View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2016, 07:01 AM   #49
lightborne
Premiere Member

Gallery
Cinema 4D Illustrator Photoshop After Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by David cgc View Post
There should be a Table of Comets in that pile of books for Spock to ignore.

I'm really digging that Mr. Scott's Guide Food Slot. I don't think I've seen it modeled before.

I assumed the theater was a live performance space (we saw one in TOS in "The Conscience of the King" that seemed to be a purpose-built (and much larger than the chapel from "Balance of Terror." IIRC, the theatre was the engineering set, and the chapel was the briefing room. It does make sense for them to be the same space.
Thanks for the comments! I really enjoyed making the food processors. I need to tweak the overall scale of those. I think they look a little small to me.

Just for sanity's sake, I've been building these elements separately and then I bring them into my main Enterprise model. As a result, I think some sizes got screwy. I'm trying to keep everything at the same scale as best I can, but sometimes what looks big in one room looks small in another. After everything is built I plan on going in and making sure everything is to scale.

In fact there's a lot of tweaking that needs to be done once everything is built, but I'm the kind of person who likes to get something about 80% done and then move on to something else. If I don't do that, I end up getting bored and won't finish anything. So there's a lot of tedious, technical work that'll need to be done once all the modeling is complete. But I think it's coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely.
lightborne is offline   Reply With Quote