Old 22nd Apr 2011, 12:38 AM   #1
blazingfire
Registered Member
 Gallery
3DS Max Gimp After Effects

Default Skyscraper window textures?

Does anyone know where I can get such textures? Free ones would be really nice but I could pay a small fee. Or any tutorials for making them with GIMP? I have really searched hard, and still haven't found any satisfactory ones.

If anyone kind enough points me in the right direction, I'd preferably like a either a "night lights" textures or the blue sky reflecting off kind of texture.

For the record, I'm running 3d Max 2009. I realise, from what I have seen so far, that the majority are Lightwave users, but I'd though I'd ask anyway.

Thanks in advance!
blazingfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 01:05 AM   #2
Lewis
Contributing Member

Gallery
LightWave Illustrator Corel Draw Corel Paint Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Hmm, what do you mean by "textures". Isn't skyscraper usually made of Glass/windows from outside and by that making it reflective to reflect surroundings?

ICQ - 7128177
Skype - lewis3d
www.lewis.tomsoft.hr
MY LWM Video CAR Modeling Tutorial
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 01:39 AM   #3
blazingfire
Registered Member
 Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Hmm, what do you mean by "textures". Isn't skyscraper usually made of Glass/windows from outside and by that making it reflective to reflect surroundings?
Yes, I'd thought of that but it turned out to be too 'clean'. And I'm not really sure how to add dirt to glass, tried through composite, didn't work.

What I really do need is a window texture with lights on, ie. at night, so that'll work at anytime of the day in my model...
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 03:15 AM   #4
hal
Registered Member

Gallery
Cinema 4D LightWave Poser Terragen ZBrush Illustrator Photoshop After Effects Premiere

Try here http://www.cgtextures.com/ look at the buildings section and take a look in the glass and night sub-folder. Make sure when you set it as a texture to have a slight bit of reflection to it and to have the texture in the illumination channel. Though I will say it's not the best way to achieve the look you want as for close up shots you will know that it's a 2d texture.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd Apr 2011, 03:43 AM   #5
blazingfire
Registered Member
 Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Try here http://www.cgtextures.com/ look at the buildings section and take a look in the glass and night sub-folder. Make sure when you set it as a texture to have a slight bit of reflection to it and to have the texture in the illumination channel.
Thanks!!
This is exactly what I need.

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Techniques, Instruction > Texturing