Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Showcase (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Render nonsense and miscellaneous stuff (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21870)

Eden 30th Apr 2019 04:03 PM

Render nonsense and miscellaneous stuff

1 Attachment(s)
SO let me introduce myself or re-introduce myself again, was on here years ago as eden, some may remember me.....some my not, so iv'e briefly read bob's not to well..... and probably still unwell, been out of 3D for the best part of 4 years...... haven't signed in for at least two years.... won't go into why....but anyway been back in the saddle since the start of April.....and will use this thread for some of my nonsense......

So first render......

Imrod Dominance War III by (Dmitry Parkin)

Was originally a high poly Zbrush model, but was converted to a low poly OBJ "carcass meshes"

All textures maps, specular map, normal map, luminosity map Have been, upgraded and enhanced to larger size, Render lighting and environment models and textures by me

GrahamTG 1st May 2019 03:00 PM

Hey, welome back :) Great render, textures look very good.

Eden 2nd May 2019 02:48 PM

Hay, Graham:)...many thanks for taken the time to comment much appreciated, and yeah its been a while, good to see your still around and producing artwork....!!

Eden 2nd May 2019 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Test render for a studio lighting setup, smart ibl in conjunction with 1 spotlight, 1 area light, 1 softbox.....Will be three renders...i know its really not that interesting......bring on the sci-fi.....but its necessary evil.......:devil:

John Marchant 3rd May 2019 02:44 AM

Love it and welcome back. Which version of LW is this.

Tony Gardner 3rd May 2019 03:13 AM

Welcome back. That character reminds me of the Clown in the Spawn movie. nice renders

Rigel 3rd May 2019 07:00 AM

That bottle looks great.

Eden 3rd May 2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 332578)
Love it and welcome back. Which version of LW is this.

Sorry to disappoint you john.....but not lightwave......this is Modo V13

Eden 3rd May 2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Gardner (Post 332580)
Welcome back. That character reminds me of the Clown in the Spawn movie. nice renders

Many thanks Tony....for your comments.....!!

Eden 3rd May 2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332584)
That bottle looks great.

Many thanks for your comment....just a quick question how do you get multiple quotes into a single post.....its eluding me at the moment......:o

Eden 3rd May 2019 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well on to the next render......change of background and lighting......much cleaner render and lighting......well in my opinion....:)

Eden 4th May 2019 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another test from previous single vodka bottle render and the last one.......lighting and materials have been refined ....... for a studio lighting setup, smart ibl in conjunction with 1 spotlight, 2 area light, 2 softbox......and a lot more glass.....!

Rigel 5th May 2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 332576)
Test render for a studio lighting setup, smart ibl in conjunction with 1 spotlight, 1 area light, 1 softbox.....Will be three renders...i know its really not that interesting......bring on the sci-fi.....but its necessary evil.......:devil:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332584)
That bottle looks great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 332590)
Many thanks for your comment....just a quick question how do you get multiple quotes into a single post.....its eluding me at the moment......:o

Beside the "quote" button is a "multi-quote" button. Click the multi-quote button on each post you want to quote, but on the last one click quote to start a new message.

Eden 5th May 2019 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332599)
Beside the "quote" button is a "multi-quote" button. Click the multi-quote button on each post you want to quote, but on the last one click quote to start a new message.

Many thanks....knew it would be obvious, but for the life of me couldn't see it:o

Eden 5th May 2019 04:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two renders.....both are an experimentation with lighting and f stop and light bounces, Ranging from 2 to 4 bounces and how much of an impact the smallest of changes in light, angle and position can make to a final render ..........

All materials and textures are setup as physical based so should act accordingly if i've got the refraction and reflection correct .......both have a fixed or static 7 light setup comprising of 1 spot light, 1 directional light, 1 Area light, Another 2 spot lights with caustics, 1 softbox target assembly, and softbox free standing assembly......

will be a third render be that will be HDRI....OR Smart IBL......both very much the same...

Eden 7th May 2019 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HDRI version of the M9.....and the last render,..... on too something else.......:)

John Marchant 8th May 2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 332588)
Sorry to disappoint you john.....but not lightwave......this is Modo V13

Well i was guessing. Not used Modo in some time.

Rigel 9th May 2019 07:07 AM

That last render of the M9 is nice.

I've never held an M9 so I don't know what it's made of. In the render, the silver sections of the body look like plastic; I would expect metal. Also, on the left side of the camera, across the rounded part, the segmentation is showing.

Eden 9th May 2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 332620)
Well i was guessing. Not used Modo in some time.

No worries john....i don't use lightwave.....much either......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332624)
That last render of the M9 is nice.

I've never held an M9 so I don't know what it's made of. In the render, the silver sections of the body look like plastic; I would expect metal. Also, on the left side of the camera, across the rounded part, the segmentation is showing.

Thanks Rigel....!! can see what your saying about the plastic look, but it's exactly the same materials and textures i used in the too previous renders.....and didn't what to do a 3rd one along the same lines, so more HDRI than incorrect materials,

The body Design is reminiscent of classic Leica designs, the M9 Monochrom features chrome defused flat finish that covers a magnesium-alloy chassis, and solid brass ...the solid brass parts are finished with the chrome defused cover......dose come in black chrome as well......

As for the segmentation this becomes more apparent with the HDRI.....? but the model is a level 2 subdivision mesh and very smooth....so no idea at the moment....:wtf:

Eden 9th May 2019 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bank holiday weekend has just past in the UK.....this what i spent some of my time doing....Free MUSCLE CAR mesh.....by Anders Lejczak was inspired by various american muscle cars, for example the Dodge Challenger.

Rest of the meshes....are my own or free models picked up over the years......with a complete re-texture and materials. so in shot it was a kit bash.......:D

Rigel 10th May 2019 07:07 AM

That car image reminds me of the old Steve Jackson Games game Car Wars. It's well done.

Two things the ex-soldier in me noted: 1) I've never seen an ammo box that big for a .50 cal!! 2) the belt goes in the left side with shells ejecting from the right. The links eject out the bottom.

:)

Eden 10th May 2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332638)
That car image reminds me of the old Steve Jackson Games game Car Wars. It's well done.

Two things the ex-soldier in me noted: 1) I've never seen an ammo box that big for a .50 cal!! 2) the belt goes in the left side with shells ejecting from the right. The links eject out the bottom.

:)

Many thanks for the comment....glad you like it....enjoyed doing it, and thanks for heads up i,e the ammo container, will have to put it down too artistic licence this time round.....:D

Eden 12th May 2019 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Needed a break from modeling my FN SCAR -L (Fabrique Nationale Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle)

Free mesh....Sony STR-DG820.that i've had on my hard drive for a while..... deserved a little love, well ended up being three and half hour's of preparation, scene setup ,modeling,textures and materials, lighting.....also part of my studio lighting tests.....definitely didn't look this good in the world of the reality........even if i do say so myself.........;)

Eden 17th May 2019 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fictitious Technics amp one of two renders........part of lighting tests.......got to learn how lighting works....not just completely reliant on HDRI to do it for you......

Rigel 19th May 2019 06:54 AM

Those look good. The reflections are really well done.

Eden 20th May 2019 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332702)
Those look good. The reflections are really well done.

Thank you...! and thanks for taken the time out to comment is very much appreciated...

Last one of the Technics amp.....

Rigel 21st May 2019 06:59 AM

Those really bring back memories.

Eden 23rd May 2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 332733)
Those really bring back memories.

Many thanks for taken the time to comment....!!!.....Yeah you won't see them much now in the digital age with bluetooth.......and so on.......

Eden 23rd May 2019 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Texture painting in modo.

There's a lot of work unseen to achieve the desired result, deep rich colour consistency to cope with the lighting, Which was 4 lights, plus HDRI, linear light fall off, absorption distance, subsurface scattering, bump and displacement textures...the list goes on......

So gained a lot of knowledge from this to add to the knowledge base already acquired

critique is always welcomed.........:D

Rigel 24th May 2019 06:57 AM

Now that is just amazing!