Works in Progress Critique works in progress, 2D 3D and animations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th Mar 2019, 03:25 PM   #1
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser TrueSpace Paint Shop Pro Photoshop Premiere

Default Babylon 5 - Babylon 5 Interiors

Working on the bridge of an Omega Class ship form Babylon 5 which for most of the show's run was a re-dress of the Bablyon 5 C&C. I'm taking a few liberties with it as I'm doing it with the idea of more of a budget and making it feel more like a submarine instead of a standing set.

Started hashing out a ceiling and walls to make this a bit more of a bridge, I've got wall slots designed to 'mount' monitors in there. Got a few ideas from Endgame, but overall, I like having stations in front of the Captain instead of a giant free range pacing area. I split the console I had there in two and slid them off to the side though so the Captain has full view of whatever monitors I put there, just like the EAS Apollo.

There's a lot of detailing to go on the ceiling as well as light placements. They're a lot more complicated than I thought they'd be now that I've found a few references for what they did in the CnC. Now that I have the walls in place I think I'll get the consoles for the walls and the forward consoles done first before I finish up the ceiling.

Tossed the bridge as is into DAZ Studio to test the modeled lighting. Liking what I've got so far.
ashe5k is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress