Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Works in Progress Critique works in progress, 2D 3D and animations

Old 11th Feb 2020, 08:07 AM   #1801
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Second lesson of win10, lock all network shares and disable full access or it will delete anything it THINKS is bad. Including anything with the word KEY or GEN. Lost a list of software keys and licenses I use for copy paste vs reading type on a crapload of dvds and cds i cannot even use on most pcs here. Also likely lost some images and files, god only knows as I had close to 6tb of shared folders. Still have not found what it is that is doing this to stop it so I might have wasted 1500usd on a pc I cannot connect up to my network for fear of it running amuck in a worse fashion than any VIRUS or Mallware I have ever had on a system INCLUDING blaster.

Can clearly say it is not Storage sense, and not defender as all of that bullshit is turned off. Installing winrar and amd drivers was enough to turn that crap off. Hell just copying the exe files was annoying enough.
Old 11th Feb 2020, 08:14 AM   #1802
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmckain View Post
Thanks for the details on the pulse.

And, you are a braver man then I. Win 10, nope, not yet.

And from the sounds of it, there are some items to work around already.
Well sadly if you want hardware newer than a intel 6 series cpu your stuck with it. Want anything faster than a 500mbps ssd, win10. Want drivers that wont crap on you or act all strange, win10. Want anything amd or related to most new hdw. . . . win10. Most stuff will not work at all in win8, more so than win7 but I have run into a lot of issues of late and some are ones that are creeping into win7 without me doing anything. Apps that ran for decades with mo issue in the last year have started acting up or wont install in new installs of win7. Go fig. MS since vista or was it some ver of NT has had backdoor access to turn off things and update crap. So I do not doubt they are doing crap to stop people using win7 and 8.

Atm the last post is the one HUGE NO NO in my book deleting files on the fly without notice or permission. Doing so over the network has me considering sending everything back to amazon. If not eating the costs and throwing it all out.

OK sucks but I think I got it by disabling defender completely, did not want to but no way in hell do I approve of anything auto deleting shit without permission. EXP if it is just a txt file with Software_keys.txt. Thank god I have multiple copies of this or I would spend hours redoing it. Also deleted some images in my wallpapers dir on that share too. gen_yamato-2160.jpg and a few others that shared typical wares names in the file name. Real bullshit.

other than constantly finding WTFH things to turn off, I mean it acts worse than my phone. Wanting location, downloading MAPS and other crap. The only real nasties I have found is that blocking of files and annoyance of having to unblock each file or deal with code in powershell. Had to in the end change a group edit setting, basicly caving into the naghell and turning off a security feature. And this deleting files it thinks are bad cause of a name or words in the file. Sucks I have to remove sources of security I enjoyed in win7 and win8 and were benign and did crap in the background but sheesh.

Oh maybe the odd login screen/homepage foolery is another. I got this landscape anime image stuck there now and it wont change to anything else! It is more of a bug I think.
Trust though with my work files is waning though. Can I really trust it with my 3d files? My art archives? a open network of fileshares. I mean it is a real PITA to have to get up and move watched shows or something I am accessing over the network to a read dir or elsewhere. But if I have to do that to keep a rouge os from deleting shit it thinks is best deleted on me well FF****.

Oh yeah taskmanager is $HIT. Well it was in win8, bloody hated it in win8 and win10 is just as bad. Wall of mess you have to sort through and no matter what sorting it is in stuff bounces around a lot so selecting a service to kill is downright annoying at times. EXP when it is a failing installer and it is looping other exe in a attempt to finish what it is doing and having problems because the os keep deleting it or blocking it!

OH LINUX if you only had abilities to run wot I want and not be a PITFA and act like something worse than win3.11. I am not going back to writing INI files or custom DLLs

Does not help I almost tossed all the cats into a crate for a trip down to happy tails, spend hours cleaning piss out of the carpet for the 5th time and everything reaks of cat piss to me. I think one of these enzyme cleaners has the same smell so I cannot tell anymore. I love the animals but ugh, I hate mammal piss. I clean the 4 litter boxes at least every day cause of it.
Old 11th Feb 2020, 12:42 PM   #1803
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Busy here attempting to get something decent out of Vray.
Boy aircooler suck! WHIRRRRRR and 81c. . . .
first go had hope except the huge white thing in the sky that was the light I used. . .

latter attempts are a bit meh, slots and settings are the same but results are far from it. Does not help I am using 2019 and stock set up so everything is awkward. Attempting atm to get my hdri back in render but all I do and noting happens. Getting subtle hull stuff is well the render says plenty on that front HAH

Might have to reinstall max as I think I deselected some options as all the tut stuff is missing as well as scene files max comes with. Might have disabled something when I thought it was junk extra baggage for software I do not use. :SHRUG

Also thinking of installing 17 to gain access to MR even if it is crap to test render times and as a way to ease into it but then again it could be too much of a way to ease back into using it. -_-. need to move on I think but vray eliminates a lot of the ways I got used to working least in the rendering and lighting sides of things. Materials and the like the UI is very much the same and it is able to use the standard shaders such as COMPOSITE that arnold is just divorced from.

anyhow renders are me just banging away and clicking things vs using any tuts to figure out what some of the terms mean in it.
Old 11th Feb 2020, 03:16 PM   #1804
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Well here is another go after figuring out hdri stuff and still fighting exposure and shadows/contrast/ambient. Having to resort to the auto exp setting in the renderer, while results look good they suck because if I select a section of the render it will have a different level of contrast and ambient light. Because well it auto exposes for what is rendered not the entire scene. So need to fix that. As for materials I think I found a way to convert my MR stuff to vray then I can fine tune.

I also do not get more than half the render time as it seems to not be improving the render at all. ATM it is some overall updating vs a bucket, but this is roughly whatever vray had set up from the start except anything I mucked with so there might be better settings I have yet to find.

Think I picked up something while cleaning that cat piss that or from pulling the carpet and finding all sorts of GROSS underneath, so I need to go lay down and give this a rest.

vray has some neat tools like in viewport rendering and lq renders in viewport. Sadly gpu render is totally ****ing useless as it is CUDA only. More reasons to sadly retire this 570. Though I dunno probably pushing the 3900x will get me output much faster than a 2060 or maybe if I am a prick a 2070. Real draw back is the same with MR at times and with arnold. Viewports are clearly made for some other tool. Often in vray atm it is blown out or atm everything is translucentish, It is like Xray mode. Go fig.

Auto saves sadly are just annoyingly slow and well, annoying. Oh well. Issue is I will once things get moved not have a server that keeps bluescreening every 5 hours. Probably in 8 to 10 hrs I might have more to show.
Old 11th Feb 2020, 06:41 PM   #1805
tension69
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen Photoshop

Sounds like you're having a right nightmare MKF, hope you get sorted fella, nothing worse than PC problems when trying to be creative.

I had to ditch my old PC last year and forked out for a RTX2080 OC - absolute beast for gaming, utter crap for Lightwave, no discernable difference over the old GTX 780Ti

Your work , as always, is inspiring.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress