Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Cafe IMP, LLC, owners of this site, is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules and use good internet etiquette (link). Discuss topics of your choice in the Cafe only, with the exception of sex or topics deemed inappropriate for family consumption. Discussions of politics and religion are discouraged due to their volatile nature; however, each thread will be judged individually for content (religion and politics) and will not be shut down immediately. Staff retains the right to close or delete any post which they deem inappropriate. Threads or posts that advocate violence or hate, advance spam, or violate our TOS will be deleted or closed.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th Jun 2018, 05:57 AM   #301
Harbinger
Registered Member
 
Harbinger's Avatar
 Gallery
LightWave
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 272
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tension69 View Post
Gratz m8, well done. I was the 10th person to visit Sag A*

Onward to Beagle Point ! - I was 64th there
I'm thinking about setting a course for Beagle Point, but not sure my Asp has a high enough jump range. It's just below 40LY... Do you think I can make it?
__________________
4K/VR Gaming PC
i7 2600K, 16Gb, GTX 1070, 512Gb SSD, 500Gb SSD, 8.5Tb HDDs, LG BD-RE, Oculus Rift / Touch

1080p Gaming PC
i5 3470, 16Gb, GTX 1050Ti, 500Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, ASUS BD-RE

Gaming Laptop
i7 4710MQ, 16Gb, GTX 860M, 500Gb SSD

Convertible Laptop
Surface Book

Tablet
Surface Pro 4
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2018, 10:15 AM   #302
tension69
Registered Member
 
tension69's Avatar
 Gallery
LightWave Terragen Photoshop
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Nr Swindon Uk
Posts: 593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I'm thinking about setting a course for Beagle Point, but not sure my Asp has a high enough jump range. It's just below 40LY... Do you think I can make it?
Should be fine, though don't go direct, what I mean is go slightly right of centre when travelling to the outer arm. If you try and go to the left the stars there are spread a little thinner and you may end up back tracking a lot.

Mind you the plotter is waaay better than when I made the journey (only plotted 1k). When I went to Sag A* the first time I had to plot every jump manually near the centre

You should be able to plot from the inner to outer arm way in advance. Just do it

And GL
__________________
SpacialKatana on YouTube
Lightwave2015.3 * i7-4770*Win7 64Bit * 2TB HDD * 16GB DDR3 * Asus GTX780 Ti OC
tension69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2018, 11:17 AM   #303
Harbinger
Registered Member
 
Harbinger's Avatar
 Gallery
LightWave
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tension69 View Post
Should be fine, though don't go direct, what I mean is go slightly right of centre when travelling to the outer arm. If you try and go to the left the stars there are spread a little thinner and you may end up back tracking a lot.

Mind you the plotter is waaay better than when I made the journey (only plotted 1k). When I went to Sag A* the first time I had to plot every jump manually near the centre

You should be able to plot from the inner to outer arm way in advance. Just do it

And GL
I'll give it a go, but probably won't jump back into the cockpit until at least Friday evening.

Yeah, the ability to plot a 20,000 LY route is a vast improvement!
__________________
4K/VR Gaming PC
i7 2600K, 16Gb, GTX 1070, 512Gb SSD, 500Gb SSD, 8.5Tb HDDs, LG BD-RE, Oculus Rift / Touch

1080p Gaming PC
i5 3470, 16Gb, GTX 1050Ti, 500Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, ASUS BD-RE

Gaming Laptop
i7 4710MQ, 16Gb, GTX 860M, 500Gb SSD

Convertible Laptop
Surface Book

Tablet
Surface Pro 4
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jun 2018, 01:49 AM   #304
Amras
Contributing Member
 
Amras's Avatar
 Gallery
Cinema 4D Photoshop
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany (NRW)
Posts: 1,568
Default

I am waiting for the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. I won't go out there again before the last exploration updated for the game.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Sign-Up-Thread

Spending all the time till then to max out the jumprange of my explorer cutter. I am at 40ly now and think thats the best i can get. At least without the Guardian FSD booster.
__________________
Portfolio: DA-portfolio
My B5 models: googledocs
My garden diary: Hossenhof
Elite Dangerous: Inara
Amras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2018, 05:33 AM   #305
Harbinger
Registered Member
 
Harbinger's Avatar
 Gallery
LightWave
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras View Post
I am waiting for the Distant Worlds 2 expedition. I won't go out there again before the last exploration updated for the game.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...Sign-Up-Thread

Spending all the time till then to max out the jumprange of my explorer cutter. I am at 40ly now and think thats the best i can get. At least without the Guardian FSD booster.
I don't have a high enough Imperial rank (Baron) to get a cutter, and I'm only a Lieutenant in the Federal Navy, so it'll be a while before I can get a Corvette. Still, the combination of Asp Explorer and Anaconda is good enough for me at the moment.
__________________
4K/VR Gaming PC
i7 2600K, 16Gb, GTX 1070, 512Gb SSD, 500Gb SSD, 8.5Tb HDDs, LG BD-RE, Oculus Rift / Touch

1080p Gaming PC
i5 3470, 16Gb, GTX 1050Ti, 500Gb SSD, 1Tb HDD, ASUS BD-RE

Gaming Laptop
i7 4710MQ, 16Gb, GTX 860M, 500Gb SSD

Convertible Laptop
Surface Book

Tablet
Surface Pro 4
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 PM.


2006 - 2013 Foundation 3D