Gallery
LightWave Gimp

Looking good MKF
Old 5th Sep 2019, 02:04 AM   #1712
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Mostly spent time tuning alignments and then working in details to break up the fat head look og the cowling. It is all subdiv still so I might alter it more. I have not decided what or if I will keep those gray vanes or not or fiddle with em some. Might pull them for something else as they really do not serve their original purpose. Tempted to hog out the area to create more negative space between the nacelles and act as some sort of plasma junction as it diverts to the uppers or lowers.

Always have a laugh as these TNG nacelles always remind me of highlighter pens or early pc pens mostly ones to define points in cat or measuring out patterns.
Old 12th Sep 2019, 12:37 AM   #1713
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Not a huge massive change been busy with other things as well as not so sure where I want to go with things.

mostly rounding off bits and tuning bits and parts. I also stuffed the bussard cage from the old ones. I think I will complicate the LUM elements int he bussard more than what I have right now.

Old 31st Oct 2019, 07:12 AM   #1714
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

After seeing the site down and back up and slow early on the speed is back to what it should be time to post some backlog. To get everything though head to SFM or my WIP blog. (latter will catch up in regards to the images, not commentary)

I have since had all sort of issues starting with figuring out what to do with a crappy AMD viddia card purchase for my media pc finding out amd does not support win8 at all in any form. So that card replaced my 770 and broke max 2013. So in went 2019 which supported none of the things I was used to for the past oh 13+years? ARNOLD. lol

Not wanting to 1 learn a whole new rendering system or materials system
2 not wanting to spend the next 6 months converting all my past as well as existing projects.
I gave 2017 a go.
Found Mental Ray in it was super messed with and tonnes of things either missing broken or just not there. After spending a lot of time I am getting close to what I had before but maybe overall taking a decade backwards in what I can do and how fast I can do it. Mostly how horribly slow renders are for the quality gained. You will see this in the following renders as I fight things. Worst is the glow light leaks which I had not had to deal with since 2010~2012.

So I have decided I might move to arnold in the future as 2017 has some nasty bugs in it. Like menus and windows not remembering positions. After 10 or 15 crashes a day you get real sick of moving menus around. However i will likely not convert my archive of work. I personally do not like ARNOLD much as it returns to the scanline way of working with materials. No proper layer shader (composite) so you have to stack shaders and play little games to trick it into something that should have been the FIRST thing added to the materials group. Add in the use of SPECULAR. I have grown to see that word as akin to FAKERY. As it was a fake shader added to LW for Bab 5 to make a more realistic metal and non glossy surface back in the day when cgi liked the real world shaders and surfacing we take for granted now. either case ARNOLD was easy to get results that look damn good see above image. It is far faster than the borked up MR in 2017 so who knows. I might just move to blender if I can get the UI or get past the UI and linux like file manager. (YUCK)
Anyhow enough wall of text.
Renders for the Atheling

Most recent update
Old 31st Oct 2019, 07:27 AM   #1715
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Took a break from the Atheling or whatever I plan to change it to. For a retake on a old mesh that I had not touched since 2007. Was great fun fixing issues I had with it in 2017. heh

converted objects to arch+design as this was all still in SCANLINE! lol
https://bolidecascade.files.wordpres...-class-180.jpg
https://bolidecascade.files.wordpres...-class-181.jpg
https://bolidecascade.files.wordpres...-class-182.jpg

Started work gutting the existing nacelle and placing lum materials and physical objects.

Then replacing dodgy modeling

Fooled around with existing objects and decided to flush them all and find old subd cages or remodel it all from scratch.

compared to the IOWA and decided it was too small. 286m now.

added about 100m to it.

Working out kinks in the main hull before collapsing an optimizing.

Where I paused work today after optimization.

Old 25th Nov 2019, 07:25 PM   #1716
bmckain
Wire Junkie

Gallery
Bryce LightWave Poser Vue Photoshop

Hey Koi, been a damned long time. You haven't lost your touch with the models! As always I love you take on things.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress