Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   References (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   AVENGERS - Shield's AIRBORN Aircraft Carrier Ship (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14105)

MadMax14 25th Sep 2012 07:40 PM

AVENGERS - Shield's AIRBORN Aircraft Carrier Ship

10 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone !!

Just thought I'd give a shot at modelling the SHEILD's super airborn aircraft carrier from the movie THE AVENGERS. I've captured alot of stills from the movie in HD 1080p and decided to post them here as ref material, just in case some others amongst you talented modelers wanted to give it a shot too - So here you go for some captures to start with, enjoy !!

PS: Note to the admins, I'm not really sure if I should have posted this under "Military Aircrafts" or under "Sci-Fi" or other, so feel free to move this to the appropriate location if you feel it's not in the right place ;) Cheers all, & have fun, I'm gonna get a sweat from this baby loool ;)

GrahamTG 26th Sep 2012 02:44 PM

I was wondering if someone was going to have a go at it. Will watch any progress with interest :)

Meurig 26th Sep 2012 05:14 PM

I watched Avengers again the other day and thought the exact same thing.

Afalk 27th Sep 2012 05:30 AM

Sweet ref materials :) Thanks for sharing them!

biotech 27th Sep 2012 06:17 AM

Thanks for those, any chance of some quinjet references?

Woody 27th Sep 2012 07:46 AM

Will watch this one for sure. That thing is a BEAST. :eek:

Rikalonius 27th Sep 2012 09:39 AM

I haven't seen the movie. And I can see the draw in wanting to model such a craft, but seriously, that craft is unparalleled levels of ridiculous.

biotech 27th Sep 2012 11:38 AM

Well at least it wasn't held up by four giant helicopter blades like it was in the comics for 30 years.

bmckain 27th Sep 2012 12:12 PM

Sub'd and watching. :)

MadMax14 27th Sep 2012 08:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, I've started to work on this monster, Been at it for several hours, almost finished modeling one of the turbines, but I'm getting to think this is gonna have to be in several parts if I keep going at it at this level of detail LOL.

As for the Quin-Jet, I've grabbed a few refs as well, hoping to get to that part later... Have to build a carrier for it to land on first ;)

More shots from the QuinJet to come...

As for the Progress on the carrier, I guess I'll have to open a thread on that one in the WIPs section :)

Elowan 27th Sep 2012 11:58 PM

I like the quinjet and the carrier is interesting. Good job

biotech 28th Sep 2012 01:55 AM

Thanks for the Quinket, love that design.

MadMax14 28th Sep 2012 02:27 AM

More stills from the movie to come...

Your welcomed ! My pleasure to up some ref material as always. I'll be UL more still shots from the movie later on today, particularly regarding stuff for the QuinJet.

As for the carrier, I've yet to come by more info to dig up but there is little source for it. If any of you have any more diagrams or blueprints, please feel free to UL those as well, I'll be needing them for my model, if my PC doesn't clogg up from detailing until then LOL :crazy:

MadMax 8th Oct 2012 10:16 AM

New source image HD artist conception...

Found some absolutely great shots from the carrier today while doing some research. In fact the images below are available on the author's homesite, who is no-other than Nathan Schroeder , one of the conceptual graphic / mat-painting artists hired for the movie research and design.

You can visit his site here :
http://nathanschroeder.net/gal27index.shtml << A must see, some really nice stuff for inspiration brainstorming. ;)

Amongst others, I've picked a few more shots for referrence purposes. Here are a few really nice ones. They're all highly detailed and seem to be an exact copy from the movie version. (Except for the night shot one) Alot of useful detailing here. :-)

lonewriter 19th Nov 2012 10:50 PM

Really cool images. I hope to see a public release mesh of the quinjet, I wonder when we will see a real version of the quinjet. I never thought I would see a F-35 do what it does.

bmckain 19th Nov 2012 11:47 PM

Those are good shots. Great refs.

ccclarke 24th Nov 2012 07:54 PM

While it's a cool-looking ship, there's one horribly blatant design flaw: Miss the trap on the angled flight deck, and you get sucked into a high-speed turbine! :eek:

Great reference shots though. . .

CC

Elowan 26th Nov 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccclarke (Post 242916)
While it's a cool-looking ship, there's one horribly blatant design flaw: Miss the trap on the angled flight deck, and you get sucked into a high-speed turbine! :eek:

CC

Yeah but that separates the bad from the good pilots. :evil:

MadMax14 12th Jan 2014 04:27 PM

Lol !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elowan (Post 243055)
Yeah but that separates the bad from the good pilots. :evil:

... No risk of that happening on my carrier, not finished... Yet... lol ;)