Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Works in Progress (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Anything and Everything (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21524)

Omnipotent 21st Aug 2017 05:12 AM

Anything and Everything

Heyo, havnt been around much in quite some time mostly because i completly lost any inspiration and drive for 3d for quite a long time (2 ish years give or take) but for some unexpected reason it seems like i caught the bug again as ive been tinkering almost nonstop on various things for about a month or so now and i figure i should have a thread here to dump some stuff in now and again.

Omnipotent 21st Aug 2017 06:46 AM

12 Attachment(s)
first up some formula 1.

Omnipotent 21st Aug 2017 06:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more random stuff

Rigel 21st Aug 2017 08:05 AM

Now, now, posting images of real race cars isn't fair!

I like the figure; that's really well done. The muscle car looks good too.

I don't recognize the spaceship; Star Gate?

John Marchant 21st Aug 2017 09:10 AM

Love those F1 cars.

Treybor 21st Aug 2017 02:15 PM

Welcome back Omni. Those formula 1 cars are amazing. Nicely done.

Omnipotent 21st Aug 2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 328831)
Now, now, posting images of real race cars isn't fair!

I like the figure; that's really well done. The muscle car looks good too.

I don't recognize the spaceship; Star Gate?

hehe i wish mate but as i also caught the 3d bug again somehow i caught the F1 bug too and ive been scowering the net for pics of f1 cars and there are so many that are rendered way nicer then mine but i ty for the compliment :D

and i donno if a 6 cyl turbo counts as a "muscle car" mate.. and yeah ship is stargate as i allways do some new renders with those old models once or twice a year.
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 328833)
Love those F1 cars.

cool, steep Learning curve on those tho especially the first one ie modern one i sat thru multiple videos and articles explaining aerodynamic theory and i barly understood half of it o0

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treybor (Post 328834)
Welcome back Omni. Those formula 1 cars are amazing. Nicely done.

thanks! glad to be back hopefully i can keep the flame burning for a while :)

Omnipotent 21st Aug 2017 05:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here is some pics on where i started with the f1 thing a few weeks back... be warned its ugly very very ugly but thankfully i managed to get it to look halfway decent at the end as show in posts above.

Omnipotent 21st Aug 2017 05:36 PM

let me know if you guys want wires or clays of anything :)

Omnipotent 22nd Aug 2017 03:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
playing with cel shading for whatever reason... o.0

Omnipotent 22nd Aug 2017 05:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
more of the ferrari, wonder why i never played with celshade before as it really shows off the detail (and misstakes) :p

Omnipotent 24th Aug 2017 12:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A few hours into another build :)

Rigel 24th Aug 2017 07:57 AM

The cell shaded images would make nice illustrations for a book or article.

Omnipotent 24th Aug 2017 09:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 328851)
The cell shaded images would make nice illustrations for a book or article.

I admit to toying with the idea of a comic strip for a fun experiment :)

Omnipotent 24th Aug 2017 09:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some progress :)

Rekkert 25th Aug 2017 08:06 PM

I really love the work you've done on the F1 cars, even the halo looks good (well, it doesn't look ugly is a better way to put it hahaha).

The earlier concepts you posted aren't ugly at all! I love them, definitively more angular than the real cars, but they look futuristic and different, very cool.

I'd recommend you post them on the formula1 subreddit and get some feedback from the community there if you haven't already.

Omnipotent 26th Aug 2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rekkert (Post 328857)
I really love the work you've done on the F1 cars, even the halo looks good (well, it doesn't look ugly is a better way to put it hahaha).

The earlier concepts you posted aren't ugly at all! I love them, definitively more angular than the real cars, but they look futuristic and different, very cool.

I'd recommend you post them on the formula1 subreddit and get some feedback from the community there if you haven't already.

I dig the halo myself :)

and glad you like em but reddit... naw im to old dont use it.

Omnipotent 26th Aug 2017 07:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more progress.

Rigel 28th Aug 2017 06:54 AM

Ah, it's an excavator. I was guessing crane when you put up the first image. It's looking nice!

Here's some reference photos I posted awhile back; good reference for how these things look after they've done some work.

http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ight=excavator

Omnipotent 29th Aug 2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 328866)
Ah, it's an excavator. I was guessing crane when you put up the first image. It's looking nice!

Here's some reference photos I posted awhile back; good reference for how these things look after they've done some work.

http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ight=excavator

i made sure to make the cab a separate piece for future use and a crane def came to mind.

Omnipotent 29th Aug 2017 10:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
progress.

Dark Lane 30th Aug 2017 04:37 AM

Great work and Im glad you got the bug for 3D again. Ive been following a tutorial by Andy Brown for a C9 Sauber and he is using spline patching, is that generally how you work, if I may ask?

Omnipotent 30th Aug 2017 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Lane (Post 328888)
Great work and Im glad you got the bug for 3D again. Ive been following a tutorial by Andy Brown for a C9 Sauber and he is using spline patching, is that generally how you work, if I may ask?

thanks!

splines? no, im more traditional with a mix of planar and box modeling with subdivision.

Omnipotent 30th Aug 2017 07:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
more celshading fun

Omnipotent 15th Oct 2017 03:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finsihed off the f1 Project so i can tinker with something else.

New nose nw UVs new liveries and many other little tweaks

Omnipotent 15th Oct 2017 03:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
What i moved onto....

A few hours of work so far, now keep in mind im far from a star trek fan so i have no clue what im doing, what prompted me to start tinkering was the god awful ST-D boxy lego esque design of the Discovery and how absolutly terrible the design of it is especially the secondary hull, i cant belive that it got through quality controll as it is it literally looks like something id been able to make my first time modeling after 20minutes of using sketchup... terrible.. absolutly terrible... anyway i wanted to see if i could make something that atleast looked alittle better to me ive screwed around with trek designs before namly the Sovreign but quickly got bored and abandoned it as a project hopefully i can keep going on this ones im not locked into following someone elses design to the letter which imo can kill ones creativity and bore you to death.

As for the design influences its basic ST as you can see ie saucer secondary hull and nacelles and im not really following any refference of dif trek ship basicly im winging it and trying to make it feel right but if i were to break it down im going for the Cobra style neck from the Enterprise D, the secondary hull and saucer of the Sovreign mixed with some romulan influences..

No idea if ill keep going to finsih this but made good progress so far but i def got stuck on the nacelles i have a basic idea of what i want but urk... if anyone has any ideas for the nacelles feel free to share it.

ST-One 23rd Oct 2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omnipotent (Post 329364)
A few hours of work so far, now keep in mind im far from a star trek fan so i have no clue what im doing, what prompted me to start tinkering was the god awful ST-D boxy lego esque design of the Discovery and how absolutly terrible the design of it is especially the secondary hull, i cant belive that it got through quality controll as it is it literally looks like something id been able to make my first time modeling after 20minutes of using sketchup... terrible.. absolutly terrible...

:tu: :tu: :tu:

TrekMD 23rd Oct 2017 10:53 AM

That ship looks cool!

Omnipotent 27th Nov 2017 01:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is where i went with this (i havnt finished the nacelles yet but couldnt resist tinkering with a scene)

Omnipotent 9th Jun 2018 03:00 AM

Time for another necro post...

Started a new job last year and in doing so i had to get into realtime graphics for AR & VR and i have been privatly experimenting with the graphical levels achivable in a realtime rendering engine like Unity.