Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Cafe IMP, LLC, owners of this site, is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules and use good internet etiquette (link). Discuss topics of your choice in the Cafe only, with the exception of sex or topics deemed inappropriate for family consumption. Discussions of politics and religion are discouraged due to their volatile nature; however, each thread will be judged individually for content (religion and politics) and will not be shut down immediately. Staff retains the right to close or delete any post which they deem inappropriate. Threads or posts that advocate violence or hate, advance spam, or violate our TOS will be deleted or closed.

Old 5th Apr 2016, 04:33 AM   #391
John Marchant
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender LightWave Terragen Vue Photoshop Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Just learned about this piece of interesting news concerning Episode VIII...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016...s-episode-viii
Yeah i saw that and interesting, he probably wont be in a funny role sadly, i think EP VII needed a bit more humour, what humour they had was predictable and not really funny.
John Marchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2016, 05:41 AM   #392
John Marchant
Registered Member

Gallery

Talking of what we are watching, anyone watching Walking Dead and what do you think of it. I watch the final one last night with the introduction of Negan, me and the wife were both fans of TWD but to be honest it is now getting to repetitive and dare i say it a bit boring.

Negan's over long, self indulgent speech in the last episode really did the series in for me. I want them to get back to some direction and a little bit more hopeful, now i think they are just dragging it on and on.

I would like them to get back to the zombie threat and how to deal with it and maybe even cure it. Its now at the point were the biggest threat is other humans and not Zombie, they seem to be a by product to cut up and shoot now and again.

Probably wont watch it again.
Old 5th Apr 2016, 08:39 PM   #393
Jessica6
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

John Marchant
The whole finale felt like a regular episode that at the last minute they decided to stretch out to 90 minutes so every scene and situation was stretched to a ridiculous degree.
I had no problem with the Negan long monologue but the way the beating at the end was handled pissed me off.

They've done something in the last two episodes that really bothered me. When Daryl was shot you didn't see him getting hit you just see blood splattered across the lens of the camera and they did the same thing for the last shot of the season. It took me out of moment, it's like, to me, they were acknowledging the camera and the audience. It was a kind of a wink and f-u gimmick to the audience to tell them you'll have to come back again to see what happened.
Jessica6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2016, 10:47 PM   #394
tension69
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica6 View Post

No it's not a sequel, if you go in expecting an action movie you'll be disappointed.

If you stretch it you could make a connection of a sort to the other Cloverfield, but nothing directly and this one doesn't have the hand held camera.
Thanks for reply, I give it a miss.
Old 6th Apr 2016, 12:45 AM   #395
lonewriter
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max Blender Bryce LightWave Terragen Vue Illustrator Photoshop

I just finished watching the blu Ray of Star Wars The Force Awakens. Yes, I saw it when it premiered in December but this time I can watch it anytime in my chair and hit pause to go pee! I also watched The Last Witch Hunter from Netflix starring Vin Diesal, I would not recommend it. I'm about to watch another Netflix rental, the Martian. I'm looking forward to that.
lonewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2016, 03:59 AM   #396
John Marchant
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica6 View Post
John Marchant
The whole finale felt like a regular episode that at the last minute they decided to stretch out to 90 minutes so every scene and situation was stretched to a ridiculous degree.
I had no problem with the Negan long monologue but the way the beating at the end was handled pissed me off.

They've done something in the last two episodes that really bothered me. When Daryl was shot you didn't see him getting hit you just see blood splattered across the lens of the camera and they did the same thing for the last shot of the season. It took me out of moment, it's like, to me, they were acknowledging the camera and the audience. It was a kind of a wink and f-u gimmick to the audience to tell them you'll have to come back again to see what happened.
Yes they do seem to get going for these gimmicky cliff hangers, also like with Glenn's death or not. After the last episode me and the wife looked at each other and just said, that's it we are finished with it. If they follow the comics everyone knows who dies, however there is a character that is not in the comics and maybe it will be them.

Its just rehashing the next bad guy/group and as i said the importance now seems to be on bad humans not on Walking Dead. I would like to see some direction, when it started there was a journey and maybe some hope so you cared about the characters. Once it was known the hope was fake then to be honest i started to care less and less about many of the characters indeed some i wanted to see the back of.

Anyway its a personal choice but for me and the wife its done.

This has been coming for a bit now it was just after the last episode we both agreed it was time to leave.
Old 7th Apr 2016, 09:28 AM   #397
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

"The Force Awakens" now that it came out on dvd. I must be getting old, or jaded, or something. It was ok. Overall it just felt... predictable. Like I've seen the major points 2 or 3 times now in this universe. There were some fun bits, and I was mostly entertained. Some of the scenes were a little too over the top - Poe in his x-wing shooting everything effortlessly: swatting ties like flies, ground troops, did they need to bring anybody else? Jeez....
Force powers bordering on video-game level silliness. Ren is so absolute badass that I expected them to show him pulling a star destroyer out of orbit for kicks. That kind of silly. Yet he gets his ass handed to him by a guy who's never touched a lightsabre before and a girl who appears to be the force personified but has no clue about it.

Then there's Luke doing his best "Old Obi-Wan" impression at the end. Why does this just scream he's going to do the same sacrifice that Ben did in Star Wars on the death star?

I couldn't shake the feeling that I was watching a fan film on YouTube.

And just for me: damnit, why did Ford have to get old?
DigitalOrigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2016, 10:25 AM   #398
Tenement 01
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop After Effects Premiere

I just watched the Rogue One trailer and it makes me wish that I had a time machine that would hurry towards Christmas as it's classic Star Wars time with proper X-Wings and proper Stormtroopers and not the Apple knock off.
Tenement 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2016, 03:17 PM   #399
Treybor
Asylum Inmate

Gallery
LightWave Poser ZBrush Photoshop Premiere

watched the Rogue One trailer
watched "SW: The Force Awakens" on Bluray
watched "Crimson Peak" -- which I really enjoyed but found a bit predictable
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1281

SubPatch Modeling Tutorial (Nudity Warning)
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3445
Treybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Apr 2016, 11:33 PM   #400
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOrigami View Post
And just for me: damnit, why did Ford have to get old?
Because he's suffering from Life, a fatal, sexually transmitted disease.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2016, 09:07 AM   #401
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel View Post
Because he's suffering from Life, a fatal, sexually transmitted disease.

lol, yeah, I seem to have contracted that one myself.
Old 9th Apr 2016, 08:39 AM   #402
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Quote:
lol, yeah, I seem to have contracted that one myself.
Guilty!

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
Old 9th Apr 2016, 09:00 AM   #403
D-Jota
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Paint Shop Pro Photoshop

Beverly Hills Cop II

I bet nobody saw that coming!
Old 14th Apr 2016, 03:25 AM   #404
Omnipotent
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max LightWave Modo Vue ZBrush Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Hardcore Henry

10/10 would recomend and will watch again!

Old 14th Apr 2016, 06:59 AM   #405
Crook
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen ZBrush Photoshop After Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Jota View Post
Beverly Hills Cop II

I bet nobody saw that coming!
Johnny Wishbone would have.
Old 15th Apr 2016, 06:52 PM   #406
D-Jota
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crook View Post
Johnny Wishbone would have.
Very good (haha!!)
Old 17th Apr 2016, 10:12 AM   #407
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Watched Terminator: Genisys on Netflix last night. I found it surprisingly entertaining considering the bad rap it got when it played in the theatres. It was certainly better than the previous movie.

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
Old 17th Apr 2016, 05:42 PM   #408
D-Jota
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Watched Terminator: Genisys on Netflix last night. I found it surprisingly entertaining considering the bad rap it got when it played in the theatres. It was certainly better than the previous movie.
I love all the Terminator movies, including this one (and the previous one!) and I don't even berate Terminator 3. Make of that what you will; maybe I'm easily entertained.

In my opinion the bad rap that these movies have scored on their more recent releases stems from the fact that Terminator 2 has already done and said it all! It did it in style too. Not only is T2 the most entertaining of the Terminator movies but it's arguably one of the most fun sci-fi action flicks of all time! -- I'm not sure how they would ever top it.

I'm up for them to continue trying though, for sure.
Old 17th Apr 2016, 06:49 PM   #409
overseer
Premiere Member

Gallery
Bryce LightWave Vue Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Quote:
I also thought it was absolutely OK. From a CG stand-point, the re-creation of the opening scene from Terminator 1 alone was worth watching it. That was top notch!
Old 21st Apr 2016, 07:41 AM   #410
Sastrei
Registered Member
 Gallery
Blender Photoshop

Just saw Jungle Book last night. Holy smokes that team just raised the bar on CG animals and environments. I noticed one apparent logic error in some scene placement, and one glaringly obvious composite error (Akila's foot is right in front of Mowgli, and isn't blended into the environment or lighting at all), but honestly if it hadn't been for Mowgli running around (most of the time he has that "stage lighting" feel), I wouldn't have known what was real and what wasn't.

Scratch that, I'm still not entirely sure what was real and what wasn't because there is a great scene in there where Mowgli is hugging Rahksha's head, and mussing her fur, and it's raining. Logic tells me it has to be a physical prop of some sort, but I think it was CG, and it looked totally perfect.

Also, they have a pangolin. He's quite possibly my favorite character. And the end credits are hilariously awesome.
Sastrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2016, 09:15 AM   #411
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

Just watched "Ghost In The Shell: The New Movie". I enjoyed it, but the story was a bit weak. Or else I'm getting burned out on the series, not sure which.

The CGI is excellent, if you've seen previous iterations, you know what to expect. The story follows on the "Arise" miniseries (although you don't need to have seen it to enjoy the movie). Kusanagi's eyes still weird me out - the Arise look is just too odd for me - they really stand out. Other than that, I enjoy the "prequel"-ness of it, with a section 9 that is not yet a section 9 (but getting there) and all that entails. Fun ride as usual.
Old 24th Apr 2016, 10:53 PM   #412
lonewriter
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sastrei View Post
Just saw Jungle Book last night. Holy smokes that team just raised the bar on CG animals and environments. I noticed one apparent logic error in some scene placement, and one glaringly obvious composite error (Akila's foot is right in front of Mowgli, and isn't blended into the environment or lighting at all), but honestly if it hadn't been for Mowgli running around (most of the time he has that "stage lighting" feel), I wouldn't have known what was real and what wasn't.

Scratch that, I'm still not entirely sure what was real and what wasn't because there is a great scene in there where Mowgli is hugging Rahksha's head, and mussing her fur, and it's raining. Logic tells me it has to be a physical prop of some sort, but I think it was CG, and it looked totally perfect.

Also, they have a pangolin. He's quite possibly my favorite character. And the end credits are hilariously awesome.
I want to see that, it looks so good plus the animated movie was my favorite when I was a kid.

As for what I just watched was Game of Thrones season 6 premiere, it was incredible. I also watched the behind the scenes from season 5 blu ray set, it's incredible what they do to make this show look so good. I had no idea it's filmed in 3 different countries. Kings Landing is filmed in an old city in Croatia, The Ice Wall is filmed in Ireland and the scenes from across the Narrow Sea is Spain. The cgi is incredible. I love it.
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 09:09 AM   #413
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

I just watched Snowpiercer on Netflix last night. It was a surprisingly enjoyable movie!

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 09:24 AM   #414
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

Finally watched Batman v Superman. I didn't hate it.
Storywise, it was okay. Overall length of the movie was a bit long for me, but not boringly so. I may be the only person on earth that thought Affleck was a decent Batman/Bruce Wayne (loved Jeremy Irons' Alfred) and I could watch a Batman movie. Not overly fond of his apparent willingness to pick up a gun and use it, though, but the darker, edgier thing seems to haunt DC movies - fear of going toe to toe with Marvel's juggernaut I guess. Would have preferred that Batman was a more contemporary age to Supes, but the old guy bit is okay too.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it and am curious to see Justice League, Wonder Woman, whatever else is in the works.
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 10:26 AM   #415
Amras
Contributing Member

Gallery
Cinema 4D Photoshop

Stranger Things.
Watched it in two days on Netflix. I just couldn't stop watching! It was great!
Elite Dangerous: Inara
Amras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 10:43 AM   #416
Starbase1
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender LightWave Modo Poser Terragen Vue Gimp Paint Shop Pro Photoshop

Quote:
Finally watched Batman v Superman. I didn't hate it.
Storywise, it was okay. Overall length of the movie was a bit long for me, but not boringly so. I may be the only person on earth that thought Affleck was a decent Batman/Bruce Wayne (loved Jeremy Irons' Alfred) and I could watch a Batman movie. Not overly fond of his apparent willingness to pick up a gun and use it, though, but the darker, edgier thing seems to haunt DC movies - fear of going toe to toe with Marvel's juggernaut I guess. Would have preferred that Batman was a more contemporary age to Supes, but the old guy bit is okay too.

Anyhow, I enjoyed it and am curious to see Justice League, Wonder Woman, whatever else is in the works.
Hmmm...

I found the soundtrack seriously off putting. No problems with the cast, but seriously over long, and slow paced.

Starbase1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 01:02 PM   #417
GrahamTG
Registered Member

Gallery
Cinema 4D LightWave Terragen Vue Gimp Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras View Post
Stranger Things.
Just discovered this for myself, seriously good stuff.
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 04:15 PM   #418
lonewriter
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras View Post
Stranger Things.
I know what you mean, I loved it. It reminded me of all the 80's movies I loved as a kid. I won't spoil it except for one scene, and it's not important to the story but I loved the part where the bully in the gym gets his due when he is made to pee in his pants in front of the entire school.

Another movie I just watched was London Has Fallen, the sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, it was a fun action movie.

I also watched Batman vs. Superman, I liked it. I thought it was fun and I really enjoyed Wonder Woman.

This is what I did during the Olympics. My next movie is The Huntsman, Winters War.
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 05:17 PM   #419
Meurig

Gallery
LightWave Maya Mudbox ZBrush Paint Shop Pro Photoshop Boujou Digital Fusion Shake Premiere

I don't really get the fuss over Stranger Things. It was fine. People's fanaticism seems to be based solely on nostalgia. This reminds me of something I remember! therefore I like it! The 80's setting was very well realised and the performances were authentic (apart from Winona Ryder who was irritatingly 1-note the whole way through) but the story was derivative, the character progression was obvious. Enjoyable but nothing special.

Unlike BvS which was just toilet water.
Meurig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Aug 2016, 09:28 AM   #420
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

The only real issue with BvS that I didn't like was how easily Wayne gets sucked in by Luthor. Really, the "world's greatest detective" should have seen through that. Story was a bit long and plodding, a little too slow.

But it is a comic book movie, and I went in to it with low expectations and for it to be the set-up for Justice League, etc., so I didn't mind it.

It was no Deadpool, but then again, what is?

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe