Definitely top notch.......as always
Daringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2018, 06:04 AM   #1562
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Thanks
Planet with proper maps and what not applied. Atmo is dim and a bit transparent as I will be applying more in post to create a proper sky color. Clouds, I think the planet is occluding some of them. IE they are submerged into the planet itself. The displacement pushes out the sphere dai no matter how little the displacement levels are. Then again it could be the ramps or other things as the colors are all naff too.

Old 14th Dec 2018, 02:33 AM   #1563
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Ok a quick sampler a bit miffed that the atmo got so weak at larger rez so I had to do a lot of fooling to get something done as comp on it. A bit romanticized but I do not plan on reproducing EARTH anyhow.
Old 1st Jan 2019, 04:47 AM   #1564
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Something simple for New Years, was suppose to be for the last of 2018 but well Blame my 4770k being too slow!
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 03:45 PM   #1565
TrekMD
Registered Member
 Gallery
Paint Shop Pro

That looks awesome!
TrekMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2019, 05:47 PM   #1566
Oldcode
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser Photoshop After Effects Premiere

That's a fantastic design!

“Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code.”
Oldcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Feb 2019, 04:52 PM   #1567
eagledocf15
Premiere Member
 Gallery
Photoshop

Default Wowsers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkoifish View Post
Something simple for New Years, was suppose to be for the last of 2018 but well Blame my 4770k being too slow!
Incredible!! Outstanding work
eagledocf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2019, 07:58 AM   #1568
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Took me a while to decide what to work on, then a while to figure out what the heck I was doing last with them. heh. This one I did interiors last as I was at a loss to what I was doing before that. So this time I figured I would start somewhere and work outward. I think much of this model could be considered done though.

So far I am doing a detail pass mostly of cutting panels or decals for faint detail for close ups or to break things up at a distance.

delayed post to include this render.
Old 9th Mar 2019, 01:41 PM   #1569
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Not a huge update but just cleaning up some of the stuff I had done and moving those grid lines about and refining some meh stuff. Close up id full of hidden edge issues, least 2 I can see atm. Need to also go in and swap out the surfacing on some materials from high sample settings to fast interpolation with high settings to eliminate speckle, exp the interior materials as they do not need the accuracy.

Old 12th Mar 2019, 07:29 AM   #1570
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

I really like this ship. You've done a nice job on it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2019, 06:47 AM   #1571
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Not much change little here and there since the last post. Probably pull some of it back off, like the markings around the command super. Ignore the blue panel it is suppose to be the same material as the gray metallic above. Though it could just be my enviro maps( I forget if there is even on in the scene or not) Just no motivation lately.

Old 3rd Apr 2019, 08:18 AM   #1572
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Said I wanted to get away from tos and yet here I go with another project. Guess it is not something I need to finish or push on with too far but we will see.

One thing I started thinking about is making this more tos canon with some of the shapes is a bit ehh. I mean I could do all sorts of nice tapering curves and rounded hulls but would they really bisect a hull into a saucer like this and build all the curvature in? Wouldnt they just build it like how it is in STD? Anyhoo something to look into tomorrow when I get time to open max up. For now collection of renders of the set up objects.

KIM nacelles and bridge are pinched assets and not final examples.
Old 4th Apr 2019, 10:02 AM   #1573
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

changing bits out refining others. Figuring out what details I want to add and not include. Also I did reconfig the nacelles some by bringing them inboard and closer to the saucer some. Also the deflector is temp ripped it from my Marklin, which in turn I think is stolen off my re-lethe models. . . . .

Old 5th Apr 2019, 05:25 AM   #1574
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Some more small changes some of which will likely get undone as I dislike how the single hull but across the bottom just looks to plain and weird in viewport. I will likely restore the old part or do something similar to what is there now but make it as separate hull parts or something. I also obliterated the aft hull and am looking at how a new layout for the impulse drives work. Not full sold as the internal components would be super tight with impulse bits, the warp plasma crap and a aft shuttle bay. Also what I thought was a done deal on the materials is rearing ugly in the aft view. Attempting to meld in my old tos set up to what I have on the IOWA model as I prefer the surfacing on that to my older more complex materials. Strangely things are acting differently between the surfaces even though settings are the same. Go fig.

And yeah those intercooler brackets are spinning all over the place. I am thinking this will definitely be more battleship than anything as it would make sense to have the redundant nacelles, larger hull configuration etc. As for era within the tos era that I am not sure yet. I could stuff it anywhere as I am not following STD timeline nor true TOS just making it more TOS and something I can use with my TOSish era models like the LETHE, Miranda, re re connie, Wedge trek, and similar things.
Old 5th Apr 2019, 06:14 PM   #1575
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

New central hull I think I need to work on it a bit more to pinch the deflector area to produce a defined crease from the forward corner.

Old 5th Apr 2019, 09:49 PM   #1576
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Weapons in some more refinement on the central hull some other details and fooling around with the aft cargo bay. Aft torps are likely to move from the bottom of the hull. The original model has loads of small square holes all over that look like torps but as we never really see any emplacements on these ships as phasers look to be about only 2ft in dai on them. That or window scale is way off and the original is scaled to more like 1200m. You can see how my phasers appear on a 1200ft long model vs the studio model. I also added 2 pair aft as the rearward units on the saucer are pretty useless for anything towards the rear. Lower nipples I had to push inward a lot to clear the saucer and improve the lateral coverage. IE area centered around the saucer.

Alt arrangement for the impulse. Likely the one I will go with as it is so much cleaner than anything else. Joke is this is what the original had. . . . . Granted I do now have much more hull back here now to work with.
Old 6th Apr 2019, 10:06 PM   #1577
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Small changes here and there and a idea for the shuttle bay. I am thinking the frames would jut out more or do something not to be flat and the doors themselves would be a roll top that curves down from the top of the bay. Just so it is not a flat door. I had considered doing a roll door or partition door on the curved surface of that rounded end but was not so sure I liked that. Also enlarged the impulse drives some more. I think I am at my limits for space. I have enough bulk above the bay doors to feel comfortable and the bays themselves have a good 6ft or more above the shuttles, or my reimagined shuttle. which I think is quite a bit taller than a TOS one and likely much larger than the STD ones.

Also being lazy and stuffed the old nacelle guts from the Wedge into the domes. Which I think I stole out of my Daedalus? shrug

And yeah adding in those wings means my aft phaser nipples are hemmed in so I need to relocate those to a less confined space. The fins will be made into heatsinks.
Old 8th Apr 2019, 12:19 AM   #1578
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

The start of chopping things up. Somewhere I lost track of the vertical alignment of things so lots of oops gotta realign this crap work. Sigh so I lost the nice taper to the deflector housing etc.

Old 8th Apr 2019, 07:14 PM   #1579
Professor Moriarty
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop After Effects Digital Fusion Premiere

I continue to be mesmerized by the loving detail you put into these ships of yours.

No feedback to offer, other than thanks for continuing to feed our eyeballs with these images...
Old 9th Apr 2019, 12:17 AM   #1580
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Thanks, this one though keeps cropping up little stumblers due to the source.

Saucer cut out.

Well dookie.

Guess that explains the strange struts doing odd things in various views. Question WTFH is the opening between those decks for? No way in hell are those upper struts structurally sound floating out there in a long pillar. Oh boy. Anyhow need to think about how to deal with this in my model. Some elements are different in location and spacing not to mention the changes in the "width" of stuff as the amount of taper on the upper section is far larger than I had though via the other views.
Old 9th Apr 2019, 07:38 AM   #1581
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

As much as I wanted to use a round deflector It just makes no sense with all the dead space. I had planned on using smaller details or other comms things around it but to get the lower hull where the bridge superstructure to the right shape the round deflector was just too small.

Old 9th Apr 2019, 07:49 PM   #1582
StarCruiser
Registered Member
 Gallery
Corel Draw Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro

Best suggestion - ignore the source material for the details. Anything based on Disco is going to be ... difficult to make sense of.
StarCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2019, 05:03 AM   #1583
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Slow progress today for some reason. shrug.

Old 11th Apr 2019, 06:38 PM   #1584
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Mostly messing with the deflector and messing with alignments etc.

Old 12th Apr 2019, 08:46 AM   #1585
Tony Gardner
Premiere Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop After Effects

I really like this design, especially having the bridge module at the front of the saucer like that.
Old 13th Apr 2019, 08:00 AM   #1586
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Pushing bits of this and that about. Need to figure out what is in this scene file that is causing this blotchy shadow crud.

Old 14th Apr 2019, 12:11 AM   #1587
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

more adjustments. I have decided to follow the cgi images over the model photos as I have noticed more and more changes made to that "toy" even though they supposedly used the cgi model as a base to make the molds from. Largest area changed is that aft hump near the upper fins. In the cgi model it is all square to the hull and the model it tapers and rises oddly. In some ways I like what they did on the model vs the CGI ship but it would serve no purpose on my model as I am not sticking a small impulse exhaust above the shuttle bay. Anyhow this whole area I have re jiggered all the bits around to better match the original. The vent/radiator thing needs to be pushed about some still to rescale it. Still hate that I am having to pull detail out of something only a few pixels wide or less. So likely some things will be off or wrong.

Old 14th Apr 2019, 01:42 AM   #1588
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Just as I posted the last update I found this at Thingverse but most of the page is broken images and the link. Likely loads of blocked content. Heh spent a hour looking for where this object came from and no dice so uncredited possible game mesh. . . . . (shows up in google as a OBJ file lacking textures and well imports like poop in max but did so without materials into bforartists allowing me to FBX it out. I think it is a STO mesh as I just cannot figure out where it is from. ANYHOW, just gonna use it real quick to show size and shape differences. I scaled it to the 441m listed on the eaglemoss data sheet. Window scale though says more like 600+ meters but Ill go with the given size. Some of the proportions on the whatever model look a lot better than what I have so I dunno. PFFFT.

Old 15th Apr 2019, 12:21 AM   #1589
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Deciding what I want on the bottom and how it will appear. I am thinking maybe I should eliminate a lot of this plating and suggest it through panels and grids instead. Also adjusted the deflector forward a bit and prepping that part of the hull for collapsing so I can start chopping it up and integrate bits on the rear end around the shuttle bays. One image I pointed a spotlight onto the shuttle bays so it is not a black blob.

Old 15th Apr 2019, 07:34 AM   #1590
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Hogging out the impulse array and shuttle bays. Plan is that it would have a refit connie interior. I will only model the airlock bay though. I might though box in the unseen area to keep me from putting other rooms that might conflict.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress