Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Works in Progress (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Not a reboot (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3295)

XFozzboute 25th Aug 2008 12:39 AM

Not a reboot

5 Attachment(s)
This is nothign but an idea I had floating around. I don't consider it a reboot or a redesign of any thing. I've done it just for fun. I was influenced by Vector's reimagined enterprise. But only for the back of the engine.
This is a type 1 warp engine for single engine ships like the Saladin.

GMD3D 25th Aug 2008 02:15 AM

very interesting direction for the detailing ..

XFozzboute 25th Aug 2008 09:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you.
A few more bits. I borrowed a few parts from my Saladin mesh as placeholders.

XFozzboute 27th Aug 2008 09:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
More details added.
I've started on the pylon that will connect the engine to the Saucer. I've decided not to add windows here since it needs room for all the warp stuff. I might still add a few small windows or portholes closer to the saucer.
The last two pics are an idea for gimmick I've been tring to avoid but can't stop thinking about. I'm thinking the parts at the back of the engine might move in and out according to the speed it's moving at.
I think they would be moved out while at low warp or impulse. They move closer as the warp factor moves up.

Oops I kind of mixed up the second and third pics. Sorry.

XFozzboute 28th Aug 2008 10:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I've detailed the neck/pylon.

XFozzboute 30th Aug 2008 02:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I've added a saucer finally.
I've also added a lower sensor dome and a nav deflector.

Mikala 30th Aug 2008 02:26 PM

Strange but nice all at the same time.
Will be watching for more now!

XFozzboute 1st Sep 2008 12:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Started to put together ideas for the impulse engine.
The bridge and b and c decks are just place holders from another ship that I made.

XFozzboute 5th Sep 2008 10:43 PM

4 Attachment(s)
UPDATE..
Since I finished the warp engine I thought I'd start on a few of the textures. I'm gonna try and keep them subtle.

XFozzboute 11th Sep 2008 07:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I've added a few things around the rim of the saucer.
On one side will be a small shuttle bay and on the other side a cargo bay.
I've also added a new bridge section and a new b and c deck. All meant to be a little bit beefer than normal.
Yes I know about the segmentation on the saucer.

Oldcode 11th Sep 2008 10:12 PM

Looks great! Long live Franz Joseph!

XFozzboute 13th Sep 2008 09:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks.
UPDATE...
Unfortuneatly I lost the last save of the ship so I lost some of the rim details. Nothing I can't redo.
But since I don't feel like doing them again I thought I'd go back and do some work on the engine textures.
I redid the Emblem to look like the one used on Enterprise and added textures to the bottom of the engine. Not that it matters I'll have to redo them enyway because I've decided they're way to low rez right now. So I consider these tests to see if I could get all the blend materials to work right.

deg3D 13th Sep 2008 09:18 PM

Cool dude. :)

deg

XFozzboute 20th Sep 2008 09:46 PM

Thanks.
I'm not that far out of Chicago myself.

deg3D 20th Sep 2008 10:49 PM

Oh yeah, where's about? I'm 33 mi straight west, in Glendale Heights.

deg

Rigel 21st Sep 2008 07:34 AM

Looks pretty good so far.

XFozzboute 21st Sep 2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deg3D (Post 60296)
Oh yeah, where's about? I'm 33 mi straight west, in Glendale Heights.

deg

I think I'm about 17 miles south east of you, in Darien. Right in the middle of Downers Grove, Westmont, Willobrook and Woodridge. Just a few minutes from Oakbrook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 60345)
Looks pretty good so far.

Thank you.

XFozzboute 26th Sep 2008 11:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Redid the textures on the warp engine. They're a higher resolution and look much better as far as I'm concerned.

XFozzboute 28th Sep 2008 11:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I've finished the textures for the warp engine, the neck and the impulse engine. I also made a minor change to the deflector housing.

XFozzboute 9th Oct 2008 03:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I thought, before I start on the new saucer I'd take a look at what the next ship could look like.
This ship is the U.S.S. Swiften.
Under the ship I included the new type 2 warp engine. I decided to add reaction control thrusters.

bigmo 9th Oct 2008 04:35 PM

...I find it interesting that we both had the same ideas on the nacelle orientation. When Franz Joseph - the original copyright holder of the base design, for those curious - first came up with the single-engine concept, he oriented the "grill" so that it was facing one side - Starboard, IIRC. In both of ours, we've pointed it downwards, which would seem to make more sense than what Joseph originally worked up. I suspect that a Dreadnaught version would have the same orientation for the third engine in order to align all three warp fields towards one common center.

XFozzboute 9th Oct 2008 04:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Actually I based it on the drawing below and several other versions of the ship that I've seen.

Here is another ship.
The U.S.S. Archer. Many of the shapes are temp.

ST-One 10th Oct 2008 01:51 AM

The Archer looks... familiar... ;)

Phoenix 10th Oct 2008 03:01 AM

lmao, the Archer looks EXACTLY like a ship I designed back in Season 1 of Enterprise. My pylons weren't quite as conservative but still. I love the idea of a TOS Akira, hence why I liked the Enterprise NX-01. Good work so far bud, glad to see an old SFM flame working hard on here.

XFozzboute 11th Oct 2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST-One (Post 65253)
The Archer looks... familiar... ;)

I claim to not know what you're talking about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 65260)
lmao, the Archer looks EXACTLY like a ship I designed back in Season 1 of Enterprise. My pylons weren't quite as conservative but still. I love the idea of a TOS Akira, hence why I liked the Enterprise NX-01. Good work so far bud, glad to see an old SFM flame working hard on here.

well, my pylons are only temp for now. I plan on doing something a little bit better. I never liked the Akira but I dug the NX-01. And who are you calling old.:nuts::crazy:

IG88 12th Oct 2008 03:14 AM

Very Nice.... cant wait to see more on her!

XFozzboute 13th Oct 2008 10:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I started to add a few things to the saucer. I've added some nav lights. reaction control thrusters and whatever those three window like things are at the front of the saucer.

mjcrawford 3rd Nov 2008 09:25 AM

I like what you have done with that.

XFozzboute 16th Nov 2008 09:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank you.

UPDATE...
Well I thought I might as well get back to work.
I've started on textures for the bridge, I still need to add a little dirt. Those two holes below the bridge are torpedoe launchers.
After seeing the new Enterprise I thought I'd make a few changes to the Nav Deflector. I have two options and I haven't decided witch one I like more.

ST-One 17th Nov 2008 12:35 AM

I'd go with the first one :)