Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Works in Progress Critique works in progress, 2D 3D and animations

Old 22nd Mar 2019, 07:52 PM   #1
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser TrueSpace Paint Shop Pro Photoshop Premiere

Default Star Trek - AshleTrek Interiors

I've been doing my own interiors for a while now. And I'm going through and re-vamping them.

This is the latest casualty.

Probably not going to post any WIP beyond this one as the room and exterior corridor are basically almost ready to go minus a few tweaks (the tweaks being the overhead lighting, outer wall lighting, and finished modeling of the table), but I'm revisiting one of the first sets I built for myself when I started down this Trek fanart rabbit hole. Well aside from my many attempts at the corridor.

I've cut the Briefing Room down in size to almost the size it was in TOS versus MSGTTE although I'm sticking with that Phase II/TMP aesthetic. I'm also going to have it so you can turn off either side wall for 'filming', making it easier to get shots since I'm shrinking the room a bit.

I'll probably have finished shots of the re-vamped set as it'll appear on the Challenger early next week.

Bonus: The old Briefing Room Circa 2016

ashe5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 06:03 AM   #2
GMD3D
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

nice work
GMD3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2019, 10:11 PM   #3
Oldcode
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Very Very Good! It looks like a hybrid of the TOS and movie style architecture.

“Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code.”
Oldcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2019, 07:02 AM   #4
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMD3D View Post
nice work
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
Very Very Good! It looks like a hybrid of the TOS and movie style architecture.
Thanks! Definitely what I'm going for

OK, so I lied about another wip. I wanted to play around a little bit with the material and see how it turned out and I think I really REALLY like that wood paneling.
Old 24th Mar 2019, 04:10 PM   #5
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

Finished this up faster than I thought I would.

While the Observation Lounges are nice places to hang out, the Challenger command staff needs places to hold meetings and briefings and troubleshoot without the distractions of the crew. Located on Deck 6, there are two Briefing Rooms dedicated for this purpose as well as a third that can be set up as needed. Communications can also be handled through the Briefing Room as well for required communications with higher priority from Command.

Some of the crew may also use the viewer for entertainment purposes in off hours.

This is a rebuild from my previous Briefing Room that I built back in 2016. Almost everything was rebuilt from scratch, the room was slimmed down a bit from the MSGTTE version to something more similar in size to the one from TOS but with more of the Phase II/TMP aesthetic.

I also tossed a 2270s style PADD and some storage disks on the table, cause why not?
Old 24th Mar 2019, 08:10 PM   #6
Oldcode
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Poser Photoshop After Effects Premiere

And, I like the fact you use the movie era Federation Logo. I never liked the Next Gen one. Too smooth.

“Then forever remind him of his vow, Knight of the Old Code.”
Oldcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2019, 05:03 AM   #7
ronaldheld
Contributing Member
 Gallery
LightWave

nice looing.
ronaldheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2019, 08:49 AM   #8
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcode View Post
And, I like the fact you use the movie era Federation Logo. I never liked the Next Gen one. Too smooth.
It took me a while to find a decent enough sized movie era logo to go in and recreate in Photoshop. I definitely wanted something of the right era. I also like this one as it stands out a bit more from the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
nice looing.
Thank you!
Old 8th Apr 2019, 11:44 AM   #9
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

My ultimate goal with the interiors I've been working on is to tell the stories of the characters I've had bouncing around in my head for years using a comic or graphic novel format. I'd been planning on using a specific uniform for the TMP era for them until I saw JBogguess work over at Deviantart and I just had to try and adapt his uniforms into something wearable for my characters. I've got the female versions ready to go and although I'm having problems with the male textures on a slightly different outfit, I'm hoping to have them ready in a week or two depending. Then I'll be back to building more rooms again. lol

From left to right, Operations Duty Uniform, First Officer Casual Uniform, Science Officer Dress Uniform, Security Officer Duty Uniform.

JBogguess Uniform links:
Science Dress uniform fav.me/dbxeoks
Security Duty uniform fav.me/dbxep9x
Operations Duty uniform fav.me/dbxemeh
First Officer Casual Uniform fav.me/dbxek3r

Briefing Room built in Truespace 3.2
Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10 with iRay
Uniform design by JBogguess
Courageous outfit from DAZ
Original patterns for Courageous by Dope_Fish
Genesis 3 figures from DAZ
Old 8th Apr 2019, 07:16 PM   #10
Professor Moriarty
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

I absolutely love this. The style looks like the love child of classic Star Trek and Space: 1999 (and I totally mean that as a compliment).

Dare I hope we will see more of this...?
Old 9th Apr 2019, 06:35 AM   #11
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
I absolutely love this. The style looks like the love child of classic Star Trek and Space: 1999 (and I totally mean that as a compliment).

Dare I hope we will see more of this...?
Yup! Yeah I'm totally planning on using this pattern for the Trek stories for this era. Hell the ship I'm setting it on is going to be using these uniforms for ten years since they're going to be out of Federation space that whole time.

I'm still sorting out texture issues for the male outfit. The pattern for the Valiant outfit doesn't match up as neatly as the Courageous does so it's giving em a bit of a headache matching up the collar and shoulder rankings.
Old Yesterday, 06:59 AM   #12
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

Going in a bit of a different direction with this, I'm collaborating with PDSmith on this to build a TOS style stateroom that you might find on a Starship or Starbase of the time. VERY low budget, but a huge space for dignitaries on board.

Going clockwise starting with the entryway, we have a large office, bedroom, living/gathering area, dining area w/ access to food slots/replicators and of course, the bathroom. Going to be working on this while I'm working on texturing up the Male Phase II outfits so I don't get burnt out on one thing as I go. I loathe texturing.

I decided, while I was waiting on this stupid cobbled together hunk of junk PC at work to upgrade it's OS, to do something productive, and worked on the kitchen area for the VIP Stateroom. The shelves are based off the ones in McCoy's office in TOS, the nook shelf, well that I built to fit in the nook :P, and the Food Synthesizer is a standalone that's going to ape a few ideas from Discovery but be far more TOS like. I have no idea what that thing is going to be hanging off the ceiling, but I just hated the ceiling being bare there so I took part of the Food Synthesizer and flipped it on the ceiling. It may never get any more detail than what it has. We are on a budget here people.

Definitely not done with the food processor as I need some buttons, lights, and I want the doors to slide open so people can retrieve their food.
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM   #13
ashe5k
Registered Member

Gallery

Going in a bit of a different direction with this, I'm collaborating with PDSmith on this to build a TOS style stateroom that you might find on a Starship or Starbase of the time. VERY low budget, but a huge space for dignitaries on board.

Going clockwise starting with the entryway, we have a large office, bedroom, living/gathering area, dining area w/ access to food slots/replicators and of course, the bathroom. Going to be working on this while I'm working on texturing up the Male Phase II outfits so I don't get burnt out on one thing as I go. I loathe texturing.

I decided, while I was waiting on this stupid cobbled together hunk of junk PC at work to upgrade it's OS, to do something productive, and worked on the kitchen area for the VIP Stateroom. The shelves are based off the ones in McCoy's office in TOS, the nook shelf, well that I built to fit in the nook :P, and the Food Synthesizer is a standalone that's going to ape a few ideas from Discovery but be far more TOS like. I have no idea what that thing is going to be hanging off the ceiling, but I just hated the ceiling being bare there so I took part of the Food Synthesizer and flipped it on the ceiling. It may never get any more detail than what it has. We are on a budget here people.

Definitely not done with the food processor as I need some buttons, lights, and I want the doors to slide open so people can retrieve their food.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress