PDA

View Full Version : "...On Finals."

Jason T
13th Aug 2006, 01:51 PM
Testing the uploader thingy & making sure it works in IE 64.

Kevin
13th Aug 2006, 02:00 PM
Sweet image Jason....as always! :D

Woody
13th Aug 2006, 02:02 PM
Hey, I gotta tell you - I love the engine wash. How in the world did you do that? :)

TimMehmet
13th Aug 2006, 03:17 PM
yea thats looking damn sweet :) your images always have a distinct look about them

Jason T
13th Aug 2006, 03:34 PM
Cheers gents.:)
Charles - The jet wash is made up of transparent HV's with a bit of refraction.

Matt
14th Aug 2006, 02:55 AM
Yup, I've seen this on LWG and have to comment on it there, but I do like this one Jason... Mdogger's right, it does have that Jason T look about it ;) but the lighting for it is just great -- the only thing I really have to say is the engines look a bit small for a 747... Could be wrong though ;)

Jason T
14th Aug 2006, 06:04 AM
You have got me all paranoid now, so I'll ask the question: Just what makes this a 'Jason T' image?

Matt
14th Aug 2006, 06:53 AM
lol... Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I have had the same said for my work in the past... I guess it just has... a quality... ;) Seriously, for me it's the lighting and the composition, the general layout... With you and Andy (Reaperman) working on a lot of images together, I guess that Icould say the same for his work too -- but you could look at it on the bright side; at least with that Jason T look to your images, no-one would be stupid enough to try to rip you off without crediting you ;)

Kevin
14th Aug 2006, 07:03 AM
Now i know what it is about this image that seemed familiar.....any one see Die Hard 2.....at the end when the 747 takes off and Bruce Willis throws down his lighter and the trail of fire streaks up to it?

Anyway, flip this horozontily and the angle is about the same....ok Ill shut up now. :)

Jason T
14th Aug 2006, 07:11 AM
Reaps and I haven't worked on am image together for almost a year now; he feels CG is 'beneath' him...

Matt
14th Aug 2006, 07:23 AM
Now i know what it is about this image that seemed familiar.....any one see Die Hard 2.....at the end when the 747 takes off and Bruce Willis throws down his lighter and the trail of fire streaks up to it?

Anyway, flip this horozontily and the angle is about the same....ok Ill shut up now. :)

Whoa, haven't seen that for a while... it's kinda weird how these things turn out sometimes ;)

Matt
14th Aug 2006, 07:24 AM
Reaps and I haven't worked on am image together for almost a year now; he feels CG is 'beneath' him...

It's a shame that... he was pretty good at it...

Jason T
14th Aug 2006, 07:28 AM
Well, it is his loss...

Kevin
14th Aug 2006, 08:50 AM

Really!?!

Id have to agree with you it is his loss because he was good at it.....exactly what is it he's doing now? I thought that he went to school and graduated for it?

At any rate, we still have you and thats a major plus in its self! :)

Jason T
14th Aug 2006, 09:08 AM
He has decided to become a film director; he did the same BA course I completed two years ago and has decided that film is his thing.

Kevin
14th Aug 2006, 09:14 AM
Interesting.....so why not use CG to help get into makeing films.....its a better paying job than busing tables or something while you wait to make it big.

Well....to each there own I suppose.

Andy M
19th Nov 2007, 10:29 AM
Cool, I like the heat haze.

deg3D
19th Nov 2007, 11:18 AM
Again. very nice dude. :)

deg

gpdesigner
19th Nov 2007, 12:22 PM
Nice image . . . I dig the heat exhaust as well
,gp

Lewis
19th Nov 2007, 01:11 PM
Nice , very nice render :).

Rigel
19th Nov 2007, 06:44 PM
I remember this from the LWG forums. Still an awesome picture.

Mikala
19th Nov 2007, 07:01 PM
Yup she be sexy!

Sodonn
20th Nov 2007, 07:19 AM
Wow Jason! Just ....... WOW! Beautiful image!:jawdrop:

Meurig
20th Nov 2007, 07:26 AM
Yep, very well done!

Gordon Robb
20th Nov 2007, 12:16 PM
Remember this, and it's goot to see it on the new site. Funny how I can see this thumbnail, but not others.

freez
20th Nov 2007, 12:38 PM
just an awesome image, i must get one of those magic render buttons

wave of light
20th Nov 2007, 04:09 PM
A truely amazing picture Jason.

Gordon Robb
20th Nov 2007, 04:55 PM
Nice avatare mate.

wave of light
21st Nov 2007, 01:23 AM
Nice avatare mate.
Cheers Gordon,

It's Viper MkI from the Kurv Video training sessions. I was gonna do a WIP and then release it to the resources section (but I'm sure there's many better ones out there) but I haven't done the UVs yet.. that's the next DVD.

It's just a ambient occlusion pass with the orange colour for the guns to make it fit nicely in with the site.

Waves.

Mikala
21st Nov 2007, 03:59 AM
Hmmm I'm not seeing avatars...

SteveMoody
21st Nov 2007, 04:23 AM
You need to go into your User CP -> Edit Options and in the Thread Display Options enable Show Avatars

jorjo
21st Nov 2007, 05:25 AM
*punching up thread rating to check hot thread screen*

http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=4

TheGreatRaja
21st Nov 2007, 06:21 AM
Ya can almost smell the jet fuel :D
awesome work

Cybit
21st Nov 2007, 09:58 PM
Saw it on the LWG site and I agree, beautiful image and truly inspiring for me.

Kataar
21st Nov 2007, 10:09 PM
I absolutely love this image, and I have to agree with the compliments about the jet wash. That technique seems obvious now that you've said it, but I never would have thought of it otherwise, lol. Genius!

~Jon

Matt
21st Nov 2007, 11:49 PM
I may as well add in with the praise here... Saw it, saw it again, loved it both times :D

Cougar12dk
30th Nov 2007, 04:54 PM
Jason: Is there any chance I could snag that paint job? I have that Jumbo and the United Airlines paint scheme on the original is kinda boring.

today
30th Nov 2007, 04:59 PM
You need to go into your User CP -> Edit Options and in the Thread Display Options enable Show Avatars

Ah, knew I was missing something:p

Superb render, from the thumbnail you can't even tell it's not a photo

David Myers
1st Dec 2007, 12:32 AM
Mikala, look in user settings - there's a check box for seeing (or not) avatars and signitures. Thanks Jason T. for sharing how you did the engine wash. I hadn't even contemplated the idea of an invisible (except for refraction) hypervoxels. Though that is probably similar to how they do it in "Predators"

Bells of Freedom
1st Dec 2007, 12:34 AM
Wow! Gorgeous. I, too, have to say the engine wash is awesome. Transparent HV's . . . I'll have to try that.

CAClark
1st Dec 2007, 06:14 PM
You know, if it weren't for that art-deco building, this render would be shite beyond all doubt. Or not :)

Nice render JT, I'm sure I said this when it was posted before.

Cheers!

P.s. Would you mind sending me a copy of that building, I "lost" my original some time ago :/

Jason T
2nd Dec 2007, 03:13 AM
As soon as I fix my PC I will whiz it over. Right now I am reliant on my Wii for Internet access.:p

Matt
2nd Dec 2007, 04:30 AM
Now there's a novel way to access the internet ;)

The Sleeping Dog
3rd Dec 2007, 08:45 PM
The image is look great..though I have one observation the aircraft looks create everything seem to be proportional except for the back gorund..the plane is way to small for a forgraound object compared to the buildings...just resize down the backdrop image about 70% ish and she'll look more to scale..right now the aricraft looks like a toy in relation to the background

Reaperman
4th Dec 2007, 04:21 AM
Hey Jas, didnt ya have a reversae angle of this shot? i seem to remember (and i may be wrong, it wouldnt be the first time) a shot looking behind the plane as it came in to land?
ohand do you still have those shots we did of the F-14 and F4 landing on the carrier? (think they were called Call the Ball)

and just to go on record I do not think CG is 'beneath me' :( i just prefer working in live action with cameras, i still do the odd bit of CG and i still work with Jason on all my best images :p;):tu:

g4dual
16th Dec 2007, 03:45 AM
WOW! Great render! :wtf:

Can you post wire? :D

Nirvana
16th Dec 2007, 03:58 AM
very very impressive good:eek:

panaristi
22nd Dec 2007, 08:51 AM
Amazing image - extravaganza!