Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Cafe (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lightwave 2018: Releasing Literally the Second it's 2018 (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21616)

David cgc 12th Dec 2017 05:23 PM

Lightwave 2018: Releasing Literally the Second it's 2018

Well, my year of procrastination on personal projects because I didn't want to improve my surfacing skills and fine-tune a bunch of lighting rigs on a soon-to-be-obsolete system has paid off, as Lightwave 2016-with-an-extra-loop-on-the-six-to-make-it-an-eight-added-with-a-pen is finally coming out. Headline features include a revamped, physically based rendering system with fun bells and whistles like camera-visible lights, a volumetric system that looked pretty nifty on those YouTube previews they released a billion years ago, and, my most delightful surprise, a "layout view" option for Modeler that'll show the model from a camera in Layout, so I don't have to keep switching apps when I don't have orthos so I'm trying to match an arbitrary angle.

Starbase1 14th Dec 2017 03:17 AM

I took a look at the new features, seems like Modeller is still being neglected.

Gordon Robb 14th Dec 2017 04:04 AM

I noticed that. All these rendering/surfacing updates are of no interest to me, as an Octane user, but I'd love me some modelling updates.

vitruvian 14th Dec 2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbase1 (Post 329758)
I took a look at the new features, seems like Modeller is still being neglected.

:eek:...:(

Crook 16th Dec 2017 02:08 AM

Whoa.

Rob Powers FB page.

As many of you know, I am no longer working with NewTek. I hope my passion and vision for the product over the past few years has resulted in improvements to LightWave workflows and tools that you have found useful.

I regret that I wasn't allowed to fully discuss my future development vision or implement the blog as I had intended. There are many more ideas and plans that I wish I could have shared and implemented in LightWave before leaving NewTek, but some things are just not possible.

Currently I do not see the roadmap I developed for LightWave being followed and I am unaware of any alternate roadmap that NewTek has developed.

Without having what I view as a clear development roadmap in place, a solid commitment to future development, and a strong development vision aligned with the needs of our customers, I am simply unable to remain involved with NewTek or LightWave.

I would like to personally thank all of the LightWave users around the world for your kind and supportive messages and I wish all of you great success in your future endeavors.

Best of luck to you all!

Crook 16th Dec 2017 06:01 AM

Duplicate

lonewriter 18th Dec 2017 08:24 PM

I'm still using 10.1 so I don't see shelling out money for the upgrade, I have more important things to do. I hope to have my house paid off this year.

Starbase1 19th Dec 2017 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewriter (Post 329799)
I'm still using 10.1 so I don't see shelling out money for the upgrade, I have more important things to do. I hope to have my house paid off this year.

11.6 for me. Not seen anything since (MODELLER!) that I'd consider worth paying for...