Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Cafe (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What did you just watch? (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18095)

Jessica6 16th Nov 2014 10:09 PM

Just watched Miller's Crossing, an early Cohen work. I could watch that film every day.

Recently watched Snowpiercer, wanted to like it more, but it fell a part for me as the film progressed. What were the protein bars made of, I couldn't tell what was in the vat.

lonewriter 17th Nov 2014 01:27 AM

Re watching Star Wars The Cline Wars on Netflix, it's been awhile since I watched it and watching the new Star Wars Rebels got me interested in watching Clone Wars again. I'm next going to watch Hobbit 2 extended version.

Meurig 17th Nov 2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica6 (Post 295922)
Just watched Miller's Crossing, an early Cohen work. I could watch that film every day.

Recently watched Snowpiercer, wanted to like it more, but it fell a part for me as the film progressed. What were the protein bars made of, I couldn't tell what was in the vat.

Cockroaches.

Treybor 17th Nov 2014 04:57 PM

Walking Dead Season 4 all weekend on Netflix.
Trying to find someplace that streams Penny Dreadful.

Dark Lane 18th Nov 2014 04:41 AM

Just in the middle of this creepy series, Les Revenants. Last night´s episode was unsettling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Returned

GrahamTG 18th Nov 2014 11:47 AM

The Machine

A fairly low budget sci fi/AI/Cyborg thriller. Was okay but definitely a missed opportunity.

Treybor 18th Nov 2014 12:16 PM

Children of Men. one of my favs

Rigel 19th Nov 2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treybor (Post 295998)
Children of Men. one of my favs

Yes, excellent movie.

Starbase1 22nd Nov 2014 02:44 PM

South Park, Grounded Vindaloop.

I frequently wonder what they are thinking when they come up with a South Park episode, but this was one of those episodes where it makes watching all the crap ones worthwhile, Combining Hollywood junk like "inception" with Occulus Rift headsets, and India based support centres where everyone is called Steve, wildly original, and one of the funniest I have seen in a long time...

biotech 22nd Nov 2014 04:02 PM

Riddick, man that was a long film.

Treybor 22nd Nov 2014 10:29 PM

Two specials on the Anglo Saxon hoard;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQNUdMets6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofCNSfF3vM

Rigel 22nd Nov 2014 11:14 PM

I just finished watching the documentary "Jodorowsky's Dune" on Netflix. What a fantastic documentary! It's a shame the movie was never made. The one they did do was garbage.

bmckain 23rd Nov 2014 07:40 AM

Watched Hidalgo last night with Fran.

GrahamTG 24th Nov 2014 06:45 AM

Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy - which dropped through my front door this morning :)

Starbase1 24th Nov 2014 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamTG (Post 296208)
Just finished Guardians of the Galaxy - which dropped through my front door this morning :)

What did you think?

I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected when i saw it at the cinema.

GrahamTG 24th Nov 2014 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbase1 (Post 296210)
What did you think?

I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected when i saw it at the cinema.

Saw it as the cinema as well and loved it.
Yes it's gloriously silly, but for me it evoked a sense of wonder that I rarely get from a movie these days, I've even compared it to how I felt after seeing a certain movie way back in '77.
Some of the scenes were truly jawdropping and stunning in scope. The entrance to Knowhere for example, incredible and gave me the sense of a whole new universe opening up - one that I wanted to see more and discover more of.

Serious contender for my movie of the year ( yet to see Interstellar though)

Starbase1 24th Nov 2014 07:19 AM

Yes, that pretty much nails it, great fun and some genuinely new settings.

I also thought they managed to keep the humour in character, funny without being distracting. The milage they got from "I am Groot!" was ridiculous! (In a good way).

I also enjoyed the (digital) comics, though they changed quite a few things around. (You get to know quite a bot more about the soviet space dog you glimpse in the film too).

Rigel 24th Nov 2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamTG (Post 296212)
Saw it as the cinema as well and loved it.
Yes it's gloriously silly, but for me it evoked a sense of wonder that I rarely get from a movie these days, I've even compared it to how I felt after seeing a certain movie way back in '77.
Some of the scenes were truly jawdropping and stunning in scope. The entrance to Knowhere for example, incredible and gave me the sense of a whole new universe opening up - one that I wanted to see more and discover more of.

Serious contender for my movie of the year ( yet to see Interstellar though)

You'll stick with Guardians as your movie of the year after seeing Interstellar.

;)

GrahamTG 25th Nov 2014 11:43 AM

The Quatermass Xperiment from 1955, part of BBC's sci fi season :)

Adam 26th Nov 2014 01:59 AM

I've been rewatching Star Trek: The Next Generation from episode 1. I'm currently a few episodes into Season 4. It's fun to watch it now and see things I never saw before and poke fun at the plot holes.

Treybor 26th Nov 2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamTG (Post 296343)
The Quatermass Xperiment from 1955, part of BBC's sci fi season :)

I've got Quatermass and the Pit on my to watch list this week. But I just got done watching "Jodorowsky's Dune". It really would have been something to see. I noted that the entire team of design "warriors" were picked up to do Alien.... Foss, Moebius, Giger....

GMD3D 27th Nov 2014 05:10 AM

After some time I am watching Star Trek TOS again.. just finished "The Conscience of the King"

BillS 27th Nov 2014 06:19 PM

We've just been on a spree here.
Guardians
Dawn of the planet of the apes.
Heaven is for real
Hercules (tonight)
Divergent (tomorrow)
I have to say that I really enjoyed Guardians.. the rest. Meh..

iczer 27th Nov 2014 08:50 PM

watched Maleficent with dinner. Very good FX, and great story. My recommendation ;)

Elowan 28th Nov 2014 08:44 AM

Transporter - crappy Bond-like fight scenes comprise this plot-less series

biotech 28th Nov 2014 09:26 AM

This.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

GrahamTG 28th Nov 2014 12:42 PM

"I Frankenstein" - 80 minutes of my life that I'll never get back !!

Treybor 1st Jan 2015 09:33 PM

Iron Sky.

Rigel 1st Jan 2015 10:41 PM

Just watched Dr No with Sean Connery.

Bells of Freedom 2nd Jan 2015 07:20 AM

Farscape. Recently finished Season 3 and 4, and the Peacekeeper Wars. Now going back to Seasons 1 and 2. Probably the third or fourth time through the series. I love me some Farscape.
Next up is probably Stargate SG1, from the beginning :)

Btw, great idea for a thread. Can't believe we didn't start one long time ago.