Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Works in Progress Critique works in progress, 2D 3D and animations

Old 8th Jul 2009, 07:43 AM   #61
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather as well, MKF.

@Tyenkrovy; we don't have a no necro-posting policy at F3D. In fact, I don't even like that term. Since when did it become a crime for someone new to a site to comment on something that is a few months, or even a few years old? Necro-posting implies that art is no longer worthy of comment once it passes a magical, unknown number of days of age. If that were the case, why do people still talk about Picasso, Da Vinci or Michaelangelo?

This site is about the art and art is always worthy of comment, no matter how old the image.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 02:14 AM   #62
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Talking

Just to prove Im not dead yet.
First image is the project other is showing the application, it wont be going onto this style of body but for my crawler. Which will be a VW bug or a comp truck body.

I will be needing to thicken lines and stylize things some. And i wont be using cel paints like the examples due to the fact that I haven't opened those paints in ages. Likely hood is they have turned into solid bricks of vinyl. I am aiming for a very graphical look so there wont be any airbrush fades etc. Maybe in the background but on the girl herself it will be all masked off lines. Depends how I feel when I get to working on it. bodies I have now do not really work on the car, so it means ordering one or going to the LHS and picking one up. (bleah)

Last edited by Madkoifish : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:30 PM.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 06:23 AM   #63
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Those are nice models. Is the car a slot or RC?

Those graphics look nice on them.

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 02:42 PM   #64
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

first is a 1/10 rally car second is a custom bodge 1/18 mt, both are RC.
Old 12th Jan 2010, 02:06 AM   #65
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

What I been doing instead of 3d in a creative manner on the pc, cant claim anything else that has been eating my time as creative >_> derp.

Last edited by Madkoifish : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:59 AM   #66
Pedonymous
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender Photoshop Premiere

Post Moar! 8D
Pedonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 03:51 AM   #67
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

hurrrr
bored to death with polygones, so I guess
mess of unfinished crap.
Last is that crawler body mentioned above.

Old 17th May 2010, 04:19 AM   #68
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

More pchat crap.
Some of these started in pchat dropped dress reimu and the kappa (girl with pigtails)
Many of these things contain inside jokes or series related jokes. Also some have SOSO content. (thumbnails hide it but BE WARNED)
Also some have other's drawings in them. Mostly Reglue, UNO, cookie, and REMI, I think. hahah.
zombie joke, the creator of Touhou used a horrible colour palette on Reimu (bow) and thus the zombie jokes started, recent game added this Tengu (ponytails) and her colour was off as well so, me being who I am. . . .
Colour is added. . . . .

Another dumb tengu is added. . .

Another Remillia spilling tea all over the mansion for the "perfect maid" to clean up
A gap.

yes, I read these books. I sheeped and read em then drew a pic in pchat out of serious boredom.

More groinal hairs in food. Reimu-burger is some english meme thing we to horrible things based on it at times. Reimu (girl with tray) is by Reglue

Random crap. Has some panties and bewbies so FOREWARNED! The little doodles except the maid with flyswatters not done by me. I think it is reglue again. (sorry! but remi sometimes draws like you **waits to be hit**)

WARNING girls kissing girls! so if you don't like it don't click, oh weed smoking and bad wennie jokes. Doodles at the bottom left to right By UNO Reglue me (the reimu) reglue (girl with umbrella I think) girl with hat me, jar me and the gap too. Top left is by Reglue, stoner witch, by me and the lesbians by me.

underwear, ok. . . started in pchat and taken into Paint tool SAI Anyhoo it is a pretty crap pic, with a really crap reason, teen body with a HUEG HEAD. heh Shows 2 differing bgs for it.

A kappa and flower freak, pchat versions

taken into SAI for planned colouring that never happened.

Wriggle and a Yukka (later by Cookie) Text by someone else, Wall I think.

freak frog, Suwako. The Sanae is by UNO?? or was it Remi? SORRY!

Random junk. I had watched the remaster versions of Yamato recently when I did this. lol. Some Yukkuri torture and arcane refs to Lupin. A Yukari eating Peanut butter (suppose to be me cause I was horking the stuff at the time, I forget the chat that started it.) The witch yukkuri I think is by remi The wriggle in the upper right is reglue again. I forget what caused me to draw Marisa being a pig eating a hotdog with a open mouth and unchewed dog in her mouth.

Another one I forgot what caused it to happen. Idiot hunting. Cirno is known as a idiot due to a game manual labeling her with a circle9 (9ball) and the subtext baka (idiot/stupid) Text to the right in the image reads baka baka.

A horrible attempt at cute. Someone prior drew some sickeningly cute things. I failed afterword.

Another new touhou. Nothing happened with this. I think the log vanished so I didn't bother with it.

humping, um this came from some rollcake doodle and chat about humping (not me) so this happened after the original doodle I drew. I cannot find it anymore or I would ahve posted it or subset it into this pic. This image is another inside joke. The one with horns is depicted "caving" other characters. Marisa is at times defined as sleeping with anything. (all fan based extrapolations via memes and other silly crap)

Random crap, I do not know where Card Captor Sakura relates in this anymore. But image shows her present time and in the past (when CCS aired) I drew the purple haired girl (patchy) And the 2 with red scribbles for colour. Rest I think is Reglue. Except the eyes to the far right and the "leave me be" and baaaaaw stuff. I think those are UNO and Remi. (they know eachother IRL)

ok wall of TEXT over with. Edited this like this since I figured they deserved credit.
BTW the silly names are nicks of people in pchat.

Old 18th May 2010, 06:09 AM   #69
Pedonymous
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender Photoshop Premiere

I really like some of your art, any chance you could give me a link to your pchat?
Old 19th May 2010, 05:28 AM   #70
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

It isnt my pchat. Most of it is fairly dead atm. (good ol days seem to be gone)

This one is run by wall, has some /jpers in it I think ( I dunno hah could be from elsewhere)

http://wallachia.ath.cx:1795/

This one is 9chen, another friend (cookie) got his buddy to set up the server or something, I do not know the whole story but it is sorta dead atm. Probably spamming it at poolswimmer might enlighten that.

http://paint.9chen.org/

There is old belpipi but it is frequented by furry, emo, and often trolls.
(bugger cannot find the url for it atm)
Old 7th Nov 2010, 07:34 PM   #71
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Decided to take a break from textures and polygonnes.

Last edited by Madkoifish : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 8th Nov 2010, 01:16 AM   #72
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

larger image, not sure how much more refining I will do since this was just a distraction to doing any real work today.

Old 2nd Mar 2011, 05:22 AM   #73
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

necroed thread hah.

Anyhow anyone following my 3d crap know I have had some "issues" and well I had some 3d things planned but none of it was really READY, and getting the refinements in 2d were just not enjoyable either so here is random anime girl in WIP state. The char is from a series running this season (Japanese seasons are quarterly The Winter season is just over halfway through.) Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, also known as Puella Magi Madoka Magica. (Magical Girl Madoka Magica/ Puella Witch Madoka Magica) It is based of of a genra that was once generally a youth, read little girl genra. But has over the years as they grew up become a wide age group. Not to mention popularity with the whole moe thing. Anyhow this series does take a path down the dark side of mentally bent. I think it is one of the better series albet being a bit too transparent (my issue too many books I can pretty much guess what happens in any entertainment now) And it has to be one of the best things to come from Shaft in years. (Shaft is the studio doing the anime) They seem to have finally stepped away from the cookie cutter animation style and horridly method style of writing pioneered with PaniPoemi and Negima (second season) that had at one time gained them much fandom and coverage in the industry. But w/e hah Im sure it is all wall of words for you. So on to the WIP image.

It probably does not look like much and the pose and expression have no meaning unless you know the story etc. But hopefully that wont matter.
Originally I planned to do this as a fast loose painting but that went out the door 2 seconds in. oops. So I think it will be my typical painted style. But I still am considering doing it as a lineart painted look. (see the blog for examples of the lined art look)

Old 2nd Mar 2011, 05:38 PM   #74
BillS
Administrator

Gallery
LightWave Maya Modo Softimage XSI ZBrush Illustrator Corel Paint Photoshop

I love your paintings. You have a very subtle toning to your work that is unique and quite pleasing to look at.

Now if I could just draw.........About once a year I convince myself that I should try again but it doesn't take long to realize that I'm lacking that gene..

So I'll just enjoy your work.
Bill. aka LemmingDude. aka Ethangar, Ethanger, Ethengar, Ethenger, Ethan, Eth, ehenger, etharger, Ethel, Ehtangar, Ethanfar, hanger, Eclangers, Ethand, ethang, hangar, Ethanol, Ethangix, Ethangod, Eggnog, Ethanprop........
Lemming World
BillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 07:10 PM   #75
bmckain
Wire Junkie

Gallery
Bryce LightWave Poser Vue Photoshop

Great stuff, the vampire girl is crazy.
Old 2nd Mar 2011, 07:14 PM   #76
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Painting is a bit harder, I'm still fighting it since I learned mostly as more of a illustrator so line work etc. For learning Id go with one of the "use shapes" to learn proportions etc. It is like anything just keep at it and find what works for you. Like 3d apps, Im fine in max and max like apps but stick anything related to linux or the mentality needed and Im a lost sheep LW blender etc.

Small update, got a bit carried away sampling colours off some official images for this. Yeah not my choice in colours. overboard on the pink, but all the girls are themed like this. Anyhow, I of course am going to have to re-key all of it in the long run since Im wanting a darker environment and plan to key up some specific features.

additional anyone with kids at least preview it to ep 3 before deciding on it. Pretty much sets the tone for the show. Friend was just raging over letting his little girl watch this. (personally me Id not care but some might!)

Old 5th Mar 2011, 08:03 PM   #77
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

I will have to redo the one glove and sock since I decided to tint the light after I did things to these. I really want to darken the whole thing but that would mean repainting it all. sorta ehh on that, still blocking in some details as well. I have to redo the petal bits on the dress too since they do not match up.

Last edited by Madkoifish : 6th Mar 2011 at 06:52 AM. Reason: video links fail da Ok I give up on coding the videos USE THE URLS
Old 6th Mar 2011, 04:22 AM   #78
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Small update. Costume is driving me nuts cause it is different from ref to ref. Think I should just still frame the OP vs looking at official art. ;p Gotten really slow with this crap too
Old 6th Mar 2011, 06:08 AM   #79
BillS
Administrator

Gallery
LightWave Maya Modo Softimage XSI ZBrush Illustrator Corel Paint Photoshop

I couldn't really see in the videos you linked... but her face seems a little flat looking. She had a broad face in the videos but yours seems flatter looking somehow. The costume looks great to me though.
Bill. aka LemmingDude. aka Ethangar, Ethanger, Ethengar, Ethenger, Ethan, Eth, ehenger, etharger, Ethel, Ehtangar, Ethanfar, hanger, Eclangers, Ethand, ethang, hangar, Ethanol, Ethangix, Ethangod, Eggnog, Ethanprop........
Lemming World
BillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2011, 06:45 AM   #80
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Not copying the shows style which is wuite wide and eyes are often too far apart, signature of the designer I think.

The face (skin) is not finished just a underlayment of light and dark. I have a mess to do on the eyes as well, no eyelashes etc, the reason they look all uneven atm. Anime faces tend to be flat too but right now it is the lighting which was originally ment to be keyed darker then Id add highlights to bring things up. But that plan has been dumped for now.

Videos yeah I dunno the tags on all of these sites are all different for embedded viddias so you have to open the links below to see them. I managed to get them to work elsewhere but they are still a unknown thing here.
Old 6th Mar 2011, 03:07 PM   #81
DELTA
Registered Member

Gallery
Blender Bryce LightWave Mudbox Photoshop Premiere

I am another fan of your work, how do you find the time to do you 2d and 3d work... You have a way back machine don't you?

Did I just date myself with the way back machine comment?
Star Trek was a big piece of my childhood... Spock got me interested in the sciences, Scotty got me interested in engineering, and Bones got me interested in healing...Oh, and Kirk got me interested in leadership and Green women...
DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2011, 09:28 PM   #82
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

just a few hours here and there.

small update, mostly fixing things like the droopy eye. Shifted the whole head too. Still have to fix that leftside eye.
Old 7th Mar 2011, 03:29 AM   #83
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Something for someone since the pink was starting to get to me. Should be recognizable.
Old 7th Mar 2011, 06:17 AM   #84
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

quick toss of colour on it to see how it looks
Old 14th Jul 2011, 07:57 PM   #86
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Exclamation Off the deep end?

Seems some pics are gone. odd
and uh didn't I have a trek doodle or prototype thread???!?!?!! eh whatever.
opinions? drawn in nutrek style but can be anything really. First is a bit to reliant been there done that.

Last edited by Madkoifish : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 19th Jul 2011, 05:56 AM   #87
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Wow guess not to many frequent 2dwip
I will give it one more go taking a break from 3d and trek for a bit. When cleaning up I found a tattered abused copy of this book (what the image is) and re read them except the latest from the 80s. I will leave the viewer to guess for now so I wont post the sketch.
Original is 4400X4800 Likely change the aspec to be taller hopefully i can bodge it in and match up the lumber hues.

Old 19th Jul 2011, 07:41 PM   #88
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Full spoiler. Shouldn't be hard now.

Old 1st Jan 2012, 07:34 AM   #89
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Talking

Yes, I am still alive. . . . .

Last edited by Madkoifish : 9th Mar 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 1st Jan 2012, 10:32 AM   #90
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Good to hear and Happy New Year!

Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane