Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Works in Progress (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Cx Imperial Astromech (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17268)

bmckain 7th Oct 2014 09:56 AM

That's cool, like the hallway image.

Rigel 7th Oct 2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougx (Post 293871)
Just a small update haven't had much time to do any 3d lately:( just working on scene to put the droids in

That looks amazing! Job well done.

dougx 8th Oct 2014 03:30 AM

Thanks guys! hopefully some more work on the corridor tonight just watching the luna eclispe at the moment its pretty cool!

dougx 9th Oct 2014 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just another small update working on some more sets :)

dougx 10th Oct 2014 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a another small update added some wall details

dougx 13th Oct 2014 12:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just another small update :)

dougx 17th Oct 2014 06:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a little more work started on a computer console :)

dougx 17th Oct 2014 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just another quick update before bed , added some detail to the console, also added floor grates and panel detail to floor plates started to model the ramp and added some more detail to the door frame.Now time for bed lol :wtf:

dougx 19th Oct 2014 12:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just a little bit more work on the roof and started to model the door :)modeled heaps of small pipes and details behind the lights but they dont show up at all lol oh well have to add them to my grebble collection:rolleyes:

Rigel 19th Oct 2014 02:37 PM

You know, if the architect would design the doors at floor level, you wouldn't need ramps.

;)

It looks great!

dougx 20th Oct 2014 08:20 AM

Thanks rigel! Im really not sure why I put a ramp there now that I think about it,dosent make much sense lol

Wiz 21st Oct 2014 01:04 AM

Actually I like the ramp :) fire the architect but keep the ramp ;)

dougx 23rd Oct 2014 01:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks Wiz :) I will probably keep the ramp but will add some hand rails later on just a small update added some droid cubby holes for them to charge up/sleep also just to enlarge the cargo bay a bit more

dougx 25th Oct 2014 11:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just a few more details added some guardrails and added some detail to the ramp and just for fun rendered a pic with my v-wing inside the hanger bay thou the bay my need to be enlarged alot it barely fits:rolleyes:

dougx 30th Oct 2014 05:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just another small update added some shelving and started to model in the wall panels also modeled a fuel pump thou still a low poly stand in till later on:)

Rigel 30th Oct 2014 08:40 AM

It just keeps looking better all of the time.

dougx 2nd Nov 2014 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Rigel! just a quick test of material settings for the repair droid what do you guys think? I uved this panel to get the chips along the edge.Does anyone know I quicker way because this panel took ages And his head is very complicated I tired weight maps but that didint work well couldnt get the chipped effect to look right maybe theres a shader out there to colour edges?Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

dougx 2nd Nov 2014 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just another small test using uvs Im starting to get the hang of them now thou mite take along time to do the rest of him :rolleyes:

dougx 6th Nov 2014 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
just playing around with uvs and textures :)

dougx 22nd Nov 2014 01:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Just a few more updates I think im finally finshed modeling the repair droid just added a few small details,and changed a few things also some pics of another droid for Kotor :)

bmckain 22nd Nov 2014 06:51 AM

Nice wear and tear work on some of those images. Good stuff. :)

Rigel 22nd Nov 2014 08:43 AM

"Nice start, meatbag. Now get my body together!"
-- HK-47

Everything is looking very good.

dougx 24th Nov 2014 04:23 PM

Thanks guys, Rigel I think ill give HK a try next ive got alot ref images but his head is strange shape but a modelling challenge is always good , thou I m thinking I mite try do one the droids in Zbrush thou i find its interface hard to get my head around lol

Wiz 25th Nov 2014 01:38 AM

The wear and tear on the metal paint looks great :) although be careful not to add it around every edge as it starts to look a bit uniform.

See the below example (albeit its a more severe case), there are parts of the edges barely touched with scratches and the paint is not chipped off. Also there are areas on the facing panels which have wear damage.

http://danreetz.com/wear/For_McBeen_DSC5208.jpg

Omnipotent 25th Nov 2014 02:13 AM

having recently gotten back in to SWTOR the updates here are nice and familiar :)

now back to disregarding all other aspects of my Life in favor of PVP with my deception assassin :P mmo's ftw...

dougx 25th Nov 2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Omnipotent having recently gotten back in to SWTOR the updates here are nice and familiar :)

now back to disregarding all other aspects of my Life in favor of PVP with my deception assassin :P mmo's ftw...
I recently got back into it myself haven't done much pvp mostly pve and flashpoints, there are some really cool designs in that game I would love to model some of the ships as well one day :rolleyes:

Quote:

Wiz The wear and tear on the metal paint looks great :) although be careful not to add it around every edge as it starts to look a bit uniform.

See the below example (albeit its a more severe case), there are parts of the edges barely touched with scratches and the paint is not chipped off. Also there are areas on the facing panels which have wear damage.

Thanks for the tips Wiz I only hope when I finish they look half as good as your R2 :)

dougx 25th Nov 2014 09:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a small update got a question for all you subpatch modellers out there how would i go about creating this? Ive tried a few ways but my subpatch skills are lacking the smooth transition between the sharp edge and smooth area has got me stuck:wtf: Any help would be great!

Rigel 26th Nov 2014 09:33 AM

It's done by adding another edge close to the main one.

In the image, the yellow lines represent the edges used to build the basic shape. The red lines are the edges used to control the sharpness. The closer the red edges are to the yellow one, the sharper the edge and vice versa.

So you just need to run some more edges on your mesh and you'll get the point rather than the smooth curve.

dougx 26th Nov 2014 01:23 PM

Thanks Rigel will give it a go soon as i get home from work :-)

dougx 27th Nov 2014 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A much improved chest plate Thanks to Rigel!:)