Showcase All finalized work, 2D, 3D, and animations

Old 26th Aug 2010, 04:10 PM   #31
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max LightWave Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1701A View Post
Nice image. I don't know what it is, but this ship always looks good in Purple light.

I have to get busy on Version 6 before the next movie comes out...
Glad you like MadMan! And yes, it does look good in purple. Can't wait for version 6! You have done a great job designing her. And thanks for sharing!
Old 26th Aug 2010, 04:18 PM   #32
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg3D View Post
Oh no, my friend, this is fun, as being a Trekker, I love Trek-Talk, as I call it.

And D'oh! I can't believe I forgot about T'Pol! For both categories!

And I forgot that Ashley Judd was on Trek!

Time travel eps., huh? Great Q.

Well, the one that always stuck with me originally was TOS' Tomorrow Is Yesterday, for the express reason of seeing the ENTERPRISE up in the blue sky. That imagery has always stuck with me all through the years, as seeing E up in the blue sky like that made her somehow more “real” to me. I used to (and still do now-and-then) sit on me front-porch with my bro when we were kids watching for jetliners and using our imagination(s) to see E up there instead (that and T-Rex's comin down our street (oh we loved Jurassic Park when it came out!). That compelling E-up-in-the-blue-sky imagery was the reason I created my TOS.5 Tomorrow Is Yesterday series of pics.

Now, for actual time-travel twist-your-brain-up-in-a-knot story-telling (my fav type of science fiction, BTW), hands-down it's the über-haunting Voyager two-parter, Year of Hell (Part I and Part II).

Yours?

deg
Good choice on the Year of Hell episodes. Those were really good. I probably would have picked those too. Tomorrow is Yesterday is also another favorite of mine. I like the concept of the Enterprise in a atmosphere. And back in the late 1960's is even better. I bet they would have crapped their pants if something like that did happen! LOL!

I also like DS9's Trial's and Tribble-lations. That was cool the way they integrated both crews. Plus Jadzia in a TOS uniform was alright too.

Ok here's another....Mirror Universe- which episode or episodes do you like of these?
nova1701dms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2010, 04:33 PM   #33
jen7698
Registered Member

Gallery
Poser Photoshop

Smile

Quote:
For the record, I like (some) chick-flicks, eh, as I don't hold the gender or age of a story's protagonist against it. It just has to be a good story and/or film, and I will enjoy it. My wife and I saw the first two Twilight films on DVD, and they were OK (as we both love vampires and werewolves). However, a bit drippy with all the cow-eyed looks going on. Enough already. Who acts like that? I mean I adore my wife, and she me, but if we acted like that with each-other we'd slap each-other saying; Snap out of it!

My wife is an 8th grade language arts (reading and writing) teacher and she tells all the girls: Twilight is most definitely NOT a good realistic example of a healthy relationship dynamic. It's may look all dreamy and romantic on the page or on-screen, but in reality, it's highly dysfunctional, so do not grow up pining for that type of relationship or you'll most likely be headed into therapy, or arrested for stalking or being stalked yourself.

But, I “get” the Twilight (fantasy) draw for some gals. It's the neo Harlequin Romance novels of the day, eh. And as long as no-one gets hurts, more power to whatever peeps enjoy, IMO.

Oh, and we love True Blood. My wife read all those books.

As to Trek guys, like I said; Kirk first. Riker, Chikota, Paris, and The Doctor as well are all great in my eyes, too. Liked Harry Kim as well. Scotty and Bones of course. Archer of course, and Tripp and Malcolm. So many...

I just love all Trek, eh.

deg
We have seen "New Moon" and "Eclipse" in theater but never saw the first one, "Twilight" in theater. What we really liked were the graphics on the wolves. They did a good job on them! I have seen all episodes of "True Blood" and have read all the books as well.

For Star Trek, my favorite series was "Voyager" and "Enterprise".

Hope you all have a good evening...I hear assignments calling me.
jen7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2010, 05:21 PM   #34
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Modo Illustrator Photoshop After Effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova1701dms View Post
Good choice on the Year of Hell episodes. Those were really good. I probably would have picked those too. Tomorrow is Yesterday is also another favorite of mine. I like the concept of the Enterprise in a atmosphere. And back in the late 1960's is even better. I bet they would have crapped their pants if something like that did happen! LOL!

I also like DS9's Trial's and Tribble-lations. That was cool the way they integrated both crews. Plus Jadzia in a TOS uniform was alright too.

Ok here's another....Mirror Universe- which episode or episodes do you like of these?
Oh, that's right! I can't believe I forgot about Trials and Tribble-ations, eh! I have the Tribble from the 2-pack eps. set (TOS and DS9) on my shelf. And oh yeah, Jadzia in the TOS mini.

Mirror Universe, eh? All, but oh the original Mirror, Mirror best for sure. And man, Barbara Luna was smokin' as the captain's girl! Hottest seen Uhura ever, too. And Spock rockin' a Van dyke beard, oh yeah...

(BTW, that's not a goatee as many mistake it for. Goatee's are just a beard off the chin (not to be confused with the soul-patch, which is just hair just under the lower lip). Van dykes consist of a beard and a mustache.)

Nana Visitor looked esp. hot on that side as well, eh. I don't recall much of the episode's plots though, other than the original TOS jaunt to the other side. Good, semi-fresh Trek for me to watch.

Wait! In a Mirror, Darkly friggin' rocked, too!

Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen7698 View Post
We have seen "New Moon" and "Eclipse" in theater but never saw the first one, "Twilight" in theater. What we really liked were the graphics on the wolves. They did a good job on them! I have seen all episodes of "True Blood" and have read all the books as well.

For Star Trek, my favorite series was "Voyager" and "Enterprise".

Hope you all have a good evening...I hear assignments calling me.
Crack them books, I know the feeling.

deg

http://deg3D.biz
deg3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Aug 2010, 07:41 PM   #35
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Oh, that's right! I can't believe I forgot about Trials and Tribble-ations, eh! I have the Tribble from the 2-pack eps. set (TOS and DS9) on my shelf. And oh yeah, Jadzia in the TOS mini.

Mirror Universe, eh? All, but oh the original Mirror, Mirror best for sure. And man, Barbara Luna was smokin' as the captain's girl! Hottest seen Uhura ever, too. And Spock rockin' a Van dyke beard, oh yeah...

(BTW, that's not a goatee as many mistake it for. Goatee's are just a beard off the chin (not to be confused with the soul-patch, which is just hair just under the lower lip). Van dykes consist of a beard and a mustache.)

Nana Visitor looked esp. hot on that side as well, eh. I don't recall much of the episode's plots though, other than the original TOS jaunt to the other side. Good, semi-fresh Trek for me to watch.

Wait! In a Mirror, Darkly friggin' rocked, too!

Yours?

Crack them books, I know the feeling.

deg
Well, Star Trek Enterprise- In a Mirror Darkly. Love those episodes. I enjoyed seeing the NX-01 with Terran Empire logos. Those two episodes are my favorites. T'Pol and Hoshi in a cutoff shirt....
But before they were aired I liked Mirror, Mirror from TOS. Loved Spock with his "beard". Good story too.

I don't understand why they didn't do a "mirror universe" of Voyager. Would have been good see Janeway in a half shirt. how about Seven of Nine. LOL!

How about your favorite villian?
Old 27th Aug 2010, 04:03 AM   #36
Tenement 01
Registered Member

Gallery
LightWave Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Lovely Enterprise image.
Tenement 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Aug 2010, 05:12 AM   #37
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenement 01 View Post
Lovely Enterprise image.
Thanks Tenement 01!
Old 27th Aug 2010, 09:56 AM   #38
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Well, Star Trek Enterprise- In a Mirror Darkly. Love those episodes. I enjoyed seeing the NX-01 with Terran Empire logos. Those two episodes are my favorites. T'Pol and Hoshi in a cutoff shirt....
But before they were aired I liked Mirror, Mirror from TOS. Loved Spock with his "beard". Good story too.

I don't understand why they didn't do a "mirror universe" of Voyager. Would have been good see Janeway in a half shirt. how about Seven of Nine. LOL!

How about your favorite villian?
Oh easy; The Gorn.

However, I don't see him as a villain per se, just the product of a territorial-based misunderstanding.

As wacky-wild alien outta control, a 3-way tie between The Mugatu (or Gumatu before The Shatner flubbed the line), Q, and Q's progenitor; Trelane, The Squire of Gothos.

As malevolent villains in-and-of themselves, gotta go with The Borg. The were outta-hand with their whole assimilation attitude.

As colorful; The Klingons, of course (Vikings in Space, and really cool ships).

Yours?

Would have liked to have seen a Mirror Universe Voyager episode myself.

deg
Old 27th Aug 2010, 03:12 PM   #39
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Oh easy; The Gorn.

However, I don't see him as a villain per se, just the product of a territorial-based misunderstanding.

As wacky-wild alien outta control, a 3-way tie between The Mugatu (or Gumatu before The Shatner flubbed the line), Q, and Q's progenitor; Trelane, The Squire of Gothos.

As malevolent villains in-and-of themselves, gotta go with The Borg. The were outta-hand with their whole assimilation attitude.

As colorful; The Klingons, of course (Vikings in Space, and really cool ships).

Yours?

Would have liked to have seen a Mirror Universe Voyager episode myself.

deg

The Borg are my favorite. Runner-ups are Jem'hadar, Hirogen, Kazon, Q of course. Can't forget Q. (Especially when he makes Data laugh). The Cardassians in the episode "Chain of Command" TNG. They tried to break Picard and couldn't. Commander Kruge in his obsession of Genesis. Khan for his revenge of the death of his wife. General Chang for not wanting change and loved his fascination of Shakespeare. One of my favorite quotes is " I am constant of the northern star" McCoy,"I give real money if he'd shut up!" Trek has a variety of villains that's for sure.

Ok and another.... What episode or movie had, in your opinion, a heart breaking or sad point? Event or death or story?
Old 27th Aug 2010, 04:28 PM   #40
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

All good, dude.

Esp. “There... are... four... lights!”

That would be one grand heart-breaking moment right there, IMO.

So many, but the first that come to mind are:

Kirk's death. "Oh my..."
E's death. “What have I done?" "What you had to do. What you always do. Turn death into a fighting chance to live."
Kirk falling back upon David being killed. “You Klingon bastards, you've killed my son..."
Spock's death. “I have been... and always shall be... your friend. Live long... and prosper.”
Edith's death. Spock cries, "No, Jim!". McCoy then tries to save Edith, but is held back by Kirk.
The whole Sybok regression tour(s) of the past for the Big 3.
Lal's death.

Yours?

deg
Old 28th Aug 2010, 08:10 AM   #41
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Let's see here....
Destruction of the Enterprise, destruction of Enterprise-D, Spock's death, Kirk's death, Kirk's son David's death, death of Sarek, death of Data (Nemesis), Lal's death, Tasha Yar's death, and the list goes on. I was really sad of the death of Spock in ST2. I remember sitting in the theater thinking why hell did they do that for? What really stuck in my craw was the destruction of the Enterprise in ST3. I left that theater thinking, "ok, now what are they going to do". A lot of people didn't like that one.

Ok Deg...another...
What was the happiest part in either series or movie? What part made you feel good?
Old 28th Aug 2010, 09:18 AM   #42
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

Good ones, eh.

The whole of Trek makes me feel warm 'n' fuzzy. I recall back in my earlier days when I was going through something that upset me (now with age and wisdom, I don't sweat the small stuff or large stuff either) I would throw on an episode of TOS (as I owned (still do) all of them on video-tape), and would feel; All's right in the world when Star Trek is on. Trek as life therapy, LOL. Worked though.

As far as scene or part; I'd have to say thee most glee I ever felt was watching for the first time the opening credits of TMP at the opening night premiere, and by the time Kirk and Scotty's ENTERPRISE fly-around tour I was over the Moon with joy, as there she was, my gal again! OMG, I 'bout cried with joy! I'm sure I wasn't alone in that feeling. That scene STILL get me to this day. But upon seeing her new again on 12.07.79 for the first time in over ten years, I was floored with joy!

I always enjoyed the lil' command-chair banters of the Big 3 (or 2) at the end of the episodes, as well as Kirk's no-regrets-at-all declaration of “I need my pain!” to Sybok in ST: V, so much I memorized Kirk's whole soliloquy from that scene.

And yours?

deg
Old 28th Aug 2010, 03:06 PM   #43
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

I, too, loved the fly-by of the Enterprise in TMP. I couldn't get over the fact the they redesigned her at the time. I said to myself, "That's not the Enterprise!" or "Ok. Where is it?" or "When am I ever going to see the ship?" "Did I miss it?" However, it wasn't long before I knew that they redesigned her. Made her better.

I was also happy the see the Enterprise getaway from spacedock, "Gentlemen, may the wind be at our backs!"

Also loved..."Jim, your name is Jim."

And of "My friends, we've come home." Reveal of the new Enterprise-A.

And another, "Data!" "Resistance is futile!" First Contact. Enjoyed seeing the Queen's plan bottom out. LOL!

There are many more to list. From Voyager to DS9 and so on. Star Trek has been a happy experience for me. It brings out the best in man or alien for that matter. I love the interaction between the characters. They way they make the viewer care about them. Too bad there isn't another tv series being developed. Maybe one day there would be. We will see.

Ok Deg.....Did you like the direction they took the TOS in? Meaning the changes for them in TMP, and so on? The development of the characters?
Old 28th Aug 2010, 05:35 PM   #44
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

Sure, I thought the TOS-era to TMP-era was a nice progression, on all counts, eh.

It's funny you mention being kinda put-off by TMP-E when first seeing her. Even though I love TOS-E first and foremost, I love and accepted TMP-E the second I laid eyes on her, and thought she was the perfect progression of the gal from the small-screen to the silver-screen.

Your thoughts on the TOS-era to TMP-era progression?

I gotta build my own TMP-E at some point some day, eh.

deg
Old 28th Aug 2010, 05:52 PM   #45
jen7698
Registered Member

Gallery
Poser Photoshop

Talking

Quote:
I, too, loved the fly-by of the Enterprise in TMP. I couldn't get over the fact the they redesigned her at the time. I said to myself, "That's not the Enterprise!" or "Ok. Where is it?" or "When am I ever going to see the ship?" "Did I miss it?" However, it wasn't long before I knew that they redesigned her. Made her better.

I was also happy the see the Enterprise getaway from spacedock, "Gentlemen, may the wind be at our backs!"

Also loved..."Jim, your name is Jim."

And of "My friends, we've come home." Reveal of the new Enterprise-A.

And another, "Data!" "Resistance is futile!" First Contact. Enjoyed seeing the Queen's plan bottom out. LOL!

There are many more to list. From Voyager to DS9 and so on. Star Trek has been a happy experience for me. It brings out the best in man or alien for that matter. I love the interaction between the characters. They way they make the viewer care about them. Too bad there isn't another tv series being developed. Maybe one day there would be. We will see.

Ok Deg.....Did you like the direction they took the TOS in? Meaning the changes for them in TMP, and so on? The development of the characters?
I will throw your computer out the window and run it over if you put that "Data" or "Resistance is futile" back on your computer. You and Debra annoyed me every time I walked in the room by having that saying go off on the computer. I'm kind of glad that I will be getting a laptop and taking it on the trip because if I had a desktop you could put stuff on it just to bug me. Yes, you and Debra would be the culprits to do that sort of thing! Just remember when I get back I will get you guys!
jen7698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2010, 06:00 PM   #46
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
I will throw your computer out the window and run it over if you puts that "Data" or "Resistance is futile" back on your computer. You and Debra annoyed me every time I walked in the room by having that saying go off on the computer. I'm kind of glad that I will be getting a laptop and taking it on the trip because if I had a desktop you could put stuff on it just to bug me. Yes, you and Debra would be the culprits to do that sort of thing! Just remember when I get back I will get you guys!

I had change my sound settings on my computer a while back just to bug my wife. Every time I closed a window out it would say, "Data! Resistance is futile!" I used to laugh every time she heard it. It would drive her crazy! LOL!
Old 28th Aug 2010, 07:55 PM   #47
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Sure, I thought the TOS-era to TMP-era was a nice progression, on all counts, eh.

It's funny you mention being kinda put-off by TMP-E when first seeing her. Even though I love TOS-E first and foremost, I love and accepted TMP-E the second I laid eyes on her, and thought she was the perfect progression of the gal from the small-screen to the silver-screen.

Your thoughts on the TOS-era to TMP-era progression?

I gotta build my own TMP-E at some point some day, eh.

deg
I agree on being accepting on the new design. I wouldn't change her. Beautiful ship. I also think they did a good job on the transition of the TOS to the big screen. They showed more of the interactions between the crew. It made you really care about them and the ship. The ship had it's own personality. She would always bring them home. (With the exception of her destruction ).

I would have enjoyed seeing more of the relationship between Kirk and Doctor Gillian Taylor from ST4.

I would have like to have seen more of the Romulans.

Would have been cool for Kirk to butt heads with the Borg! LOL!

I think they did great in the direction that they took. Too bad it's over. Would have loved another.

You making a TMP Enterprise? Can't wait!

Deg, which movie do you like the least?
Old 28th Aug 2010, 08:16 PM   #48
lonewriter
Registered Member

Gallery
3DS Max Blender Bryce LightWave Terragen Vue Illustrator Photoshop

My favorite captain is Sisko, he had the diplomatic skills of Picard but he could kick butt like Kirk could. I also liked Janeway as for Archer, I never thought they developed the character enough.
My favorite Trek movie was ST2 until the last Trek movie came out and I loved it.
Favorite female is a tie between Kira and Seven. Seven can assimilate me anytime!
lonewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Aug 2010, 08:32 PM   #49
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewriter View Post
My favorite captain is Sisko, he had the diplomatic skills of Picard but he could kick butt like Kirk could. I also liked Janeway as for Archer, I never thought they developed the character enough.
My favorite Trek movie was ST2 until the last Trek movie came out and I loved it.
Favorite female is a tie between Kira and Seven. Seven can assimilate me anytime!

I agree about Sisko. He was a flexible captain. I also agree that Archer wasn't developed enough. Too bad, I would like to have seen that.

What was your favorite part in ST6?

As far as Seven goes, well "resistance is truly futile". I wouldn't stand a chance! LOL!
Old 29th Aug 2010, 06:26 AM   #50
ronaldheld
Contributing Member
 Gallery
LightWave

is it easier to model a TMP Enterprise from scartch or change a TOS one?
ronaldheld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2010, 09:02 AM   #51
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
I will throw your computer out the window and run it over if you put that "Data" or "Resistance is futile" back on your computer. You and Debra annoyed me every time I walked in the room by having that saying go off on the computer. I'm kind of glad that I will be getting a laptop and taking it on the trip because if I had a desktop you could put stuff on it just to bug me. Yes, you and Debra would be the culprits to do that sort of thing! Just remember when I get back I will get you guys!
Ha, reminds me of me B9 “Robot” from Lost in Space on the shelf in the living-room just as one enters from the foyer. He has a motion detector that sets him off and he screams DANGER! DANGER WILL! ROBINSON! while twisting at the hip and flailing his arms about with the lights going off in his head. Anywho, he seems to be broken in regard to; I can't turn him off. Even though the switch is turned to off, he still goes off all the time as you walk by. This scares my wife all the time, esp. when she lets the dogs out at night and its dark as she walks by and gets; DANGER! DANGER WILL! ROBINSON!

On top of that, he'll just go off for no reason at all. We'll be in the bed-room watching TV and you'll hear ol' B9 going off on his sentry duty for no apparent reason in the other room. I have talking Kirk and Spock booble-heads as well in my studio, that when you hit their heads they say three different phrases ,and Kirk, he just goes off all the time on his own; I'm Captain James T Kirk..., I'm a solder, not a diplomat., Space, the final frontier..... Spock, not a peep. Crack us up, there goes Kirky again. My Dalek likes to scream EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! for no reason as well. Well, I'm sure he has his reasons, he just does if without even being switched on.

Quote:
I agree on being accepting on the new design. I wouldn't change her. Beautiful ship. I also think they did a good job on the transition of the TOS to the big screen. They showed more of the interactions between the crew. It made you really care about them and the ship. The ship had it's own personality. She would always bring them home. (With the exception of her destruction ).

I would have enjoyed seeing more of the relationship between Kirk and Doctor Gillian Taylor from ST4.

I would have like to have seen more of the Romulans.

Would have been cool for Kirk to butt heads with the Borg! LOL!

I think they did great in the direction that they took. Too bad it's over. Would have loved another.

You making a TMP Enterprise? Can't wait!

Deg, which movie do you like the least?
Hmmmm, I would have to say; ST: IV, even though I still loved it.

Yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewriter View Post
I love Sisko as well, always have, but having just seen Brooks speak (man, what a great loving human being, IMO), I love him even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldheld View Post
is it easier to model a TMP Enterprise from scartch or change a TOS one?
Well, as I see it, I would build my TMP-E from scratch. I would not try and “re-fit” TOS-E as it would be harder to do that then build her new from scratch, IMO. While the two ships share the same basic configuration, they are completely different in subtle line, sweep, and detail.

deg
Old 29th Aug 2010, 09:28 AM   #52
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Ha, reminds me of me B9 “Robot” from Lost in Space on the shelf in the living-room just as one enters from the foyer. He has a motion detector that sets him off and he screams DANGER! DANGER WILL! ROBINSON! while twisting at the hip and flailing his arms about with the lights going off in his head. Anywho, he seems to be broken in regard to; I can't turn him off. Even though the switch is turned to off, he still goes off all the time as you walk by. This scares my wife all the time, esp. when she lets the dogs out at night and its dark as she walks by and gets; DANGER! DANGER WILL! ROBINSON!

On top of that, he'll just go off for no reason at all. We'll be in the bed-room watching TV and you'll hear ol' B9 going off on his sentry duty for no apparent reason in the other room. I have talking Kirk and Spock booble-heads as well in my studio, that when you hit their heads they say three different phrases ,and Kirk, he just goes off all the time on his own; I'm Captain James T Kirk..., I'm a solder, not a diplomat., Space, the final frontier..... Spock, not a peep. Crack us up, there goes Kirky again. My Dalek likes to scream EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! for no reason as well. Well, I'm sure he has his reasons, he just does if without even being switched on.

Hmmmm, I would have to say; ST: IV, even though I still loved it.

Yours?

I love Sisko as well, always have, but having just seen Brooks speak (man, what a great loving human being, IMO), I love him even more.

Well, as I see it, I would build my TMP-E from scratch. I would not try and “re-fit” TOS-E as it would be harder to do that then build her new from scratch, IMO. While the two ships share the same basic configuration, they are completely different in subtle line, sweep, and detail.

deg

My least favorite film would be ST5. I was a little disappointed with the special effects considering films ST,2,3,4 had ILM. I understand about the budget but I would have preferred ILM versus the other. I did love the Row Row your boat scenes at the beginning and end of the film. Good touch. The film did have high points in it. Just the SFX were a little down.

I used to have a Lost in Space robot also. It was a lot of fun. I don't have too many noise makers. Most of mine are packed up. We're in the process of getting the house up for sale soon. Very looooong process I must say.

What did you thing of the direction TNG went during the movies? Would you have done things differently?
Old 29th Aug 2010, 12:03 PM   #53
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

Hmmmm, I thought they started off really well, but by the time Insurrection rolled around, it seemed to suffer from the same thing V did, the studio losing interest and nickel 'n' dime-ing the budget. The effect were worse than V even!

And the overall production feel, didn't even seem theatrical in nature to me. I felt like I was watching really long TV episode, or a TV-movie version of TNG. Great score by Goldsmith though, IMO.

Same goes (but not as bad) for Nemesis. The artists all did a good job on the films for the most part (other than Blue Sky on the VFX for Insurrection that is), but the studio left Trek twisting in the wind, and it showed up that way as is on screen, IMO, eh.

Nevertheless, being a pure Trekker that loves Trek, I enjoyed all the TNG films, eh.

I have a saying for myself as a Trekker; Even bad Trek is good Trek, to me.

Heck, I love Spock's Brain and The Way to Eden, in-and-of for what they are, eh.

Herbert. Herbert. Herbert.

(If you have to ask what one is, you most likely are one.)

We reach?

Your take on TNG in film?

deg
Old 29th Aug 2010, 12:08 PM   #54
DigitalOrigami
Registered Member

Gallery
Modo Photoshop

Quote:

Heck, I love Spock's Brain and The Way to Eden, in-and-of for what they are, eh.

(If you have to ask what one is, you most likely are one.)

We reach?
deg
"I'm gonna clap my hands and jump for joy,
I got a clean bill of health from Dr. McCoy."

It bothers me that I can't remember what I did at work last week, but that's still in my head after 40 years....
DigitalOrigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2010, 12:47 PM   #55
nova1701dms
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOrigami View Post

It bothers me that I can't remember what I did at work last week, but that's still in my head after 40 years....
Same here. "That green blooded son of a b$tch! It's his revenge for all the arguments he loss" stays clearly in my head but I can't remember what I have for dinner a couple of nights ago! LOL!

It's the craziest things that we remember!
Old 29th Aug 2010, 06:04 PM   #56
deg3D
Registered Member

Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOrigami View Post

We reach. /\

deg
Old 30th Aug 2010, 05:15 AM   #57
ronaldheld
Contributing Member
 Gallery
LightWave

Maybe Herbert really liked the 2009 movie?
ronaldheld is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Creative Works > Showcase