PDA

View Full Version : Cylons, ID4 and SG1... Oh My!

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 03:41 PM
Wow. Here's one of my earliest Invasion attempts.

All Lightwave. I'm sure Mr. Giddings will recall I had one of his ships BACKWARDS in the original render :crazy:

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 03:47 PM
Nice and weird.
I've wanted to build one of those ID4 ships for years!

Thor
5th Dec 2007, 03:57 PM
Man, I'd forgotten I'd made one of those ID4 ships! ;) :D

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 03:58 PM
Well you have been doing this for...years!

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 03:59 PM
...pst! He used to be a tS user! *shudder*

Hi Thor! LTNS!

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 04:01 PM
I know. I used to have all of his old (released) stuff but lost it in my "I don't have a Writer to do backups" days. He used Inspire as well no?

TheGreatRaja
5th Dec 2007, 04:03 PM
other than the ships being extremely flat not a bad scene

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:06 PM
I know. I used to have all of his old (released) stuff but lost it in my "I don't have a Writer to do backups" days. He used Inspire as well no?Yeah. We started him off on the easy program first :D

Actually, he couldn't afford the full LW, IIRC. But he was doing stuff in Inspire that was blowing away long time users of the full LW.

This guy, along with Fabs, are two of the most impressive LW users I have ever seen that started from scratch and got to where they are now. Just wish I could have kept pace with them.

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 04:07 PM
They do have some skills don't they? :)

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:07 PM
other than the ships being extremely flat not a bad sceneFlat as in angle, or flat as in not shiny?

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:08 PM
They do have some skills don't they? :)Bob is another one, though he came along afterwards. He's right up there now too.

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 04:10 PM
Great thanks, now I'm feeling all inadequate again. Joking.

TheGreatRaja
5th Dec 2007, 04:11 PM
Flat as in angle, or flat as in not shiny?

Flat as in pasted on and not really blending with the background plate

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:14 PM
Ah. Well, given the angle, it's not exactly visible that there is reflection from the ground onto the bottom of the ships.

I do appreciate the comments though. Keep 'em coming, because with them, I know what to look for when I start up again :)

CAClark
5th Dec 2007, 04:18 PM
I think they could certainly be keyed in to the colour of the backplate better. On a side note, the original Cylon Raiders were ACE! I remember modelling one about 10 years ago in imagine (it was obviously rubbish!)

Cheers!

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:19 PM
Craig, you still have all of your B5 stuff?

CAClark
5th Dec 2007, 04:22 PM
This guy, along with Fabs, are two of the most impressive LW users I have ever seen that started from scratch and got to where they are now. Just wish I could have kept pace with them.

Fabio was one of the original people back in the B5MG days that inpsired me to get in to CG to a much greater degree... him, Mark Kane, and Todd Pederzanni :)

Cheers!

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 04:22 PM
Todd Pederzanni now that is a name I have not seen around?

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:36 PM
I think they could certainly be keyed in to the colour of the backplate better.
If I'm understanding that right, I think I know what you mean by way of these two attachments. The first was a test, and the second was done with the lighting adjusted. Neither is the final scene though, as I never got around to finishing it.

GMD3D
5th Dec 2007, 04:44 PM
Hi Warrior .. Its been a while since I last saw this .. and yes I remember the ship flying backwards :)

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 04:50 PM
.. and yes I remember the ship flying backwards :)Ack! Someone lobotomize him! :D
I'm glad you responded to this, so that I can say the same for you and Mikala: Both of you are on that same path as Fabs, Thor and Bob. You guys are getting close to their level!
It's fun watching people like you get better and better and better.
Now if I just had the time... :(

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 04:54 PM
Wow thanks. I cannot say I'm any where near the level of any/most of the hard body artists here. It's nice to have someone say you are on your way though!

GMD3D
5th Dec 2007, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the encouragement .. I know if it was not for the members posting there designs and releasing the meshes they do release. I never have moved on from rendering :)

It would be great if you found that time :)

Thor
5th Dec 2007, 05:28 PM
...pst! He used to be a tS user! *shudder*

Hi Thor! LTNS!

Man I forgot that too!! LMAO
Ah yes the trueSpace days, it's all coming back now!! The ICONS!!! ;)

Darrell Lawrence
5th Dec 2007, 05:35 PM
...hmm Methinks I shouldn't post anymore of Thor's old models I rendered out. He's having flashbacks! *LMAO*

Mikala
5th Dec 2007, 06:38 PM
Flashbacks! The moral of the story here kids? Just say no to drugs!

GMD3D
6th Dec 2007, 02:25 AM
I started in Truespace too .. :) before switching to LW .. never looked back :)

jtjumper
12th Dec 2007, 04:45 PM
A beautiful display of artwork is this!

rduda
13th Dec 2007, 08:14 AM
LOL! Funny

Pvt Jones
16th Sep 2008, 06:41 PM
Nice origional f-302 too bad it crashed in the show

BillS
16th Sep 2008, 07:30 PM
So has everyone vote in the WoW? (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3400)