Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Cafe IMP, LLC, owners of this site, is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules and use good internet etiquette (link). Discuss topics of your choice in the Cafe only, with the exception of sex or topics deemed inappropriate for family consumption. Discussions of politics and religion are discouraged due to their volatile nature; however, each thread will be judged individually for content (religion and politics) and will not be shut down immediately. Staff retains the right to close or delete any post which they deem inappropriate. Threads or posts that advocate violence or hate, advance spam, or violate our TOS will be deleted or closed.

Old 20th May 2019, 01:31 AM   #391
Tony Gardner
Premiere Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop After Effects

Rigel, you really should carry an AFMU if you're going exploring. They're not just for neutron boost maintenance but also for taking care of damage incurred by the unexpected such as hitting the star when scooping or rough landings. They're an invaluable piece of kit for the serious explorer.
Old 20th May 2019, 05:58 AM   #392
Harbinger
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel View Post
I made Elite Explorer some time ago. Just honk every system you pass through and you'll rank up in no time!

I've taken to posting my adventures on my facebook page, along with screenshots and videos.

I left Explorer's Anchorage about 4 days ago, got about 4k LY out then turned around an went back. I discovered a neutron star and wanted to make sure I got my name on it. I didn't want to risk losing the data in an accident. That was yesterday. Within the span of about 5 to 7 hours (interruptions for Real Life(tm)) I went back to E.A. and back out to where I turned around, then another 1,00 LY beyond that. I'm in Odin's Hold now.

Oh, I also did my first neutron star boosted jumpts yesterday! But I don't carry one of those field repair units, so I won't be doing that too much. It damages your FSD.
I made it to Explorer's Anchorage late on Saturday night, sold the exploration data and made Explorer Elite along with a few more hundred million CR. Planning on making the homeward journey this Bank Holiday weekend...

VR Gaming PC
i7 2600K, 16Gb, GTX 1070, 2x500Gb SSDs, 3x4Tb HDDs, LG BD-RE, Oculus Rift / Touch

1080p Gaming PC
i5 3470, 16Gb, GTX 1050Ti, 2x500Gb SSDs, 1Tb HDD, ASUS BD-RE

Laptops
Surface Book, Surface Laptop and 13" MacBook Pro
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 07:11 AM   #393
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gardner View Post
Rigel, you really should carry an AFMU if you're going exploring. They're not just for neutron boost maintenance but also for taking care of damage incurred by the unexpected such as hitting the star when scooping or rough landings. They're an invaluable piece of kit for the serious explorer.
Other than dinging up the FSD on those neutron jumps, I don't suffer damage exploring. Other than the paint being scoured off by fuel scooping.

During the first few weeks of playing I lost my ship several times. Now that I have the mechanics figured out, I do fine. Until some ganker or NPC pirate jumps me. I suck at combat especially because my ship has no weapons. LOL It's why I play solo and prefer to be out in deep space.

Actually, when I started this trip, I went to "The View", which apparently killed 30 or more ships in the Distant Worlds fleet. I found I had no difficulty in landing on the 3g world. I don't think my Asp has anything special for thrusters. I also had no trouble lifting off.

So I generally don't need the AFMU. But I like doing the neutron star jump if I'm just trying to get from A to B. Jumping 260 LY is better than 63!

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2019, 07:13 AM   #394
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
I made it to Explorer's Anchorage late on Saturday night, sold the exploration data and made Explorer Elite along with a few more hundred million CR. Planning on making the homeward journey this Bank Holiday weekend...
Congratulations and welcome to the Elite corps of explorers!

Now you can go to Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra and buy ships at a nice discount. It sells every ship and every ship module. Hell, that place sells modules I didn't even knew existed!

When I sold my data at E.A., it was just over 197 million total. Exploration is time consuming but it really pays out nicely! It's easy money too.

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
Old 20th May 2019, 10:09 PM   #395
Harbinger
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the Elite corps of explorers!

Now you can go to Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra and buy ships at a nice discount. It sells every ship and every ship module. Hell, that place sells modules I didn't even knew existed!

When I sold my data at E.A., it was just over 197 million total. Exploration is time consuming but it really pays out nicely! It's easy money too.
I actually already have access to Jameson Memorial, since I made it to Trade Elite a little over a year ago. Still only at Combat Master, so have a long way to go before getting triple Elite...

VR Gaming PC
i7 2600K, 16Gb, GTX 1070, 2x500Gb SSDs, 3x4Tb HDDs, LG BD-RE, Oculus Rift / Touch

1080p Gaming PC
i5 3470, 16Gb, GTX 1050Ti, 2x500Gb SSDs, 1Tb HDD, ASUS BD-RE

Laptops
Surface Book, Surface Laptop and 13" MacBook Pro
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2019, 05:46 PM   #396
Jedi2016
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop After Effects

I'm not even sure how much I need to get Trader. Probably closer to getting it in Combat. Got Exploration after my last jaunt.
Old 24th May 2019, 07:01 AM   #397
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

I was working on trader for awhile. Then I got restless and headed out into the black.

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe