Cinema 4D

Hey, thats Very nice ��
trekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2018, 02:46 PM   #1442
Daringer
Registered Member
 Gallery
3DS Max Poser

Looking really good man....like how you are taking a limited referenced item and turning it into a fully functional model.....but one quick question....when ya gonna throw in the landing struts? Figured it'd be small enough to land..........just messing with ya.......looks fantastic as usual
Daringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2018, 04:52 PM   #1443
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery
3DS Max Illustrator Corel Paint Paint Shop Pro Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Taking a small break from the tholian for the refitting of the Daedalus. I might be getting ahead on this as I have not read the individual stories for this ship yet so there might be unique changes made to it in story that I do not know about. Avoiding the wikis some as those have spoiled ship outcome and story in the past for me.
Mostly pulling out old things I would think they do not have off the shelf parts for like RCS assemblies and sensor packets. Also changed out the docking collars, not sure if I will keep the pressure ring or not though as these were intended as extending ports. (least the sphere ones are)

Old 31st May 2018, 08:12 AM   #1444
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Very nice!

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jun 2018, 12:19 AM   #1445
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Working on the nacelles, new endcaps added radiators and simplifying the matter processors and including a hull covering over some of it. Still not sure exactly what I will do with the openings or business ends on the inner facing nacelles. I thought to just add a grill and be done with it but Maybe the intercooler (or whatever the piping between and down the length of the warp coils) bits there would get changed out? I would have loved to just extend the nacelle housing forward for those field pods (old silver things behind the gold rings) but unless I extend from the panel break just behind the brackets it would be cutting into structure of the nacelle vs a retrofit. Think of it like cutting into the frame of a car to shorten or lengthen something on it other than changing out or bolting onto a existing panel.

Old 1st Jun 2018, 06:46 AM   #1446
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

changed up the docking ports more and messing with surfacing to show the unmatched panels and patches. Panels are a altered material while the patches are modeled in and using a metallic finish. I would expect patches as explained as panels are only available if they can be stripped from a junker in a shipyard and shipped to whatever starbase the Lovell would arrive at. This is where a off finish would come from cause they applied a replacement panel without repainting or coating it.

Old 2nd Jun 2018, 07:06 PM   #1447
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Some more rcs and some donkey marks. Started one of the SCE books and it seems the ship is more dilapidated than Vanguard let on. IE bare metal on most of the ship visual claims that struts appear to be off an older ship (dunno how such a structural thing can be swapped out though. It is not like they are a bolt on dish on your roof. In real vehicles something like a nacelle the strut is going to have framework that is entirely structural and likely if fatigued enough to be damaged or cut off means junking the spaceframe. SO with that said I am tempted to ignore this bit of info.

NOW with that said I am thinking I might not be able to avoid having to UVW the ship. Saying this it makes me a bit meh as it means loads of work and itll only apply to this model. Where if I uvw unwraped here prior to all this I could just modify things. So I am considering if I should go UVW then attempt to try to apply those unwraps to the modified objects.

Old 3rd Jun 2018, 05:10 AM   #1448
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Linear fusion stack vs the crystal, pipes for the nacelles and some early work on added on panels to the central hump.

Old 4th Jun 2018, 06:04 AM   #1449
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Decided to get around to swapping out the registry markings. Forgot to unhide the interiors hence the dark rooms.

Old 5th Jun 2018, 03:47 PM   #1450
lonewriter
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max Blender Bryce LightWave Terragen Vue Illustrator Photoshop

Love the Daedalus! Great job. I like how you did the airlock.
lonewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2018, 04:48 AM   #1451
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

More add on boxes and some missing panels and bits exposed. Also swapped out a sensor dish to a off brand one. Thinking this is a SCE ship they are not on long missions and would not have as much need as a sustenance arboretum and that workshop space would be of more importance. Not to mention larger stowage for gear, and junk. I would guess too that crew are much lower than when the ship was a explorer or warship thus more shops or storage as well. Id expect a lot of blown out walls and floors in this thing. With bits fused on and pulled off or swapped out or bypassed.

Old 8th Jun 2018, 06:31 AM   #1452
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Todays updates, not much moved some phasers about as I decided there were too many even if none were paired units. So, 10 emitters total, I might pull more off later on. Most everything else is just fooling with materials and some patch panels. Attempting to dirty up the metallic finishes on replaced panels on the ship. I still think to best represent this ship I will have to texture her properly.

Old 11th Jun 2018, 01:40 AM   #1453
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Well, one of the books stats crew of 47. So that gives some credence to my thoughts.

Back to the Tholian. Mostly grills out back and a resize and rework of the plasma cannon/torpedo. I wanted to bring the front to more of a point than it was. I am debating how I want to show a crystalline look Either by panels of bits like the Tholian logo

Old 11th Jun 2018, 06:21 PM   #1454
David cgc
Premiere Member

Gallery
LightWave Maya Illustrator Photoshop After Effects Shake Premiere

I always liked the ENT Tholian ships. I kind of like how chunky your take is.
David cgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Jun 2018, 05:31 AM   #1455
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Didnt get much done except fool with material sand add in some glowly knobs to control the plasma stuff.

Old 14th Jun 2018, 08:41 AM   #1456
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

More not so much work done update! lol. The heat has been insufferable and worse due to house AC and window ac both konking out and no 400usd to get a new one. As for the updates eh it is mostly decal like markings and I am not sure I like them either. Thought was to get more of the hull material on those field knob things (bits with the nav lights in) And to get those bits with the disruptors in to be a bit less flat block. Thought is these are like defroster lines but being re-enforced deflector grids to strengthen up the shields around the weapons. I might extrude in/out some of this stuff too. Either way more text than updates so far.

Old 14th Jun 2018, 09:48 AM   #1457
GMD3D
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

the detailing is great.. really brings the design into a whole new level
GMD3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jun 2018, 11:22 PM   #1458
Daringer
Registered Member
 Gallery
3DS Max Poser

I like how you are getting a pearlecent effect on some of the paneling, is this just a simple texture or are you using some sort of color ramp in the reflectivity? If so how much is it chewing up on the render times?
Old 16th Jun 2018, 06:12 AM   #1459
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

yes it is a fall off mix in the gloss reflection color. I have it flip flopping with some noisy and messy maps as masks. I really wanted to do a more SSS like surface but that would really kill times. ATM it doesn't hurt it too much not compared to the auto paint shader I was leaning toward (the purple triangle bits are a car paint shader that I never changed out) Lemme screen cap the flow chart material. I do not use this editor but it is easiest to show sans a hour of editing.

Ignore sample rates as those will be increased for final renders. WIP I am cutting back on some settings.

Bit of a teaser. . . . PITA to map this all out as much is hinted at or too generic to locate. Not to mention deck calls that cannot really exist without doing strange things.

Old 16th Jun 2018, 02:11 PM   #1460
Daringer
Registered Member
 Gallery
3DS Max Poser

Thanks for the info...and the screen cap of the flow chart....definitely got me thinking all kinds of different ideas......definitely gonna have to fiddle around with this effect....I think it comes thru very good.
Old 16th Jun 2018, 05:50 PM   #1461
Zippy
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Illustrator Photoshop

I say blow open with some damage to the strut as well above the blowout, maybe a shattered bussard on the same nacel as well. As for the deck calls, they might make more sense with sections instead of decks but they don't get into that in the series.
Old 16th Jun 2018, 08:21 PM   #1462
David cgc
Premiere Member

Gallery
LightWave Maya Illustrator Photoshop After Effects Shake Premiere

I love everything about this. I was thinking about doing a Vanguard re-read.
David cgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2018, 10:24 PM   #1463
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Roughly filling in the bits. Kinda getting carried away as there are bits for areas that wont show. Bits lacking materials are sorta color coded. Pink is crew compartments, shafts etc. There are 2 rooms with dual access to a single foor room above and below leading to a lengthwise tunnel. These are to be empty during operation, only the machine rooms would be manned. Fuchsia, are conduit or plasma piping. Purple is waste plasma, bit that flush to empty the nacelle. Blue is coolant related stuff.

Again this is all rough as I want to fill things in before modeling up any fancy framework.

Old 18th Jun 2018, 01:59 PM   #1464
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

All I can say is, "Wow." Just wow.
DigitalOrigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2018, 12:30 AM   #1465
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Some stuff I meant to post earlier but forgot. Seems I did not get anything done today sheesh.

Old 19th Jun 2018, 08:09 AM   #1466
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Ok a quickie of the catwalk, the blue block shows the airtight space. Maybe most of the nacelle could be airtight but the main catwalk will be its own seal area. Of course the space the blue is would be machine spaces pipes cables etc while the inner core would just be paneled or open. The bulkhead wont be orange just orange to highlight it. I have argued over if I should evenly space the nacelle frames along the length or not. ATM they are based on access to conduit and the coil groups. The hardest part is the inconsistent shape along the length but thus is life ne? Anyhow green box is a 3X3X6ft object to give an idea of a larger person vs my little girl. I really need to get some redshirts vs red jacket loli.

Well shoot forgot to post this so I already spaced the frames evenly. . . . . feh.

Old 20th Jun 2018, 12:12 AM   #1467
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Lots of bracing and small alterations, planning to deal with the non uniform braces by creating a bulkhead that goes from round to the uneven shapes like seen on that aft "thing" in the last image. Might punch dome holes int it too.

Old 20th Jun 2018, 08:08 AM   #1468
Rigel

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop

Lovely detail work on the nacelle insides.

------------------------------------------------------------
Other Projects

The Universal Joint
Beechcraft 2000 airplane
LadyBug (Firefly class freighter)
Rigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jun 2018, 05:32 PM   #1469
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

Nearing being done with the main frame. Slowly replacing the dummy parts.

Old 22nd Jun 2018, 02:58 AM   #1470
Madkoifish
Premiere Member

Gallery

I think this is it for now. Any other detail parts like inner panels and pressure hulls will get modeled as needed when I start tearing this thing up. I need to spend some time I think composing the image before I go too much further with modeling stuff as I might spend time on a section of it and not have it be view able in the image would be wasting time. Final image shows space that could have some tight jeffries tubes and a lot of the plasma transport system. Figure I wont model any tubes unless I need them here. Same for trunk lines and other smaller bits. I would assume these are no go areas while under operation, only the heavily shielded injector decks would be manned. And funny they all sit near the intake manifold for all the plasma. Also rendered this with the MR rounder off. Less of the blue halo thing going on in it.
Of course all much closer than I ever would get for a final image.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Works in Progress