Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Cafe IMP, LLC, owners of this site, is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules and use good internet etiquette (link). Discuss topics of your choice in the Cafe only, with the exception of sex or topics deemed inappropriate for family consumption. Discussions of politics and religion are discouraged due to their volatile nature; however, each thread will be judged individually for content (religion and politics) and will not be shut down immediately. Staff retains the right to close or delete any post which they deem inappropriate. Threads or posts that advocate violence or hate, advance spam, or violate our TOS will be deleted or closed.

Old 30th Jun 2008, 07:43 AM   #151
SteveMoody
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Softimage XSI Vue Photoshop Digital Fusion Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nays View Post
Of course its going to be a reset. This is Russel T Davies we're talking about.
He did it at the end of the last series so i wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.
SteveMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jun 2008, 06:57 PM   #152
Delta42
Registered Member
 Gallery
Gimp

i did not see the end of that coming at all
Delta42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2008, 06:20 PM   #153
today
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscaron View Post
I can never wait Trey. I see em now and buy the DVD sets as soon as they come out here.

It's wrong, I know, but I find a way to justify it.
I've pretty much been doing the same... and now that I've had a chance to see EP12... OMG!!

Looking back on the episode where they introduce Professor Song, she recognizes the doctor immediately(so it would appear that he has the same face as when he first meets her.. disregarding age), it seems that there is a great big reset button coming

Unless of course River Song gets paradoxed out of existence
Old 1st Jul 2008, 06:57 PM   #154
ricktu
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Illustrator Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by today View Post
Looking back on the episode where they introduce Professor Song, she recognizes the doctor immediately(so it would appear that he has the same face as when he first meets her.. disregarding age), it seems that there is a great big reset button coming

Unless of course River Song gets paradoxed out of existence
Not necessarily. She knows him in the future so it is quite possible she has seen images of his past "bodies". Plus if memory serves she say's something like "This is the doctor in the days before he knew me". Which does not really mean he looks the same when she met him.

All that being said I'm inclined to believe there is going to be a reset as well.
ricktu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2008, 07:46 PM   #155
David cgc
Premiere Member

Gallery
LightWave Maya Illustrator Photoshop After Effects Shake Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktu View Post
Not necessarily. She knows him in the future so it is quite possible she has seen images of his past "bodies". Plus if memory serves she say's something like "This is the doctor in the days before he knew me". Which does not really mean he looks the same when she met him.
Sure it does. It was a long while before she realized this was the Doctor before he'd met her. If it was an earlier regeneration from before they met, and she knew that, then she would've known instantly that her message got to him too early. The way she talked when trying to figure out where in their shared chronology suggests that she met this Doctor, and likely that this was the only one she knew.
Old 1st Jul 2008, 11:44 PM   #156
thedoctor75147
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max Blender LightWave ZBrush Photoshop

if River Song knew this and only this Doctor, then how would she know about regeneration, unless she had a dig on Gallifrey
I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust.
thedoctor75147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 12:05 AM   #157
ricktu
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Illustrator Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by David cgc View Post
Sure it does. It was a long while before she realized this was the Doctor before he'd met her. If it was an earlier regeneration from before they met, and she knew that, then she would've known instantly that her message got to him too early. ....
Yep, you're dead right. I missed that. So disregard everything I said before.
ricktu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 12:32 AM   #158
David cgc
Premiere Member

Gallery
LightWave Maya Illustrator Photoshop After Effects Shake Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor75147 View Post
if River Song knew this and only this Doctor, then how would she know about regeneration, unless she had a dig on Gallifrey
He could've told her about the process at some point, either while having a long heart-to-heart or in a moment of intense peril, as when he first told Martha about it (that was the only thing I really liked about "42," incidentally. Ironically, the Doctor telling Martha he's not really going to die sold the sense of danger).
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 09:03 AM   #159
thedoctor75147
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max Blender LightWave ZBrush Photoshop

that is true. i hope they bring back that character, it was a really interesting plot development. although i do not think i could handle the thought of the Doctor being married.
I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust.
thedoctor75147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2008, 02:29 PM   #160
Crook
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen ZBrush Photoshop After Effects

That's it then. Rose gone, Donna erased and the Doctor alone again. It was a slash and burn story leaving it all open for the next series of specials and then series 5 proper, but to have only a few hours of Who for almost the next 2 years is a bit naff. Torchwood doesn't fill the gap.

As sad endings goes it was truly sad all round, with everyone losing something it seems.
Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2008, 09:52 PM   #161
Oscaron
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser Illustrator Photoshop

Kind of surprised they didn't throw the 4th Time Lord (i.e. his girlfriend...er...daughter....er...) Jenny into it considering how many other people showed up. Half expected Sophia to show up and kick a few pepper-mills.

All in all a confusedly satisfying ending.

I was excited, happy, sad, disgruntled, etc. all within the space of an hour.

If that's not good entertainment, then I need to get rid of my television.
Old 5th Jul 2008, 10:03 PM   #162
Meurig

Gallery
LightWave Maya Mudbox ZBrush Paint Shop Pro Photoshop Boujou Digital Fusion Shake Premiere

German speaking Daleks = genius.
Meurig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jul 2008, 10:20 PM   #163
Oscaron
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser Illustrator Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meurig View Post
German speaking Daleks = genius.
Would have loved to hear them going on in Swedish
Old 6th Jul 2008, 04:01 AM   #164
Gordon Robb
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave ZBrush Corel Paint Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Best bit of the episode to me was no more Donna.

Also, was that a hint from Jack that Feema will be in Torchwood? Maybe her and Mickey will join up.
Old 6th Jul 2008, 05:35 AM   #165
Crook
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Terragen ZBrush Photoshop After Effects

I doubt Mickey will be in it again in any great way - he's too much a writer now. I think he's got a film coming out actually.
Crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2008, 07:03 AM   #166
Gordon Robb
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave ZBrush Corel Paint Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Yeh, I think it's Adulthood, which I guess follows his previous Kidulthood.
Old 6th Jul 2008, 04:48 PM   #167
wave of light
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Vue Illustrator Photoshop

Good ending to this series. I was hoping for some CG fantastic morph through all of the doctors and then back into David T. Sort of knew he wasn't going to change.. how could they. The wife was spitting feathers when she saw the end of the penultimate episode.

Oh, and donna will return. Did you notice the way her new massive ring sparkled as she answered the phone... misdirection?

My only problem is with them bringing back all the old baddies just to get us hooked... e.g. Davros and now XMAS SPECIAL... RETURN OF THE CYBERMEN.

One thing to note is the lock on the time war has been broken by Dalek Khan (sp?), so there could be a story which allows us to see a recreation of the final moments of the time war.

Arr well, Torchwood until Xmas.
Old 6th Jul 2008, 05:32 PM   #168
janus
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Maya Mudbox ZBrush Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Just don't know what to think of that as a series finale.....first time the wife and I really disagreed on it (hence why I don't know what I think ;-) ) I thought the wrap up with Rose was great though I'd like to of heard him say "it" she thought it was terrible.

Gonna sleep on it. :-)
janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2008, 05:34 PM   #169
janus
Contributing Member

Gallery

"One thing to note is the lock on the time war has been broken by Dalek Khan (sp?), so there could be a story which allows us to see a recreation of the final moments of the time war."

But did he! don't forget Davros was unable to explain HOW dalek Kahn did that but the Master said that he and the Doctor "singlehendedly sealed the rift at the..." then the Masters ring was stolen....hmmm I feel a special comming on :-)
Old 9th Jul 2008, 08:32 AM   #170
janus
Contributing Member

Gallery

Ok slept on it. We liked it, the perfomances from Tennant and Tate were excellent, especially during the final scenes on the Dalek Crucible. The interaction between Mickey and Jack was amusing and the tie up's worked for me (though not for my better half) having Rose get the man she wanted was a nice twist although I was dissapointed that the character didn't stick arund for the specials at least.

Overall it was a likeable series finale and we felt it was better than the previous end of series but somehow as with a lot of the RTD episodes it still lacked that little spark that would make it a "Blink" or "The Doctor Dances".

On the tying up loose ends thing there were one or two plot lines that were not even looked at, the Masters ring was one of them, the location of the Masters TARDIS for another, is Harriet Jones dead? we didn't see that.

Finally looking forward to series five whilst I loved most of Steven Moffats work I really hope we don't get lots of episodes based around the "something horrible happens to a person causing them to become a monster incapable of moving faster than a quick walk and repeating an instanlty memorable catchphrase" episodes as that would be horribly disappointing.
Old 9th Jul 2008, 11:50 AM   #171
Meurig

Gallery
LightWave Maya Mudbox ZBrush Paint Shop Pro Photoshop Boujou Digital Fusion Shake Premiere

I'll miss Donna, she was probably my favourite companion so far. A better choice in my mind to have a companion who is mouthy and can stand up for herself than a pretty blonde who stands around looking confused. Not that the word 'pretty' should ever be used in the same sentence as 'Bille Piper', mind you. They tried to make Martha a bit more feisty and she was okay, but Donna was the only one so far to pull it off I think.

Then again, given Moffat's track record with ancilliary characters I look forward to the companion he introduces in 2010

I was actually stood next to Catherine Tate on the tube home from work the other day as well, by chance.
Old 11th Jul 2008, 07:20 PM   #172
janus
Contributing Member

Gallery

That was exactly the problem we were discussing here...Rose usurping Martha, yes she was awful. But Rose usurping Donna.....doesn't work reason being Catherine Tate was (and let's remind ourselves how many people booed when her name was announced!) superb. Just great. And only the slightest sexual tension between her and the Doctor. Plus frankly her performace after Donnas Timelord-Human metacrisis was just fantastic!
Old 15th Sep 2008, 12:22 PM   #173
dbyers
Registered Member
 Gallery
3DS Max Poser TrueSpace Paint Shop Pro Boujou After Effects Premiere

Can't wait til christmas now - my favorite baddies are in it! )
dbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2008, 12:28 PM   #174
Dark Overlord
Registered Member
 Gallery
LightWave Maya Modo Motion Builder Mudbox Vue Photoshop Digital Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by janus View Post
That was exactly the problem we were discussing here...Rose usurping Martha, yes she was awful. But Rose usurping Donna.....doesn't work reason being Catherine Tate was (and let's remind ourselves how many people booed when her name was announced!) superb. Just great. And only the slightest sexual tension between her and the Doctor. Plus frankly her performace after Donnas Timelord-Human metacrisis was just fantastic!
Tate was certainly a good sidekick, much to my surprise, I MUCH prefer Billie Piper. Always will.

But then again, sidekicks come and go. I also like Sarah Jane Smith, Peri and Romana as well, all gone...along with others I can't even recall now.

Anyone remember Susan Foreman?
Dark Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2008, 05:00 AM   #175
Treybor
Asylum Inmate

Gallery
LightWave Poser ZBrush Photoshop Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
Tate was certainly a good sidekick, much to my surprise, I MUCH prefer Billie Piper. Always will.

But then again, sidekicks come and go. I also like Sarah Jane Smith, Peri and Romana as well, all gone...along with others I can't even recall now.

Anyone remember Susan Foreman?
Treybor raises his hand.....
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1281

SubPatch Modeling Tutorial (Nudity Warning)
http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=3445
Treybor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2008, 09:55 AM   #176
Fabio
Lightwave Samurai

Gallery
3DS Max Cinema 4D LightWave Maya Rhino Vue ZBrush Corel Draw Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Indeed!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip_2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	14580  

"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true. "
Administrator-F3D
Fabio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Sep 2008, 10:06 AM   #177
Dark Overlord
Registered Member
 Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
Indeed!

WOW. you win.
Old 17th Sep 2008, 10:24 AM   #178
Dark Overlord
Registered Member
 Gallery

this a little off topic, but it's been a real treat watching the old Doctor Who episodes from day one, and seeing how much of what we "know" now, has changed over the years.

Mostly little details. Things like the TARDIS usually just being referred to as their ship, and use of the term TARDIS was very minimal.

Or when was the first explanation of, or reference to being a Timelord, not just from a more advanced planet etc.

How did they explain/display the first regeneration.

Fun times
Old 17th Sep 2008, 12:01 PM   #179
Meurig

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Overlord View Post
How did they explain/display the first regeneration.
Bill Hartnell is barely in his final episode, as it happens. He wanders in occasionally and makes sarcastic comments or acts grumpy but for most of it he is off-screen and referred to or just absent. The actor was very ill at the time so I think they came up with the idea of regeneration on the fly, a bit. One of the best sci-fi on-the-fly ideas ever though, it has to be said.

Incidentally that same episode also had the first appearance of the Cybermen who - and I love this concept - had strapped giant engines to their planet and were flying it around the galaxy.
Old 29th Oct 2008, 07:57 PM   #180
Meurig

Gallery

And it's official; next year will be Tennant's last.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm

Cue media frenzy about who will succeed him.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Discussions & Support > The Cafe