Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Cafe (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What did you just watch? (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18095)

Treybor 24th Aug 2016 12:56 PM

Am I bad because I won't watch BvS? Something about this new superman just makes me think he's not right for the role.

Meurig 24th Aug 2016 01:00 PM

The worst thing about it isn't even that it's Zack Snyders (IMO terrible) aesthetic, or that the story is poor or the conclusion stupid, or the characters bland, its that its incoherent. All the other things could be put down to stylistic choices but when you're watching a fight scene and can't tell what's going on that's just bad film making.

DELTA 24th Aug 2016 02:05 PM

Shameless

lonewriter 24th Aug 2016 03:49 PM

I guess I'm not one of those people who watches a movie just to analyze everything and notice every mistake. I just go in to enjoy a movie, I knew going in BvS wasn't going to be an Oscar worthy movie, I knew it was just going to be something fun to watch which it was. Same thing for Stranger Things, yes, it reminded me of the movies I loved as a kid but I also enjoyed the series itself. I don't read any film critic reviews and I don't really care what a movie web site says.

Rigel 25th Aug 2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treybor (Post 321051)
Am I bad because I won't watch BvS? Something about this new superman just makes me think he's not right for the role.

Not at all Sean. You're saving 3 hours of your life from being wasted.

Yes, Affleck makes a good Batman. His Bruce Wayne is a bit weak. I still think Keaton did the best job of Bruce Wayne even though he wasn't right for the Batman part.

I agree that this actor doesn't make an effective Superman.

As for it being dark and edgy, it's due to it being based a lot on The Dark Knight Returns graphic novel.

Overall I found the movie dull and boring. As a friend of mine said, not much action for a superhero movie.

Starbase1 26th Aug 2016 10:02 AM

Jodorowsky's Dune.

I was really unsure about watching it, but in the end found it extremely interesting - particularly at the end when they showed a whole bunch of famous scenes that seemed to have been lifted from the proposal book, or were used by people who had worked on the (not made) film.

I also greatly enjoyed the bit where he described being g=dragooned into seeing the David Lynch version "I was so happy to see it! It was terrible! I am not a nice person!"

I also did not realise that Salvador Dali (cast as the emperor Shaddam) told him to go and see the almost unknown H R Giger.

I'm still not sure it would have been a good film, much of it was delerately way over the top.

Nick

CrippledPidgeon 26th Aug 2016 06:19 PM

Super Dimension Fortress Macross. My first time watching it in Japanese, and my first time watching the show in at least 15 years. Just finished episode 4 ("The Long Wait"). Need to go to the local rental shop to get the next couple DVDs.

Rigel 27th Aug 2016 08:50 AM

Last night I watched an entertaining movie called The Midnight After (it's on Netflix; the Canadian site at least). It's from China and was an odd ball movie about the end of the world. One thing I liked about it is that it never really explains what happened.

Amras 17th Jun 2017 03:45 PM

Just watched The last Starfighter again. The first time since I was a kid I think. It is still great! *hums the theme music*

Rigel 18th Jun 2017 06:51 AM

Last night I watched Déjà Vu on Netflix. It was directed by Tony Scott and stars Denzel Washington. It is an excellent movie!

Amras 18th Jun 2017 11:32 AM

Wonder Woman in 3D and OV.
My new favourite movie of all time!

Harbinger 19th Jun 2017 11:29 AM

The last film I watched was on Saturday evening called Saving Grace. I had originally got it more than 10 years ago on US region 1 DVD, loaned it to someone and never got it back. Ever since then I've been trying to get it on Blu-ray, but by chance found it on Amazon under the German name Grasgeflüster!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savi...ce_(2000_film)

Treybor 20th Jun 2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 327965)
The last film I watched was on Saturday evening called Saving Grace. I had originally got it more than 10 years ago on US region 1 DVD, loaned it to someone and never got it back. Ever since then I've been trying to get it on Blu-ray, but by chance found it on Amazon under the German name Grasgeflüster!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savi...ce_(2000_film)

Absolutely love this movie. Watch it with my wife at least twice a year.:tu:

lonewriter 28th Jun 2017 09:34 PM

I've been watching Buffy The Vampire Slayer on Hulu, it's been so long I forgot how much I loved this show. The last movie I watched In the theatre was Rogue One. I'm not a theatre person.

Irrational 3rd Jul 2017 10:52 PM

I found an box set of the old Max Headroom series on DVD at Half Price Books. Still holds up.

Harbinger 3rd Jul 2017 11:54 PM

The last movie I watched was X-Men Apocalypse - not exactly the best one of the series, but wanted to get up to date prior to watching Logan next week on 4K Blu-ray. Also looking forward to seeing Baby Driver and War of The Planet of The Apes on the big screen.

DigitalOrigami 5th Jul 2017 08:23 AM

With all the Babylon 5 activity in the work in progress and showcase forums, I've gone back and started watching season 1.

John Marchant 5th Jul 2017 05:43 PM

Im watching Preacher now, i really like it so far.

Harbinger 6th Jul 2017 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 328235)
Im watching Preacher now, i really like it so far.

I'm up to episode three of the second season... Loved the little nod to Tom Cruise in the pilot episode!

GrahamTG 6th Jul 2017 06:45 AM

Binge watched Preacher last weekend, great show.

tension69 6th Jul 2017 10:25 AM

Been catching up on the Horizon episodes on BBC iPlayer.

Last watched the 2017 episode on oceans of the solar system. Gr8 stuff.

John Marchant 6th Jul 2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 328240)
I'm up to episode three of the second season... Loved the little nod to Tom Cruise in the pilot episode!

I binge watched season one on a recommendation and was really surprised i really like it. Now up to ep3 of season 2 still love it, right mix of comedy, action. Funny the same guy that recommended me this also recommended Banshee to me and i really enjoyed that as well. So guess who i will ask if im stuck again.

Im surprised someone has not piped up at how many Brits there are in this show. Most of the main characters are Brits.

Also if your tired of action movies but want a good story, watch The Founder. Its the story of McDonalds, yes them. I found it very interesting although i have no interest in their food and Keaton again on the top of his game.

Harbinger 7th Jul 2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 328246)
I binge watched season one on a recommendation and was really surprised i really like it. Now up to ep3 of season 2 still love it, right mix of comedy, action. Funny the same guy that recommended me this also recommended Banshee to me and i really enjoyed that as well. So guess who i will ask if im stuck again.

Im surprised someone has not piped up at how many Brits there are in this show. Most of the main characters are Brits.

Also if your tired of action movies but want a good story, watch The Founder. Its the story of McDonalds, yes them. I found it very interesting although i have no interest in their food and Keaton again on the top of his game.

I've been looking at The Founder as well, so might take a look once I have a break from work.

I recently finished American Gods as well, and looking forward to Jean Claude Van Johnson and The Tick. Then there's only ten more days until the return of Game of Thrones...

John Marchant 7th Jul 2017 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 328259)
I've been looking at The Founder as well, so might take a look once I have a break from work.

I recently finished American Gods as well, and looking forward to Jean Claude Van Johnson and The Tick. Then there's only ten more days until the return of Game of Thrones...

Not seen American Gods, got to find a way to convince my French Wife to watch it, she read the synopsies and did not like the sound of it. Well she is French and a little picky, luckily for me she does not force French TV on me.

Still getting through Life on Mars (UK) and then Ashes to Ashes follow up.

Looking forward to GoT starting again.

Rigel 7th Jul 2017 07:58 AM

I watched Here Alone on Netflix two nights ago. It's a pretty decent little film. It does a good zombie story without having endless scenes of people running from zombies.

lonewriter 7th Jul 2017 02:43 PM

I have not watched American Gods yet but will later. I'm about to binge watch Game of Thrones to get ready for the new season. I also finally started watching Dark Matter, I don't know why I never watched it before, it is really good. It's so hot here you can't do much outside in the day so it's a good time to watch tv and read.

Alec Trevelyan 7th Jul 2017 02:57 PM

House of Cards

Harbinger 8th Jul 2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec Trevelyan (Post 328276)
House of Cards

Although I love Kevin Spacey in the role, I still prefer the original Francis (Ian Richardson) :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0082dzs
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hous...(UK_TV_series)

Rigel 8th Jul 2017 04:32 PM

Last night two friends and I watched Spider-Man Homecoming. Phil and I enjoyed it. We thought it was funny and entertaining. I think Tom Holland is perfect in the part. Michael Keaton was up to his usual standards; it was fun to see him as the villain.

My other friend wasn't overly impressed as he thinks they made Spider-Man too much like Ironman.

lonewriter 8th Jul 2017 09:03 PM

I took my mother to the local community theatre to see Oliver! The Musical. The boy who played Oliver Twist was incredible. I was happy to see so many people come to watch this especially kids.