PDA

View Full Version : Final project in school

iczer
15th Dec 2007, 11:27 PM
Greetings Programs,

Up until recently, I've been a lurker, since I couldn't create any type of model in LW. I would enter all the Texture contests.

I just finished 3D ANI 150: Modelling I, in college this week, our final project was to build a model using only NURBS in Maya 8.5. Well, I did it... and got 160/160 ;)

I built my PSP: all the words and symbols were imported from Illustrator, then projected on a surface, and trimmed. enjoy. ;) A model that I'm proud to call: complete!!! LOL

Matt
16th Dec 2007, 12:09 AM
Cool stuff... and congrats on the mark :)

TheGreatRaja
16th Dec 2007, 12:21 AM
nice work
now do the white SW one :D

Nirvana
16th Dec 2007, 05:07 AM
very impressive model :tu:

Rigel
16th Dec 2007, 07:53 AM
Nicely done and congrats on your mark.

BillS
16th Dec 2007, 07:58 AM
Hey nice to see some of you work! About the only crit that I have is some of the shadows seem a little noisy on the edges. Other than that, Nice work!

jf3000
16th Dec 2007, 09:27 AM
Rigel (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/member.php?u=34) remember when I had issues with the laser, well I worked it out :D

bmckain
16th Dec 2007, 09:31 AM
I agree with the rest, it looks good and congrats on the grade. You know, you've crossed the line now and we'll be looking to see more work from you. ;)

iczer
16th Dec 2007, 10:02 AM
Hey nice to see some of you work! About the only crit that I have is some of the shadows seem a little noisy on the edges. Other than that, Nice work!

Thanks for all the gratz!! I feel better now that I have a completed model, for the first time. I gave up for a while, as everyone who knows me here saw. ;) I really took these courses to make myself more marketable, main studies is Graphic Design; I've also learned Final Cut Pro in Vid Prod I.

I'll have to play with the light settings... it has 3 directional lights, and also using mental ray (teacher set up MR for me) The entire scene takes 1 1/2 minutes to render. ;)

As for more work, 1 project was a plane... I did Hawk's ship. Yes I know it doesn't look good ;) second time doing Polygon modelling, and some stuff didn't work. :( but here the final look:

BillS
16th Dec 2007, 03:10 PM
ahhh.......... Col Wilma Dearing memories come flooding back. :)

Rigel
16th Dec 2007, 05:13 PM
ahhh.......... Col Wilma Dearing memories come flooding back. :)

The best thing about that show!

BillS
16th Dec 2007, 06:41 PM
Her and Wonder Woman....

Sooooooooooo many childhood fantasies. :)

TheGreatRaja
16th Dec 2007, 07:00 PM
Great, now we have lost Bill
Someone get the hose

Bells of Freedom
16th Dec 2007, 07:33 PM
Great job, iczer! I'm just learning Maya, as well. I know LW pretty well, but working with NURBS in Maya is still a bit awkward. The PSP model rocks!

Lastwish
17th Dec 2007, 02:18 AM
impressive. great work

cosmos28
5th Jan 2008, 04:14 PM
Greetings Programs,

Up until recently, I've been a lurker, since I couldn't create any type of model in LW. I would enter all the Texture contests.

I just finished 3D ANI 150: Modelling I, in college this week, our final project was to build a model using only NURBS in Maya 8.5. Well, I did it... and got 160/160 ;)

I built my PSP: all the words and symbols were imported from Illustrator, then projected on a surface, and trimmed. enjoy. ;) A model that I'm proud to call: complete!!! LOL

You rock texturing!!!