same as they were on the original 3ds model, and the terminator skin is mostly done with a chrome colored reflection map

Finally I rendered the entire thing out twice using two seperate reflection maps, then blended them together in paintshop, and as my last step I cropped the image down to its current size using MS paint, because at that point I was feeling lazy and din't feel like openning up paintshop

bmckain
30th Nov 2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, a little history..... the cylon was converted/reconverted into LW by a half a dozen people, all of whose names are crunched into the bottom of the credits, finally when I got my hands on it I retextured it to look roughly gray and metallic, then I upped the reflection... the original had skin that looked kind of like clay

The terminator was originally a 3ds model, I imported it into lightwave, completely retextured it, and moved a few pivot points around so I could tilt the head up and down.. I left the teeth and the gun textured exactly the same as they were on the original 3ds model, and the terminator skin is mostly done with a chrome colored reflection map

Finally I rendered the entire thing out twice using two seperate reflection maps, then blended them together in paintshop, and as my last step I cropped the image down to its current size using MS paint, because at that point I was feeling lazy and din't feel like openning up paintshop

And btw, you can edit your posts for three hours after the post. ;)

gpdesigner
30th Nov 2007, 02:43 PM
Awesome image today . . to see those two face off would be great. nice render.
Yep, next time you post just jot down the Apps you used to make the image that way folk can see what they have in common with ya and it shows 'em what can be achieved . . .
gp

Matt
30th Nov 2007, 09:10 PM
An interesting concept to say the least... personally though, my money would be on the Terminator if I was a betting man ;)

DorchaMéaróg
4th Dec 2007, 04:53 PM
An interesting concept to say the least... personally though, my money would be on the Terminator if I was a betting man ;)

Really? I'd be putting down on the Cylons.... not because they're better killers, but there's a heck of a lot more of 'em. Victory thru attrition....:D

Josh2481
4th Dec 2007, 04:59 PM
I could see the T800 winning this actually. Looks great but my only crit is the arms and hands. Not sure why but they don't look right to me.

TheGreatRaja
4th Dec 2007, 07:16 PM
I know they're droids and stuff, but they look a little... stiff
just screams for a good Reflection map for all that chrome

Kataar
4th Dec 2007, 09:58 PM
Heheh, I love the concept of this image :)

~Jon

Ewokki-
4th Dec 2007, 10:12 PM
That reminds me of that one CGI video where nazi robot creates havok in the docks...

http://www.e-motionaldesign.com/blog/nazi-robot-attack/ now that was a cool video ;)

Matt
5th Dec 2007, 08:16 PM
Really? I'd be putting down on the Cylons.... not because they're better killers, but there's a heck of a lot more of 'em. Victory thru attrition....:D

Not in the image though ;)

rduda
13th Dec 2007, 07:30 AM
Terminator would win

hayling99
4th Jan 2008, 08:57 AM
Sorry guys,but you all seem to go with the fight thing,
What if the cylon was asking the t800 out for a date......... You never know.

bsg
4th Jan 2008, 06:38 PM
The Terminator _does_ seem to be grimacing a bit - maybe the Cylon has just found out he has a dose of something not nice ;-D

Tarus
4th Feb 2008, 09:11 AM
GO Terminator kill him

Kibbles
6th Feb 2008, 01:14 PM
That's a fight I'd like to see

Englishkid
6th Feb 2008, 02:01 PM
Lol! great image.