Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Cafe IMP, LLC, owners of this site, is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules and use good internet etiquette (link). Discuss topics of your choice in the Cafe only, with the exception of sex or topics deemed inappropriate for family consumption. Discussions of politics and religion are discouraged due to their volatile nature; however, each thread will be judged individually for content (religion and politics) and will not be shut down immediately. Staff retains the right to close or delete any post which they deem inappropriate. Threads or posts that advocate violence or hate, advance spam, or violate our TOS will be deleted or closed.

Old 13th Sep 2017, 12:11 PM   #1
bmckain
Wire Junkie

Gallery
Bryce LightWave Poser Vue Photoshop

Default Ships with Interiors

I have to give a shout out to a lot of guys I've seen building ships with interiors. I've seen them on FB and here. And Jeez guys, you are killing it. And you are doing it so damned quick. I feel like I had a small part in perhaps inspiring people to do that with the 1701 build I did but I am seriously impressed with the work I am seeing of such detail. True it's easier to do with computers and programs that will handle so many more polys. But it's a lot of detail and sometimes hair pulling work to get things to fit properly. So, my hats off to you all. Damned cool, damned cool! You all know who you are, I'm not making a laundry list that leaves someone out, learned a long time ago in a galaxy far far away..
Old 14th Sep 2017, 03:49 AM   #2
Crook
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen ZBrush Photoshop After Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmckain View Post
I have to give a shout out to a lot of guys I've seen building ships with interiors. I've seen them on FB and here. And Jeez guys, you are killing it. And you are doing it so damned quick. I feel like I had a small part in perhaps inspiring people to do that with the 1701 build I did but I am seriously impressed with the work I am seeing of such detail. True it's easier to do with computers and programs that will handle so many more polys. But it's a lot of detail and sometimes hair pulling work to get things to fit properly. So, my hats off to you all. Damned cool, damned cool! You all know who you are, I'm not making a laundry list that leaves someone out, learned a long time ago in a galaxy far far away..
You know, I'm sure there are great renders (WIP and finished) that a lot of us just miss. I know we had the pic of the month / banner stuff but when things get on a more even keel maybe a monthly roundup of great pictures with links to the threads from whence they came? A 'best of F3D' for the month maybe? Doesn't have to be comprehensive, just a first page in a thread that has it all collated.
Old 14th Sep 2017, 04:38 AM   #3
Dark Lane
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Maya Modo ZBrush Illustrator Corel Paint Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Id second, third and fourth that idea...
Old 14th Sep 2017, 07:26 AM   #4
bmckain
Wire Junkie

Gallery
Bryce LightWave Poser Vue Photoshop

It's true, there's a ton of stuff out there. And I am really sorry the site has suffered so much while I was recovering. That is really on me. I was just too much of a control freak. Hard to let others do things and trust them to do it. That has changed. As I go forward I will be looking to let the staff lead. They have already been leading for a while now. I have had no choice but to trust others to do things. All we need is just a little vision and let people do what they do.
Old 14th Sep 2017, 07:50 AM   #5
John Marchant
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender LightWave Terragen Vue Photoshop Premiere

Yes there are some impressive interiors and especially the Star Trek interiors done by some.
John Marchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2017, 02:14 PM   #6
Crook
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen ZBrush Photoshop After Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmckain View Post
It's true, there's a ton of stuff out there. And I am really sorry the site has suffered so much while I was recovering. That is really on me. I was just too much of a control freak. Hard to let others do things and trust them to do it. That has changed. As I go forward I will be looking to let the staff lead. They have already been leading for a while now. I have had no choice but to trust others to do things. All we need is just a little vision and let people do what they do.
I wouldn't worry about it. This is your party and we're all glad to be invited
Old 18th Sep 2017, 02:15 PM   #7
lonewriter
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max Blender Bryce LightWave Terragen Vue Illustrator Photoshop

I love interiors. The Nova class interiors in the mesh section are great.
lonewriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe