View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2016, 06:54 AM   #37
lightborne
Premiere Member

Gallery
Cinema 4D Illustrator Photoshop After Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by David cgc View Post
Well, I'm clearly going to have to step it up for my next batch of window boxes.

The saucer rim windows are going to be a real beast. The ship gets real cramped in that area, and the Rec Deck in TMP (the only part we saw on screen) just made the whole thing much larger than the scale of the rest of the model would imply. I ended up making everything 75% of its normal height on the assumption that the windows were small enough that no one would ever notice.

I figured if I ever did a "meant-to-be-seen-from-the-inside" movie-era Enterprise, I'd just not worry about reconciling the interior and exterior and scale the middle decks of the saucer to match the rec deck set. Make everything nice and roomy.
I think you did a great job! As you can probably tell, I am using your window boxes as a guide and attempting to fit them into my model. I'm using the actual exterior hull of my model to create the inner-outer walls (if that makes sense). The thing I wanted to add to Deck 2 is the computer core. I noticed on the deck plans that there was some form of opening that would reveal the computer core on that deck. I'm using some artistic license and making that opening a pair of sliding glass doors. I'll have a few renders later and I'd love to hear what you think of that.

My idea is to model out whatever you can see from the windows until you hit a wall or a door or whatever. So some things will be more elaborate and some things will be very simple.
lightborne is offline   Reply With Quote