Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Works in Progress Critique works in progress, 2D 3D and animations

Old 10th Jul 2017, 05:49 AM   #1141
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Well put paid to that, new bit welded into the old bits and some sticky film and glue has put some old parts onto the new. Still will have to rebuild a lot of stuff such as the interiors but least that obs room was saved heh. Added a 2 pair of lifeboats as well. HOWEVER, I might make a pass through to the main shuttle bay or the internal repair bay vs the service bays that were there. As mentioned engine core stuff might interfere with the service bays and not allow them to be rebuilt.

Interior layout and volume for stuff. Service bays are too larger or would have to wrap around the core, something I would rather not do.

Old 11th Jul 2017, 02:03 AM   #1142
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Drop down bays and I managed to get the service bays in. They wont be as large as before but they clear most of the other internals to be included. I do need to reassign materials as it is looking a bit mish/mash ATM as I was just applying whatever to it for now.

Old 14th Jul 2017, 10:42 PM   #1143
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

OK new struts. While some of the decals are displaying differently everything but the vents and those ribs are restored. Reason this was done was due to that tapering in of the strut thickness bothered me WAY too much, not to mention some of the shaping bothered me. Most of the old shape was to try to deal with how the flat face changes on a strut as it swoops forward and then curves upward. If not square to the model you get some funny angles. The old arrangement created a really steep sweep forward angle I did not like.

Old 15th Jul 2017, 07:29 AM   #1144
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Aft vents are back in as well as some additional decals and details. Front vents should be in by now but DISTRACTIONS lol, guess it gives me something to work on tomorrow. PFT.
I am a bit tempted to add some lip windows on the shuttle bay strip. I think it is thick enough for a 10ft ceiling and allow for deck thickness.

Old 15th Jul 2017, 05:59 PM   #1145
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

ok 25min and the front vents are in. Also a render of the rear again as I chamfered up some stuff that was lacking since the last update.

Old 16th Jul 2017, 11:15 PM   #1146
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Detached things in back as sections and remapped them to get rid of the ugly stretched maps. Dug out some of the details on the undercut and finally got to those annoying windows in the lower saucer. All that remains for windows is the secondary hull which wont has as many as this section is mostly mechanical crap. Oh and I added the shield grids for the underside of the struts. Not a fan of strut based weapons but plan is to stick a pair of shorts on the upper strut area like the Ambassador and Galaxy had.

I do need to work on getting the materials under control. Such as unifying the strut plates to the saucer. Sadly all the blues look damn near the same in preview. Max is also playing games as I select anything with the eyedropper it clones it and creates a copy of the material instead of pulling it up so that I can have all the materials instanced vs copied where if I make a adjustment it only occurs on a single object. RRRRR. Maybe something has gone crackpot with the scene. I have been tempted to wipe everything and start applying materials one by one from scratch. But eugh the thought of wasting at least 2 weeks doing that is not making me enthusiastic about it.
Old 17th Jul 2017, 08:45 AM   #1147
DangerousDac
Registered Member
 Gallery
Bryce Cinema 4D Maya Modo Terragen Vue ZBrush Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkoifish View Post
Cool make sure to post a WIP when you get printing. I think people here would be interested to see a project like that. It will be interesting to see how she prints out and holds up as I never had static models in mind when making the things.

I am in touch with someone who uses a formlabs unit and want to produce some resin kits cast off the prints.The Daedalus is one of the ones I am considering. Though I have others Id like to do. They will likely be in 1/1000 scale that matches the smaller polar lights trek stuff. Others I am considering are the Mughi (cargo ship) Wedge Trek, The above klingon (dunno how it would print) and one of the Balmung versions. Least these are the ones I would want for myself. A lot of others I would want to do would be huge at 1/1000 IE the Onimaru. I think that would be something like 24" and would if I went with them require printing at a higher scale.

Pm is turned off on many of the forums as most of the pms I get are people begging for meshes or wanting free stuff done. Posting here works to get a hold of me.

probably the closest I have posted for orthos
https://bolidecascade.files.wordpres...s-info-04b.jpg
I understand people wanting meshes, so no problems there.

I did print it a while back on my Zortrax M200 FDM printer at varying scales and resolutions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/raQqAGsV4KQc7DXJ3
This is at an "Eaglemoss" Scale of around 5 inches.

And this is a much larger 12 inch long version.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bRXaCar8hkADYeq92
DangerousDac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2017, 11:53 PM   #1148
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Bit of an extra for no reason,
Old 18th Jul 2017, 01:47 PM   #1149
Treybor
Asylum Inmate

Gallery
LightWave Poser ZBrush Photoshop Premiere

As per usual, your attention to detail is fantastic.
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1281

SubPatch Modeling Tutorial (Nudity Warning)
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3445
Treybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2017, 07:19 AM   #1150
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

I like how this ship has evolved from the first version.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress