Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Techniques, Instruction > 3D
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

3D Tutorials and your questions on your particular 3D application. Or post questions for general 3D help.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 01:57 PM   #1
ECC
Registered Member
 Gallery
LightWave

Default LightWave - Object Sequencer problem

I've a seriies of lwo object converted from Blender Fluid sim. After loading the object and applying object sequencer and set option to a specific frame in this case 180 of 360 frames.

it works in wire frame mode and the object does not start to flow until the assigned frame 180. I can easily scrub the time line and it works perfectly. The problem is rendering the animation the object that is set to commence at frame 180 actually starts at frame 1

this is a weird problem which I've not encountered before, any ideas why in wire frame mode and scrubbing the timeline it works as it is suppose too, but actual rendering the animation does not?
ECC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 02:18 PM   #2
ECC
Registered Member
 Gallery
LightWave

I was rendering to avi uncompressed, reason for this it is a test render only very lower res. But did decide to render out to images start just before teh fluid starts to flow and guess what it works. It's an extra step to simply edit the fiels to video but for a test anim I usually render straight to avi.

Wonder why the LW is not rendering correctly video
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 03:06 PM   #3
ECC
Registered Member
 Gallery
LightWave

I'll try no AA or MB see if that changes anything
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 04:17 PM   #4
SG_Stargazers
Contributing Member
 Gallery
LightWave Terragen Photoshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECC View Post
I'll try no AA or MB see if that changes anything
Don't mean to ask the obvious, but under the render globals is the start frame at 1? If it somehow got set to 180, your time line scrubber would display correctly, but the render would be off, which sounds like your dilemma.
SG_Stargazers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2013, 05:17 PM   #5
ECC
Registered Member
 Gallery
LightWave

No problem, the animation sequence is 360 frames the object is set to sequence at frame 180

I've checked over and over and each time the object when direct render to avi the object starts the fluid sequence at frame one even though the object is set to sequence at frame 180.

As stated in wire frame and scrubbing through the time line everything works perfectly but fails when I start rendering direct to avi the sequence object starts sequencing form frame 1

having said that I did a render direct to images and no problem the sequence object started at frame 180.

I then tried Andrews suggestion turning off DOF and MB then rendered to avi and that worked. Okay that is working let's try DOF and MB again and this time it worked.

So frustrating LW is at times

Go Back   Foundation 3D Forums > Techniques, Instruction > 3D