PDA

View Full Version : The Family Lotus

CAClark
1st Dec 2007, 06:26 PM
Hey

Reposts of a sort, kinda, though not these renders, anyway, I give you, Elise S2, and Exige S.

The models are built in LW. The Elise first, and then the Exige as a simple evolution if the Elise, though slowly you come to realise more differences than you think!

Anywho, from there, the path goes one of two mays, either in to Layout, or in to Hypershot (quite a drawn out process, but basically involves exporting as OBJ format). That's the lowdown basically :)

Cheers!

gpdesigner
1st Dec 2007, 07:10 PM
My GOD man . . . . . :wtf: :wtf:
How much software do you have . . holy jeez . . . I expect only the best from you . . nothing less that 100 %
Those cars are a good start, . . . . that's sweetness,
hey, the landscapes are real or are they cgi. . . looks like the gravel pit is cgi and the vista shot is real . . . cool man keep up the goodness.

next time you post add in what software you use in the pipeline to produce your work, I think people would really like to know what you use.
gp

bmckain
1st Dec 2007, 07:10 PM
Craig, the first two shots are just too sweet. If you don't mind we're trying to get in the habbit of telling the apps we used and little about how we did it. You can edit your posts for up to 3 hours now so you don't need an admin to do it. ;)

bmckain
1st Dec 2007, 07:11 PM
My GOD man . . . . . :wtf: :wtf:
How much software do you have . . holy jeez . . . I expect only the best from you . . nothing less that 100 %
Those cars are a good start, . . . . that's sweetness,
hey, the landscapes are real or are they cgi. . . looks like the gravel pit is cgi and the vista shot is real . . . cool man keep up the goodness.

next time you post add in what software you use in the pipeline to produce your work, I think people would really like to know what you use.
gp

LOL, ok, we have mods that know what to do. sorry, I'm going back to taking care of resources now. :)

Jason T
2nd Dec 2007, 04:15 AM
I love the Exige a lot. Did you consider doing the satin black version as well Craig?

CAClark
2nd Dec 2007, 07:26 AM
I love the Exige a lot. Did you consider doing the satin black version as well Craig?

Not of the Exige yet, but I was testing out Lightbitch with FPrime at work on Friday, and did a black Elise S2

Cheers!

Ps. Don't mind the segmentation, but I am curretly enduring a 2.8ghz P4 with 2gb of ram at work, so serious sliming down of geometry was required to be able to render it :rolleyes:

CAClark
2nd Dec 2007, 07:45 AM
Craig, the first two shots are just too sweet. If you don't mind we're trying to get in the habbit of telling the apps we used and little about how we did it. You can edit your posts for up to 3 hours now so you don't need an admin to do it. ;)

Sorry Bob, missed this.

The models are built in LW. The Elise first, and then the Exige as a simple evolution if the Elise, though slowly you come to realise more differences than you think!

Anywho, from there, the path goes one of two mays, either in to Layout, or in to Hypershot (quite a drawn out process, but basically involves exporting as OBJ format). That's the lowdown basically :)

Cheers!

November Zulu
2nd Dec 2007, 09:59 AM
I'm a bigger fan of the exige... it looks like it's moving when it's not...
Very cool renders. My only crit is to the driver for driving cars like this onto gravel lots! Come on man, the dust will scratch the paint! ;)

Mikala
2nd Dec 2007, 10:17 AM
I saw the family Lotus and thought you'd made a spoof and modeled it a 4 door.

bmckain
2nd Dec 2007, 10:36 AM
Sorry Bob, missed this.

Cheers!

Thanks Craig, I've added it to your first post. ;)

gpdesigner
2nd Dec 2007, 12:22 PM
the black elise S2 is a good render but it is really dark, can't see all that awesome detail . .
gp

Andy M
2nd Dec 2007, 01:33 PM
Excellent work

Irrational
2nd Dec 2007, 01:59 PM
Awesome :)

Although, from the title, I was expecting something more like an old Esprit stretched out to station wagon length ;)

Matt
2nd Dec 2007, 10:44 PM
Have always loved your work Craig, especially in the vehicles section with your paint jobs :)

hipcheck
3rd Dec 2007, 07:31 AM
Craig - your work is always an inspriation. Excellent!

November Zulu
3rd Dec 2007, 09:51 AM
I saw the family Lotus and thought you'd made a spoof and modeled it a 4 door.

Awesome :)

Although, from the title, I was expecting something more like an old Esprit stretched out to station wagon length ;)

Was I the only one who thought that he meant his own family's Lotus?

ricktu
3rd Dec 2007, 02:36 PM
Was I the only one who thought that he meant his own family's Lotus?

Nope

jorjo
3rd Dec 2007, 03:40 PM
Nice scenes Craig, In the first two the mesh's look oversaturated for the BG plates, a little smidge of grey/white fog added to the scene might dial those in to match their plates.

Nice concept :tu:

November Zulu
3rd Dec 2007, 10:27 PM
no one has commented on this yet, but the third image in the first post is so so damn sexy...

Acee
7th Dec 2007, 04:51 PM
Nice job on the Lotuses, although I wouldn't call a Lotus a family car.

Acee
7th Dec 2007, 04:55 PM
the black elise S2 is a good render but it is really dark, can't see all that awesome detail . .
gp

I have to agree. The black really does detract from showing the detail in the model in this situation.

CAClark
7th Dec 2007, 05:39 PM
Nice job on the Lotuses, although I wouldn't call a Lotus a family car.

The Famiily reference is to do with the fact the renders are of the Lotus Exige S, and it's sibbling, the Elise S2, rather than implying the cars are family cars.

Cheers!

TheGreatRaja
7th Dec 2007, 08:10 PM
killer work regardless

Zippy
8th Dec 2007, 12:11 AM
Mmmmm... that black render just became my new desktop! Awsome job!!!

CAClark
10th Dec 2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys :)

Cheers!