Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Works in Progress (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   My version of Kronos 1 study model (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17521)

XFozzboute 24th Jul 2014 02:44 PM

My version of Kronos 1 study model

2 Attachment(s)
The clean textures for my D2 are done and Iím kinda sick of doing textures for now since thatís all Iíve done for the last three ships I worked on. I need to build something. So I decided to do my version of the Kronos 1 study model that popped up not too long ago.

Treybor 24th Jul 2014 03:34 PM

Cool. Looking forward to seeingit evolve

ronaldheld 25th Jul 2014 05:33 AM

Waiting for more.

Rigel 25th Jul 2014 07:58 AM

That's a good start. The segmentation is a little too obvious around the base of the dome. May I suggest adding just another 10 or 20 segments?

XFozzboute 25th Jul 2014 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 288981)
That's a good start. The segmentation is a little too obvious around the base of the dome. May I suggest adding just another 10 or 20 segments?

That was just a roughed in bit I've fixed it already.

UPDATE...

More of the bridge section done. Most of the shapes are finalized. Itís starting to look like some kind of building to me.

XFozzboute 25th Jul 2014 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I think Iím just about done with this part. I might add a small bit or two not sure yet.

Rigel 26th Jul 2014 08:16 AM

That looks good. So this is a building on the Klingon homeworld?

XFozzboute 26th Jul 2014 10:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 289024)
That looks good. So this is a building on the Klingon homeworld?

No it's the original idea for the Klingon version of Air Force 1 used in Star Trek 6. For budget reasons they didn't use it and went with a modified version of the K'Tinga.

UPDATE...
The bridge section is about as done as I need it to be for now.

Now Iím working on more of the front of the ship.

Oldcode 26th Jul 2014 11:19 AM

That's some fantastic detail! :D

Do you have a sketch or drawing of what Kronos 1 was supposed to look like?

Thanks and great job!.

XFozzboute 26th Jul 2014 11:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got a few pics.

XFozzboute 27th Jul 2014 07:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Hereís a close up of the bridge.

Adding more details.

Matt 28th Jul 2014 07:35 AM

This is looking pretty awesome mate, I haven't seen this design before (though knew they resorted to an updated K'tinga for the movie for budget)

Rigel 28th Jul 2014 08:38 AM

Your modelling is looking very nice.

Oldcode 28th Jul 2014 04:33 PM

Interesting design. It should make a great model for somebody with your skills. I have to admit though, I'm glad the used the K'tina instead, just like in Star Trek IV they used the Reliant again to make the Saratoga. It made more sense to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFozzboute (Post 289029)
Got a few pics.

XFozzboute 28th Jul 2014 08:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I figured this was far enough along I could move it to mental ray. I made the bulb under the bridge.

I also added the beginning of weapons and started on the neck.

Rigel 29th Jul 2014 01:39 PM

That is looking smooooth.

XFozzboute 30th Jul 2014 11:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Starting to rough in some surface details.

Starting to work on the torpedo tube and add some windows.

biotech 30th Jul 2014 12:54 PM

Nice work, in that study model though, is the torpedo launcher a 2x2 lego brick?

XFozzboute 1st Aug 2014 01:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Could be.:tu:

UPDATE...
Iíve refined some of the hull detail.

XFozzboute 2nd Feb 2015 11:55 AM

Well spent another week in the hospital. Found out I have a blood clot in my leg that caused me to have a bunch in my lungs making it very hard for me to breath. And while I was there I found out I might also have cancer in my liver. Fun ****ing year so far.
UPDATE...
I got a little bit more done on Kronos 1.

Rigel 2nd Feb 2015 02:10 PM

Good to see you still working at your 3D.

JayCee1970 3rd Feb 2015 06:25 AM

I had never seen this one.... it's an incredible design, and you are certainly doing it justice :)

Bells of Freedom 3rd Feb 2015 06:31 AM

Great start. Looking forward to seeing more.

SCIFI 4th Feb 2015 02:41 PM

Very sorry to hear about your health.
Awesome work on the model, though.

XFozzboute 5th Jul 2015 04:14 PM

UPDATE...
Got more work done on this thing. Mainly a few bits to the head of the ship. And Iíve started to work on the shapes of the neck.

wharding85 5th Jul 2015 05:19 PM

Very nice work, to be honest i always thought the klingon chancellor always deserved a better ship then a slightly modified k tinga class, and this really is a massive departure from klingon ships of that era, but i love it. the bridge looks awesome. Sorry to hear about your health problems my uncle suffered from the same problem scary time indeed, take care

overseer 6th Jul 2015 11:05 AM

Nice work, and elegant, too! Worthy of a chancellor for sure. You could call it Qang class (which, I believe, is the Klingon word for chancellor). I'm surprised none of the Trek producers/writers have considered that yet!

XFozzboute 10th Jul 2015 07:02 PM

Thanks.

UPDATE..
Well things are going well so far, I’m now down to only two more chemo sessions. But then I’ll need another CT scan to see how things went and have to have checkups every three months for I don’t know how long. But for now I feel great. Anyway….
I added a few details to the bottom of the secondary hull.

And here is a a shot with more stuff on the neck and the beginning of the secondary hull. I may dump that ridge going down the center, I don’t care for it much.

wharding85 10th Jul 2015 09:13 PM

Really hope you get better soon sounds like you are having a hell of a time at the minute. Do love your work though, really loved the work you did on the re imagined enterprise you did a few years back, was miles better than the jj prise. This would of worked perfectly as kronos one in TUC, the modified k tinga never did it for me, it was a bit over the top with all the red panel work and the bridge section.

XFozzboute 15th Jul 2015 01:21 PM

UPDATE...
I’ve added a few more details under the command section.

I also did a little bit more of the secondary hull.