Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Works in Progress (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Ships Of The Starfleet Museum (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9367)

XFozzboute 11th Jun 2010 07:46 PM

Ships Of The Starfleet Museum

3 Attachment(s)
So I was sitting here thinking Iím close to finishing off a few ships. Maybe I should start a new one. Something simple. So I thought about http://www.starfleet-museum.org/ Iíve built a few ships from here in the past but lost them to a HD crash. Iíve decided to start from the beginning and make Little Nell again.
I donít plan on doing exact copies of the ships. Itís my hope to build most if not all the ships from the museum.

ST-One 12th Jun 2010 12:17 PM

You sure that isn't something out of Flesh Gordon? ;)

Rigel 13th Jun 2010 09:10 AM

An ambitious project. Your modelling looks very clean so far; as always.

XFozzboute 13th Jun 2010 12:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thank you.
UPDATE...
I consider the build on this thing done. Not bad for two days work. Now on to the textures.
I finished off the reaction control system. Detailed the forward spikes and added some blue glowy bits. Made the grid lines. Expected them to take longer than they did. I also added the impulse engines.I wasn't sure about the shuttle bays. One picture shows only one but the cutaway shows two so I went with two.
Added detail to the aft spike and some blue glowy stuff just like up front.

XFozzboute 14th Jun 2010 10:35 PM

4 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I've done textures for the left side,the front and bottom of the ship.I still have to do textures for the airlocks and shuttle bays. I have to do the right side,the top and back of the ship and the impulse engines. Also those spikes and I'm done.

Rigel 14th Jun 2010 11:11 PM

It looks good. Any idea about the scale of this thing?

XFozzboute 15th Jun 2010 12:12 AM

Yeah scale might be a little iffy on this one. But I worked with the basic width and height of 24.27m from the site the lenght is suposed to be 84.61m but I don't know if my version is right I haven't checked yet.

XFozzboute 19th Jun 2010 09:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I was surprising close but not exact on the scale. :D
UPDATE...
Impulse engines are finished and I think this ship is now done.
I've included a look at Little Nell 2 being blocked in.

XFozzboute 8th Aug 2010 08:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Back at the museum to work on Little Nell 2.

XFozzboute 12th Aug 2010 07:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
The build on this ship is done and now it's time to start on the textures. I finished the impulse engines and added the grid lines.
I've installed the RCS thrusters and the airlocks.
Here I added two shuttle bays. Again little Little Nell 1 I wasn't sure how many shuttle bays this ship had because one picture showed one and another showed two. So I went with two. I also had to move them so they wouldn't be in the way of the impulse engines.

Rigel 12th Aug 2010 10:55 PM

Nice little model.

XFozzboute 12th Aug 2010 11:25 PM

[Worf voice] Little [/Worf voice] :D

XFozzboute 15th Aug 2010 10:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Started on the textures for the front of the ship. All these renders were done with Mental Ray.
I did the last picture just for fun.

XFozzboute 23rd Sep 2010 09:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Just about done with the textures on the Little Nell 2.

Rigel 24th Sep 2010 09:21 AM

Excellent work Fozz. Everytime I see it I think of a mushroom, heh heh.

Tenement 01 24th Sep 2010 10:17 AM

I see Slim Pickens riding it and waving a cowboy hat.

XFozzboute 2nd Oct 2010 08:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Since I finished the two Nells I thought Iíd get started on the Amarillo. Still deciding if I should include the missile launchers or not. Not really sure how to go about it.

XFozzboute 4th Nov 2010 12:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Added the airlocks and RCS system.
I've got all the panel lines done and the impulse engines are now part of the ship.
I've got started on the missile launchers. Here you can see one side with the doors open and the other side with the doors closed.

Ignus Fast 5th Nov 2010 08:58 AM

I really like that last one - at least, what I can see of it. Site keeps getting DB errors.

XFozzboute 5th Nov 2010 05:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks. And they are working DB errors.:nuts:

UPDATE...
I think the build on this ship is done. I might still change the main side cannons but I have not decided yet.

The missile bay doors are closed.

The missile bays are open and the launchers are retracted. I've included some dummy missiles.

The missile bays are open and the launchers are extended for launch.

This is a look at the scale of the ships I've made so far.

XFozzboute 9th Nov 2010 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Started to texture the ship. Iím trying to limit the amount of dirt and stuff that I normally do. It still needs a few tweaks because some of it is too much and some of it isnít enough.

XFozzboute 12th Nov 2010 09:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
I finished off the warp engine textures and started on the secondary hull.:tu:

XFozzboute 18th Nov 2010 08:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
The secondary hull textures are done and the ones for the belly cannon are nearly there.

I forgot to add the 33 to the texture on top of the secondary hull last time so I've done it this time.

Started to texture the back of the primary hull. Ignore the purple on the side it's not going to stay that way.

How it looks so far with the rest of the ship.

Rigel 18th Nov 2010 09:41 PM

It's looking good so far.

Professor Moriarty 19th Nov 2010 09:14 AM

That is one tough-looking little ship. I love the squat proportions of Masao's designs, and you're definitely doing his work justice!

(and p.s., I never would have questioned the purple if you hadn't said something... another thing I love about Masao's work is that it's so colorful!)

XFozzboute 24th Mar 2011 03:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
UPDATE...
Itís been awhile since Iíve worked on this ship so I took a look at it again. All I really need to do is finish up a few textures and Iím done.
And a sneek peek at the Krechet.

tonabrix 28th Mar 2011 02:35 AM

Is the blue indent section aft of the impulse exhausts going to be an emergency separation line from the warp engine? Its a brilliant innovation if it is. I do love the way these designs are so very detailed in every conceivable way. Tremendous work, very well done.

Rigel 28th Mar 2011 09:57 AM

Question: can you put these up beside the Enterprise for a scale comparison?

XFozzboute 1st Apr 2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonabrix (Post 190054)
Is the blue indent section aft of the impulse exhausts going to be an emergency separation line from the warp engine? Its a brilliant innovation if it is. I do love the way these designs are so very detailed in every conceivable way. Tremendous work, very well done.

I never intended it to a separation line. I just thought it looked good that way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigel (Post 190151)
Question: can you put these up beside the Enterprise for a scale comparison?

I actually don't have an Enterprise mesh.:nuts:

Rigel 2nd Apr 2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFozzboute (Post 190677)
I never intended it to a separation line. I just thought it looked good that way.

I actually don't have an Enterprise mesh.:nuts:

Check the resources. There's several in there.

:)