Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Works in Progress Critique works in progress, 2D 3D and animations

Old 10th Jul 2017, 05:49 AM   #1141
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Well put paid to that, new bit welded into the old bits and some sticky film and glue has put some old parts onto the new. Still will have to rebuild a lot of stuff such as the interiors but least that obs room was saved heh. Added a 2 pair of lifeboats as well. HOWEVER, I might make a pass through to the main shuttle bay or the internal repair bay vs the service bays that were there. As mentioned engine core stuff might interfere with the service bays and not allow them to be rebuilt.

Interior layout and volume for stuff. Service bays are too larger or would have to wrap around the core, something I would rather not do.

Old 11th Jul 2017, 02:03 AM   #1142
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Drop down bays and I managed to get the service bays in. They wont be as large as before but they clear most of the other internals to be included. I do need to reassign materials as it is looking a bit mish/mash ATM as I was just applying whatever to it for now.

Old 14th Jul 2017, 10:42 PM   #1143
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

OK new struts. While some of the decals are displaying differently everything but the vents and those ribs are restored. Reason this was done was due to that tapering in of the strut thickness bothered me WAY too much, not to mention some of the shaping bothered me. Most of the old shape was to try to deal with how the flat face changes on a strut as it swoops forward and then curves upward. If not square to the model you get some funny angles. The old arrangement created a really steep sweep forward angle I did not like.

Old 15th Jul 2017, 07:29 AM   #1144
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Aft vents are back in as well as some additional decals and details. Front vents should be in by now but DISTRACTIONS lol, guess it gives me something to work on tomorrow. PFT.
I am a bit tempted to add some lip windows on the shuttle bay strip. I think it is thick enough for a 10ft ceiling and allow for deck thickness.

Old 15th Jul 2017, 05:59 PM   #1145
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

ok 25min and the front vents are in. Also a render of the rear again as I chamfered up some stuff that was lacking since the last update.

Old 16th Jul 2017, 11:15 PM   #1146
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Detached things in back as sections and remapped them to get rid of the ugly stretched maps. Dug out some of the details on the undercut and finally got to those annoying windows in the lower saucer. All that remains for windows is the secondary hull which wont has as many as this section is mostly mechanical crap. Oh and I added the shield grids for the underside of the struts. Not a fan of strut based weapons but plan is to stick a pair of shorts on the upper strut area like the Ambassador and Galaxy had.

I do need to work on getting the materials under control. Such as unifying the strut plates to the saucer. Sadly all the blues look damn near the same in preview. Max is also playing games as I select anything with the eyedropper it clones it and creates a copy of the material instead of pulling it up so that I can have all the materials instanced vs copied where if I make a adjustment it only occurs on a single object. RRRRR. Maybe something has gone crackpot with the scene. I have been tempted to wipe everything and start applying materials one by one from scratch. But eugh the thought of wasting at least 2 weeks doing that is not making me enthusiastic about it.
Old 17th Jul 2017, 08:45 AM   #1147
DangerousDac
Registered Member
 Gallery
Bryce Cinema 4D Maya Modo Terragen Vue ZBrush Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkoifish View Post
Cool make sure to post a WIP when you get printing. I think people here would be interested to see a project like that. It will be interesting to see how she prints out and holds up as I never had static models in mind when making the things.

I am in touch with someone who uses a formlabs unit and want to produce some resin kits cast off the prints.The Daedalus is one of the ones I am considering. Though I have others Id like to do. They will likely be in 1/1000 scale that matches the smaller polar lights trek stuff. Others I am considering are the Mughi (cargo ship) Wedge Trek, The above klingon (dunno how it would print) and one of the Balmung versions. Least these are the ones I would want for myself. A lot of others I would want to do would be huge at 1/1000 IE the Onimaru. I think that would be something like 24" and would if I went with them require printing at a higher scale.

Pm is turned off on many of the forums as most of the pms I get are people begging for meshes or wanting free stuff done. Posting here works to get a hold of me.

probably the closest I have posted for orthos
https://bolidecascade.files.wordpres...s-info-04b.jpg
I understand people wanting meshes, so no problems there.

I did print it a while back on my Zortrax M200 FDM printer at varying scales and resolutions.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/raQqAGsV4KQc7DXJ3
This is at an "Eaglemoss" Scale of around 5 inches.

And this is a much larger 12 inch long version.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bRXaCar8hkADYeq92
DangerousDac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2017, 11:53 PM   #1148
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Bit of an extra for no reason,
Old 18th Jul 2017, 01:47 PM   #1149
Treybor
Asylum Inmate

Gallery
LightWave Poser ZBrush Photoshop Premiere

As per usual, your attention to detail is fantastic.
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1281

SubPatch Modeling Tutorial (Nudity Warning)
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3445
Treybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2017, 07:19 AM   #1150
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

I like how this ship has evolved from the first version.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2017, 04:57 AM   #1151
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Back at this with mucking about with the whatever deflector thingies and that strip connecting them. Idea is these are bays for sensors that accompany the deflector systems. Lower bump has a integrated fwd tractor emitter. It is all in prep for laying out the lower hull grid. However I might be redoing the lower unit, at least the casing so it better matches the upper ones.

Heh the first version in some regards is a evolution of one prior.
Old 24th Jul 2017, 08:20 AM   #1152
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

New wave guide or whatever housing. Messed with the tractor bits a little too. Though maybe I should minimize it some as at a distance it just looks like gunk stuck onto the central bit of those bits further up and on the sides of the ship. . . . . shrug. Bit slow too as I have been watching some old Eps of Doctor Who and restored series that I apparently have not seen.

Old 25th Jul 2017, 02:51 AM   #1153
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Rough planning of the panels here. I am still debating if I will have these follow the classic ambassador hull panels or go with something else.

Old 25th Jul 2017, 11:50 PM   #1154
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Well sheesh, all I got done was this rcs quad. . . -_- and at that I am not all that sure about it.

Old 26th Jul 2017, 06:17 AM   #1155
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Changed things up a bit. Still debating if I will put any red markings in the yellow pad.

Slow going as I have been spending a lot of time yelling at excel. . . . .
Old 28th Jul 2017, 06:22 AM   #1156
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Ejection hatch and some ports. Also got around to fixing the upper shuttle bay, not sure if anyone spotted the overlapping bits there apparently I halted work there at some stage and never got around to cutting in those parts and merging them into the mesh. (area around the bay bulkheads)

That bulkhead thing was a PITA had to do it twice as I had forgotten I had asymmetric things going on but did not verify as I reverted the objects as I just needed to patch in some of the missing parts vs undoing it all. DERP. Seem only to be good for a few hours a day on this stuff anymore.

I also really got to unify that crap in the cut out more it just looks like a nightmare of random crap.
Old 30th Jul 2017, 02:39 AM   #1157
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Some changes to the panels something a bit more Excelsior like.

Old 30th Jul 2017, 03:39 AM   #1158
Rekkert
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender Gimp

Indeed very Excelsior, I love how the ventral area is looking.
Old 30th Jul 2017, 11:53 AM   #1159
StarCruiser
Registered Member
 Gallery
Corel Draw Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro

Looking like a logical follow-on between Excelsior and the Ambassador class...
StarCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2017, 10:06 PM   #1160
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

New panels, I may or may not change the inner material. Added in the lifeboats to one side top and bottom. Tried to make sure not to place them so they have to divert from ship parts like the nacelles. I figure like many other canon ships anyone stationed in the nacelles are just screwed if things go wrong. HAH.

Old 31st Jul 2017, 06:28 AM   #1161
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

The ship has grown teal and pink bumps. Window cutter layout. I am debating atm if I will make each side of the ship unique. As of right now I'm tempted NOT to. I am tempted to weed some of the windows out though.

Also the arboretum windows DO bisect the warp core ejection path. So I either move them elsewhere or not have a arboretum that spans the ships width. Though I suppose I could have a turbo shaft running along the ejection path and have a structure passing through the middle and have observation platforms leading off it. Or the Arboretum does not have to span the whole width of the ship as it is some 140feet from one side to the other.

Few renders of the existing interior volume and space reserved for components.

Of course most of this is only interior volume that has a window or opening to the outside of the ship.
Old 31st Jul 2017, 07:05 AM   #1162
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

This just looks better every time I see it.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2017, 07:42 AM   #1163
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Decided to block in more internal components as well as the matter and anti matter pods. The green and yellow tanks, antimatter are the lower ones for easier ejection from the ship. Also blocked in other mechanical spaces and trunklines as well as the sensor and computer core. Rest is available for labs or interior rooms with no windows etc.

Not the best visualization of things though. Maybe a shaded ortho, shrug.
Old 1st Aug 2017, 07:04 AM   #1164
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Rough layout of the arboretum if done as a complete room.

Ceiling is roughly over 40ft and there would be a 6ft dai (12ft wide) column for the core pass through. From what I compared things to the fattest part of a core as at most 7ft wide IE 3.5ft dai. So I think this tube is a bit large but for a super reinforced tube maybe it isnt?

Engineering would sit right on the roof of the arboretum. Other options are to split the room, create a inset wall that only divides the room, or go with my original plan and use the framework needed for the core path as a observation gantry. That or move the warp core hatch on the exterior so it misses.

In creating a half wall I could make insets long it Like maybe 3 decks worth and have those be racks for plants or lab stations. Idea is the arboretum is a working space and not some park for having picnics in as it IS a large part of the ship.

Reality is most of this wont show . . . . .
Old 1st Aug 2017, 10:42 AM   #1165
Sastrei
Registered Member
 Gallery
Blender Photoshop

I think it would look neat with a big mushroom shaped cylinder in the center of the arboretum around the core ejection column.
Sastrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Aug 2017, 09:37 PM   #1166
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

hopefully this wont database error

Patchy patchy, the ejection hatch and fill ports are rebuilt and relocated. Well ok I just redid the panels instead of posting the patched hull. heh. I might be adding some more details into the center belly area be it decals or maybe some hatches for the antimatter pods. (they are pretty much under all of the blue paneling and original idea was that paneling would drop off and have the pods attached or they would dump out. I also have vents and other details that need to be put back in and I need to chamfer up all the panels. And I have to correct the stripes some as I see in the render the forward dart is too close to the end of the panel and looks bad.

Old 12th Aug 2017, 08:29 PM   #1167
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Pennant decal cutters. Copied one of the official decals used on the studio prop. I went with this as it was what was used on the Ambassador (prop) I think this same one was used on the excelsior BUT on the B it was a gold pennant sans the circle. (noticed this after I did this one.) Heck what caught my eye was the ertl? ones were upside down. Took ages to find anything I could interpolate up in scale and use as a template. -_- Even then it was only 150pixels long and interpolated up to 400 for use as a template. BLEAH. Anyhow never noticed until now how the black lines are stylized vs just a consistent outline. Given these were extras from the filming prop I'm going with it. I might have to adjust the pennants distance from the lines.

Including a render of them as how I plan to place them on the ship. They wont be exact as I will make them planar to the hull (avg angle) so they wont be this square to the camera view. oh and yeah erm those lifeboats are a bit close to it. . . . might scale things down a bit in that case. One other thing I have not been able to decern on the ships is if the taper of the stripes is a curve or a flat angle.

Old 12th Aug 2017, 09:47 PM   #1168
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

HEH gotta kick myself I put those blasted antimatter hatch doors right on top of where I was planning to add a phaser strip. . . . .. I should stop placing pennant cutters and do those things.

Wish I had that follow tool that c4d has. I can do something similar in max but it wont warp the mesh and weld it. Take a look at any of Nightfever's models with phaser strips and you will see what I mean.

Some rough caps of decal placements, probably closest I will come to orthos.

loads of database errors, wonder if it is some cache crap on my end. . .
Old 13th Aug 2017, 05:51 AM   #1169
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

PEW PEW, roughed out phaser strip elements. And yup, right across those blasted hatches! heh Also major annoyance with doing spline based deformations as X is y Z is x etc and everything goes to some strange angle that is not 45 90 etc more like 19deg off So your forced to realign things by hand. BLEAGH.

I am tempted to do a mix of strips and turrets. Stick 4 nipple turrets here instead of a strip. And just keep those on the saucer. But I worry it would look awkward.

Old 13th Aug 2017, 07:17 AM   #1170
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

A quickie render to show the updated plating. I might merger up the 2 panels the strip crosses or I might cut the area away from the strip. Dunno But it is too late to get to that this session.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress