PDA

View Full Version : A Home Depot type lumber cart

David Myers
1st Dec 2007, 03:32 AM
This was my entry for the February 2006 texture contest which ended up not being posted because only two entries were received.

Mikala
1st Dec 2007, 10:30 AM
Man that's exactly what they look like after a couple of weeks of use by a metal scrap scavenger here in Vancouver. They steal the carts to steal metals here...crazy I know.

bmckain
1st Dec 2007, 11:26 AM
I agree, it looks just like the ones here in Boise.

Mind telling us what you used to model it and textures, etc. Any special techniques you uesed.

Gordon Robb
1st Dec 2007, 01:02 PM
Like it. Great texturing too.

Rigel
1st Dec 2007, 01:51 PM
I've seen those around the Home Depots here in Ontario. Nicely done.

The Sleeping Dog
1st Dec 2007, 02:11 PM
Spot on texturing!:jawdrop:

Matt
1st Dec 2007, 06:44 PM
Absolutely... nice work! :)

I do hope that Bill finds the time to carry on with the Texturing Competition...

gpdesigner
1st Dec 2007, 06:52 PM
Those look so like the ones they have at HD . . . . wobbly wheels and all, nice texturing job. What software did you use to put that together . .?
gp

CAClark
1st Dec 2007, 07:00 PM
Nice over all, but needs MUCH higher res textures in an ideal world.

Cheers!

Oscaron
1st Dec 2007, 07:02 PM
Nice over all, but needs MUCH higher res textures in an ideal world.

Cheers!

Might work here Mr. Clark.

Due to State budgetary issues, Real Life is using 256x256 max textures in Michigan.

Pain in the @ss to read road signs at distance :(

David Myers
2nd Dec 2007, 04:26 AM
Like Mikala, I also live in Vancouver and I went down to my local Home Depot and took digital pictures of their carts for reference. I know about the metal thieves but I didn't know they stole the carts to carry stolen metals. What next?
I did not do the modeling on this. It was provided as a free model for use in the LWG texture contest. Unfortunately, I don't remember who modeled it. But Eth might know though?;) It was all done in LW with no post adjustments. Thanks everyone for all the comments.:D

Matt
2nd Dec 2007, 05:33 AM
If memory serves, I think the mesh was provided by Kevin Kenobi ;)

Mikala
2nd Dec 2007, 10:04 AM
You hit it on the head MattMan

pnevai
2nd Dec 2007, 03:14 PM
Kudos, But I worry about you, something is amiss when you pay so much attention to shopping carts at Home Depot to remember all the details.

Mikala
2nd Dec 2007, 03:18 PM
Like Mikala, I also live in Vancouver and I went down to my local Home Depot and took digital pictures of their carts for reference. I know about the metal thieves but I didn't know they stole the carts to carry stolen metals. What next?
I did not do the modeling on this. It was provided as a free model for use in the LWG texture contest. Unfortunately, I don't remember who modeled it. But Eth might know though?;) It was all done in LW with no post adjustments. Thanks everyone for all the comments.:D
The best guy I saw to date was riding a bike carrying a 12 foot aluminum pipe on his shoulder. Brave beggar as the way they go through intersections...I saw an accident in his near future.
I work at a place close to Main street station so I've seen it all.

David Myers
2nd Dec 2007, 08:42 PM
Pnevai, thanks for your concern, but I have nothing better to do with my time as I am on long term disability and I don't have any prospects for using my LW or other talents, so I have to make up projects to get myself motivated to improve my skills. Wish I had some local opportunities to do projects (for very little pay), but I'm not very good at promoting myself, so I fear, I'm doomed to always be a "hobbiest" - no disparagement to other hobbiests intended.;)

Mikala
2nd Dec 2007, 08:52 PM
Well you could be doing much worse things with your time!
From what I'm seeing you are having it sink in too.

gpdesigner
2nd Dec 2007, 08:56 PM
Hobbiests rock . . . . :tu: yeah we rock . . . we rock . . . . I'm a hobbiest too . . .
I love it, I get to do 3d for fun . . . . :D Would you believe there are people out there who collect stamps . . . . :wtf:
gp

Mikala
2nd Dec 2007, 09:02 PM
Crazy man...crazy!

david.figueroa
8th Feb 2008, 01:04 PM
Nice, the weels is what neet a liter of work.....:)