Foundation 3D Forums

Foundation 3D Forums (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/index.php)
-   Showcase (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   awesome Mix vol. 1 (http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18963)

doncha_magoso 4th May 2015 11:04 AM

awesome Mix vol. 1

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the final render and some wires :)

biotech 4th May 2015 11:16 AM

Great work, I wanted to do something like this ever since GOTG came out, but never found the time.

bmckain 4th May 2015 12:49 PM

Sweet, pop that puppy in a deck and let's hear some tunes.

overseer 4th May 2015 03:04 PM

Very nice! It looks awesome and absolutely real. Great work. The sad part is, that I've already encountered people who have never used one in their life (or could understand the correlation between a tape and a pencil for that matter...).

RedTed 5th May 2015 07:05 AM

Outstanding! :tu:

John Marchant 6th May 2015 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overseer (Post 305173)
Very nice! It looks awesome and absolutely real. Great work. The sad part is, that I've already encountered people who have never used one in their life (or could understand the correlation between a tape and a pencil for that matter...).

Well that would be showing your age then wouldn't it. :):):):):)

amdfe 6th May 2015 05:53 PM

Please include track listing ;)

Starbase1 7th May 2015 06:34 AM

Not the obvious modeling subject from GoG, but I like it!

doncha_magoso 11th May 2015 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Apply some dirt and scratches and I guess it looks better now :P

I used After Effects to edit and color correct the original render, some masks to separate the new wood texture, that was applied to multiply on the original one, added some more shadows and that's it :)

lonewriter 11th May 2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overseer (Post 305173)

You and me both, my nephew had never seen one before I showed him. I am also old enough to remember using 8 track tapes. :jawdrop:

I remember making mix tapes for my girlfriend back in high school in the 80's, way back in the day when you had to wait for the song to come on the radio or have a double cassette player. Thanks for the memories. Nice job. What is GOG?

Rigel 12th May 2015 08:09 AM

GOG = Guardians of the Galaxy.

That last image looks totally real Doncha.

I'm old enough to remember being the first family in our neighbourhood to get one of the new fangled tape cassette recorders when they came out in the early 1970's. :) Eight track was much later (and didn't work worth a damn).

doncha_magoso 12th May 2015 09:39 AM

Thanks for the comments guys :D

overseer 12th May 2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Marchant (Post 305260)
Well that would be showing your age then wouldn't it. :):):):):)

Yep! All those children whining about ot enough space for their MP3s on their rechargable smartphones... try fitting stuff on a cassette an dealing with AA batteries in a walkman and when they start getting low... ;)

Treybor 13th May 2015 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overseer (Post 305649)
Yep! All those children whining about ot enough space for their MP3s on their rechargable smartphones... try fitting stuff on a cassette an dealing with AA batteries in a walkman and when they start getting low... ;)

Totally got that.....:rolleyes::evil:
Excellent work Doncha.

bmckain 2nd Jun 2015 02:26 PM

I don't know how you guys do it but every month is a challenge to decide who makes the front-page. Some of you had multiple images, each of which could and should have been there. So here's a huge congrats on this being one of the images for this months change over.

doncha_magoso 5th Jun 2015 08:24 PM

Yeeeey!!!! :D

Thanks a lot for the nice comments and for the front page :D

:D

The Animaniac 24th Jun 2016 03:22 AM

Press Play on Tape! That looks 100% Real, great Work!:tu: