PDA

View Full Version : Sherman's Planet

Taranis
13th Dec 2007, 09:41 AM
I had to render something using prologic9's new Enterprise Model and the Federation Cargo Drone for good measure .. It been so long since I last really set up anything light wise I not doing it any real justice ..

But here it it ... The background is from NASA .. also the light is wrong I will have another go later ..

bmckain
13th Dec 2007, 10:06 AM
It holds up pretty well at close range doesn't it? ;)

Taranis
13th Dec 2007, 05:11 PM
Thanks Bob .. I'm really rusty with lighting .. but the ship hold up well .. I would love to have
some characters in space (trek) suitsfor a scene like this I might try something in a few days ..

I always like trying for close up images .. This is one of my favourites

TheGreatRaja
13th Dec 2007, 05:17 PM
very nice work on both pics

Taranis
13th Dec 2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks TheGreatRaja ...I have a new one I like to try.. but I want to make a TOS suit.. Not sure how to do it yet .. but it won't be for close ups ..I have also started Space Station k7

Taranis
13th Dec 2007, 05:27 PM
Here it is :)

gpdesigner
14th Dec 2007, 08:39 AM
I miss your renders . . you do some pretty great work,
I guess with advancing your modeling techniques you haven't had much time to do scene stuff . . .
Well its good to see ya at it again . . .
gp

Taranis
14th Dec 2007, 10:17 AM
Again but I wanted to see if I could add 2 characters to the ships hull .. in this case Jasons
Astronaut character .. I looking in to seen if I can create the EVA suit from the show and early movies ..

One if the things I like to render is a scene where the Enterprise was damaged and they have to make repairs ..

Taranis
14th Dec 2007, 04:39 PM
another orbit of sherman's planet .. :p

ronaldheld
15th Dec 2007, 06:25 AM
Did we ever see what Sherman's planet looks like in TOS-R?

Taranis
15th Dec 2007, 07:41 AM
No only the spacestation K7, Sherman's Planet was only mentioned

Rigel
15th Dec 2007, 07:50 AM
I like the Day Shift picture.

CAClark
15th Dec 2007, 01:41 PM
Some nice compositions, but the shading of the models is a bit lack-lustre and flat looking, and the colour needs a slight colour shift to ke with the backplate better I think.

Cheers!

Taranis
15th Dec 2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks :) shading is next one my experimanting with list .. I am enjoying my return to rendering ..

hayling99
7th Jan 2008, 03:16 PM
The enterprise in drydock is fantastic, i love the lights on the drydock, are they built or textured, as i haven't seen any other drydock with that detail on the lights.

Taranis
8th Jan 2008, 09:10 AM
Its been a long time since I did that picture but I think the lights are modelled it was made by al3d.

DELTA
8th Jan 2008, 10:01 AM
Looking good.... You forget how big the Enterprise is until you put people on the hull...

Taranis
8th Jan 2008, 12:11 PM
Looking good.... You forget how big the Enterprise is until you put people on the hull...

agreed .. I am going to have a go at a TOS and Motion Picture EVA suit... or at least something that looks close enough for future images.. I always liked close up shot of meshes esp Star Trek just never had characters I could use .. Smallworld has given me some help here :)

KnightRider
23rd Jan 2008, 06:11 PM
Amazing renders! I really like the people on the saucer, reminds me of the EVA scenes from ST:FC...

JackDeL
23rd Jan 2008, 06:42 PM
Amazing renders! I really like the people on the saucer, reminds me of the EVA scenes from ST:FC...

I second this. Great looking renders! :tu:

Gunner68
24th Jan 2008, 12:47 AM
I like the Day Shift picture.

I agree---it's always cool to see angles they never showed us in the shows/films.

Gunner

Taranis
24th Jan 2008, 02:23 AM
that's the great thing about well built and detailed meshes. that you can do close up and add characters to bring life to the image :)

there is some segmentation in the Refit Enterprise around the Impulse engines.

I hope to redo that image with the proper period EVA suites someday

Crome
24th Jan 2008, 01:07 PM
Is it me or in the first picture shouldn't rear bulb type thing on the nacelle but illuminated? Just trying to help out as currently it looks great but I'm a nit picker

Rigel
24th Jan 2008, 03:41 PM
Is it me or in the first picture shouldn't rear bulb type thing on the nacelle but illuminated? Just trying to help out as currently it looks great but I'm a nit picker

While many CG hobbyists illuminating the globes on the stern of the nacelles, I don't believe they were on the series model.

Taranis
24th Jan 2008, 04:55 PM
While many CG hobbyists illuminating the globes on the stern of the nacelles, I don't believe they were on the series model.
This is how I understand it too... I once illuminated them when i first started rendering and was quickly put right..

Crook
24th Jan 2008, 06:58 PM
Some great images there. It's good to see people on the hull walking around. Makes the ship seem a bit more real.

Taranis
25th Jan 2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks Crook .. I always wanted to do a scene with your Falcon with characters in the frame too .. perhaps one day I 'll get to it :)

deg3D
11th Jun 2008, 01:54 PM
Fun stuff dude. :)

deg

Taranis
11th Jun 2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks deg3d. Trek was my motovation for 3d/cgi in the first place .. esp the classic Enterprise .., i never got back to these.. I collect some picture of tmp startrek EVA suits
.. but I am crap at characters ... still on my to do list

deg3D
11th Jun 2008, 02:11 PM
Keep at it dude, time and effort and attention to detail is all it takes. :)

deg

Taranis
11th Jun 2008, 02:21 PM
Will do . :)